(Stock Electric Propeller Vehicle Showcase): Bringing power to the people!

Welcome to my stock electric plane repository! It serves as a home for my own electric craft which work perfectly 75% of the time, and also somewhere to share your own electric planes and other creations. Have fun! 

mbyrL95.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nlTddDL.png

This is the highly creatively named "SAS flyer 1". It features decent reliability, a high-power engine, and a low takeoff speed. It has a maximal speed of 75 m/s ASL, and a maximal safe speed of around 90 m/s. Not particularly exciting, but highly versatile. 

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/Workaround-Industries-SAS-flyer-1

qziRivZ.png

And this is the "SAS flyer 2". It features a canard design and is powered by a relatively less powerful motor. However, it is easier to fly, as long as it is managed properly. Fly with SAS on (for only the plane itself). Infinite range guaranteed. Your money back if it runs out of power in mid air!

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/Workaround-Industries-SAS-flyer-2

XJaLsv0.png

And now for the extremely creatively named MK3 propeller plane. With a large passenger capacity and extended cruise capability, the MK3 is well-regarded due to its silence. This silence also allows it to conduct top secret raids on [REDACTED] during the [REDACTED] war.

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/Workaround-Industries-SAS-flyer-3

QwBS1HU.png And this here is the MK5, aka the "Reliant". "Where's the MK4?" I hear you ask. Well, that's... another story. Anyways, the MK5 is better in almost every way relative to the MK1, and is much, much, less likely to crash for no reason.

And as a general rule of thumb, turning SAS on kills the engine, but turning time warp on kills the engine for good.

Post your craft here!

On 8/4/2016 at 5:36 PM, nascarlaser1 said:

cool ships!

How do you make propellers that, well, work? The only stock propeller tutorials are from versions long ago and they only last 5 seconds before the hinges rip themselves to shreds.

In my designs, multiple Stayputniks are held in a structural fuselage, which allow them to rotate.

I have only been playing for a couple months, so I haven't reached this level of design yet.  I downloaded the SAS 2.  Took it apart.. Took it out for a flight.  I'm convinced.

It's powered by magic.

I would really love to see a step by step on how you build something like this.  I know that there are a lot of parts over top of each other. How do you get them all to stick together?

7 hours ago, Valtam42 said:

I have only been playing for a couple months, so I haven't reached this level of design yet.  I downloaded the SAS 2.  Took it apart.. Took it out for a flight.  I'm convinced.

It's powered by magic.

I would really love to see a step by step on how you build something like this.  I know that there are a lot of parts over top of each other. How do you get them all to stick together?

Cubic octagonal struts do almost all the work :P

I a very long time ago built an electric powered helicopter. Very ancient and from the stone age. Doesn't work in KSP anymore. But hey it was sure electric if you get what I mean?

H2AUBZb.jpg

Edited by Jon144

Sorry to double post but I have now managed to build a electric counter rotating prop plane

MSkmanV.png

Its still slow (40m/s in a dive) but can actually be flown without SAS and after 15 minutes of flight time didn't disintegrate 

inznAnC.png

I even made it to the island airfield 

Just now, Azimech said:

Electrified the Chakora v3

You've shown that before.

Just now, Azimech said:

I'm not impressed with electric flying, that's for sure.

And you've said that before.

If you don't like electric prop craft mate, don't post anything about them. Some people like them, accept it. Do your own thing. And only post here if you have something positive and helpful to say. No need to poop on anyone's parade here.

4 hours ago, mrmcp1 said:

Sorry to double post but I have now managed to build a electric counter rotating prop plane

That's truly awesome Mrmcp1! Really nice work, keep it up! Keep experimenting, keep refining!

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

Electrified the Chakora v3 ... I'm not impressed with electric flying, that's for sure. Top speed 140.

OG9iYpi.png

It is less impressive with your massive house sized bearing than it is with smaller bearings, such as those of mine and @mrmcp1

8 hours ago, mrmcp1 said:

-stuff-

I like it! My current bearings are too long for that. Time to... Miniaturize!

Azimech's stuff becomes less impressive after you realize that what should be a single prop engine fighter replica is actually nearly as big as a Boeing 737 with the part count to boot. Not saying that the whole electric thing is any more better or practical but everyone has their own things with their own quirks. That thing looks awesome mrmcp :D 

(Ps. Not really Azimech's fault though. Squad was the one that took away bearing functionality from those tiny wheels which requires the huge ones. That's why I have preferred making wheel-less bearings since.)

Edited by Jon144

On 09/08/2016 at 5:18 PM, Azimech said:

Electrified the Chakora v3 ... I'm not impressed with electric flying, that's for sure. Top speed 140.

OG9iYpi.png

140? And i thought 60 was fast! Despite the fact that it's big, that's pretty good.

Oh, and i've had this one around for a while...

26lGdqC.png

Edited by quasarrgames

1 hour ago, Brownie352 said:

Hello guys i like your craft but you need to make them operate to different planets !! duna laythe eve even jool !  

Who says they can't?

On 8/10/2016 at 11:03 PM, quasarrgames said:

140? And i thought 60 was fast! Despite the fact that it's big, that's pretty good.

Oh, and i've had this one around for a while...

26lGdqC.png

I've gotten around 80 with my most advanced stayputnik bearing variant (Classified), and around 110 with a special wheeled bearing that uses a glitch to operate.

7 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

Who says they can't?

I've gotten around 80 with my most advanced stayputnik bearing variant (Classified), and around 110 with a special wheeled bearing that uses a glitch to operate.

A glitch to operate? Blocked wheels?

1 hour ago, The Optimist said:

UPDATE: Operation at 3000 rpm (50 RPS) for extended periods of time is now possible with the hyperboosted stayputnik engine. Now, time to make that number 60.

Exqueeze me? Video/screenshot please?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.