(Stock Electric Propeller Vehicle Showcase): Bringing power to the people!

4 hours ago, TedwinKnockman66 said:

How to make engine spinning and controling plane in one time?

Correct me if I'm wrong, these aren't my craft, but I would 

1 - enable brakes

2 - stage

3 - change focus to motor(s) using "[" or "]"

4 - do the alt Q or W thing

5 - change focus back to main craft and release brakes and enable SAS maybe.

So now the motors will be powered up and you'll be back in control of the plane. 

If you're building, remember each separate structure is going to need a probe core thing and electrical power.

Edited by klond

8 hours ago, klond said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, these aren't my craft, but I would 

1 - enable brakes

2 - stage

3 - change focus to motor(s) using "[" or "]"

4 - do the alt Q or W thing

5 - change focus back to main craft and release brakes and enable SAS maybe.

So now the motors will be powered up and you'll be back in control of the plane. 

If you're building, remember each separate structure is going to need a probe core thing and electrical power.

I did same but it's not work, Engine just stop.

Edited by TedwinKnockman66

On 8/7/2016 at 10:03 AM, Valtam42 said:

I have only been playing for a couple months, so I haven't reached this level of design yet.  I downloaded the SAS 2.  Took it apart.. Took it out for a flight.  I'm convinced.

It's powered by magic.

I would really love to see a step by step on how you build something like this.  I know that there are a lot of parts over top of each other. How do you get them all to stick together?

Dude I've been playing for year's and not to toot my own horn but I can make unnecessarily complicated multiple stage to orbit planes like it's my job; and I have yet to reach this level of design.

We need even more speed!

gtfhI4U.jpg

And here's a low altitude version: (slightly modified to get more speed)

j8I70ei.jpg

Yes I know they look horrible but, but.. the speed!

Oh and here's a boat-rover that I'm using to circumnavigate Eve and Kerbin:

l8tervV.jpg

WsDjUwF.jpg

This is something I have never done in ksp. I have been looking up tutorials for this but have not found any that are uptodate. Can anyone point me in the right direction I have a Fokker dr1 that flys great with the smallest jet engine but I want to mess around and make it fly with a propeller. I understand how to get it to fly my problem comes with the propeller flying out and away from the craft.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I am struck down with manflu and probably going to die. But waiting for the one who speaks in capitals got boring, so I searched the forum for something to do when I stumbled upon this thread.

A few hours later this is my first functioning prototype, the PP-5c "Whirlwind":

pbXM5qF.png

The engine is divided in 2 parts. One in front of the cockpit, one aft and powered by 7 RTGs. I used the Stayputnik bearing design. Propeller pitch is adjustable for takeoff and flight.

56m/s in level flight (hey, 200kp/h isn´t that bad), steering is pretty sluggish and how you guys get more performance out of your magnificent flying machines is an absolute mystery to me... yet.    :wink: 

Edited by KerrMü

Hello all, Im RuFLaSH from TerraNova Tech. Im new to KSP (about a month) and love the engineering aspect of it! I was looking for a way to make rotors and found S. Manly's vid on 'the 1st stock copter' and new what to do.

With my love for electronics I got to work on replicating the bearing design and made a very robust wheels design that can take alot of punishment!

Not big into mods in my career (but use KER tho), but was keen on playing around with IR.

And low and behold, the washer!!!

R&D jumped right on it and whiped up a stunning (imo) prototype.

I present to you the first look at my test drone; The 'Sunflower'

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s97.photobucket.com/user/PaPa_RaSTa/embed/slideshow/KSP"></iframe>

Made a demo vid the shows how stable it is:

This is just a quick intro for TerraNova Tech. I plan on using this motor on a veriaty of crafts. Also experimenting on using it as hubs (atm for wheels).

Thanks. :)

Hi, I noticed that no-one seems to use the large SAS modules for propeller engines, or at least I haven't found any. You would think that they're more powerful than the small ones. I got my plane up to 99.7 m/s (I'll make 100 one day!), without excessive part clipping. It looks horrible, but I found that it's surprisingly stable, more so than my previous ones using the small reaction wheels.

Oh, I guess that works too. I mostly just wanted to break my personal speed record, so I just looked at the speed. I'll try F12 next time.

And yes, there is a double Stayputnik in each of the two fuselage pieces. It's mostly because there is no round fuselage of this size, but it also seems to have low friction. The engine is almost completely vibration free, something I never quite got the hang of using small reaction wheels inside the fuselage. I also noticed that it's very easy to add or remove SAS units, which increases its power output. When I get the time, I'll try and see how many I can stick on there without it being too heavy. It still took off quite easily with the current weight.

Just wondering, how many parts do other people's propeller engines have? My plane has just over a hundred altogether, and it made my game stutter every few seconds.

Edited by WesleyWestland

Hey guys!

So I saw a few videos a while ago about electric propellers, and have been trying to make one ever since, but to no avail. Here is my current prototype.

If someone could try and mess around with it a little I would appreciate it a lot :)

ffX3j1n.png

it uses a combination stayputnik and thermometer hinge for the propeller, with a custom housing that i put together :)

AA12f4C.png

it has a sad top speed of 20 m/s, and no matter what i do i can't get it to go any faster! :(

please help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qt82nzrkooes5p/ahdunno more propellers.craft?dl=0

btw it also has a cargo bay and a bomb just because i wanted it to

(press 1 for the cargo bay, 2 for the bomb)

Edited by Spacepigu
fixed image

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.