(Stock Electric Propeller Vehicle Showcase): Bringing power to the people!

CMfcdTC.png

oBhxMB8.png

Who said that only aircraft can be SAS-Powered? This is my newest invention, an SAS powered boat! It hope it revolutionizes stock boats due to the high power and relatively light weight (due to having no fuel) of this propulsion system. This could especially be useful in larger boats, as in order for such a boat to have significant range, it has to carry a lot of fuel, and although in small ones inline engines are powerful enough, for larger ones jet engines may be very complex to use.

18 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

CMfcdTC.png

oBhxMB8.png

Who said that only aircraft can be SAS-Powered? This is my newest invention, an SAS powered boat! It hope it revolutionizes stock boats due to the high power and relatively light weight (due to having no fuel) of this propulsion system. This could especially be useful in larger boats, as in order for such a boat to have significant range, it has to carry a lot of fuel, and although in small ones inline engines are powerful enough, for larger ones jet engines may be very complex to use.

I've been working on a hovercraft-esque ship for a while already, here's some pics. I decided to go with an above water engine for maximal RPM.

l6QNfzq.png

Yes, this is, in fact, the same ship as the one in the opening post.

Edited by The Optimist

32 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Yes, congratulations Optimist!

Here's my Eve/Laythe amphibious, I'm thinking of using this little one to circumnavigate Eve.

KqJfTKe.png

Ohw that sea? I figured an alien planet needs an alien sea.

Cool ship, but does it also have a built-in tiki bar and karaoke station? :P

On 8/9/2016 at 10:33 AM, mrmcp1 said:

Sorry to double post but I have now managed to build a electric counter rotating prop plane

MSkmanV.png

Its still slow (40m/s in a dive) but can actually be flown without SAS and after 15 minutes of flight time didn't disintegrate 

inznAnC.png

I even made it to the island airfield 

I have always felt that not disintegrating was a good thing. You should put it in your sales literature. "Guaranteed not to disintegrate 60% of the time, or your money back."

Hmm... Maybe I should too..."totters off to the editors"

18 hours ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

I have always felt that not disintegrating was a good thing. You should put it in your sales literature. "Guaranteed not to disintegrate 60% of the time, or your money back."

Hmm... Maybe I should too..."totters off to the editors"

Not disintegrating is always a bonus

Cool designs, but does anyone know of a very compact bearing (with rotor) that i can use for some WW2 styled replicas im now messing with (yeah even i take a break from sci-fi sometimes).  Jet engines on the front with thrust reverser arent very "authentic".

My ideal bearing would be something the size of a FLT-200 fuel tank at most (so i can fit it on the front of a plane), but a hair longer (MK-1 LF tank length is ok if that counts the spinner and prop length) is ok, just not wider and nothing sticking out of it besides the prop.  Possible or am i dreaming?

Edited by panzer1b

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.