The Optimist

(Stock Electric Propeller Vehicle Showcase): Bringing power to the people!

Recommended Posts

5yoT0gP.png This one is pretty nimble, 45m/s top speed and instant takeoff.

scJ8QIX.png The passanger plane, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BW4WbDk.png

Got an explorer that worked ok on kerbin. made a few tweaks and sent it to jool

MHor1D6.png

Notice any issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

BW4WbDk.png

Got an explorer that worked ok on kerbin. made a few tweaks and sent it to jool

MHor1D6.png

Notice any issues?

The nose with docking port is spinning! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CMfcdTC.png

oBhxMB8.png

Who said that only aircraft can be SAS-Powered? This is my newest invention, an SAS powered boat! It hope it revolutionizes stock boats due to the high power and relatively light weight (due to having no fuel) of this propulsion system. This could especially be useful in larger boats, as in order for such a boat to have significant range, it has to carry a lot of fuel, and although in small ones inline engines are powerful enough, for larger ones jet engines may be very complex to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a sneak peek at a heavier passenger plane. So far, it's working really well, though not particularly good looking. Expect a release soon. 

  aO0wwXf.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I remember the relatively small youtuber Inter's Oddysey made a stock electric prop plane recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

CMfcdTC.png

oBhxMB8.png

Who said that only aircraft can be SAS-Powered? This is my newest invention, an SAS powered boat! It hope it revolutionizes stock boats due to the high power and relatively light weight (due to having no fuel) of this propulsion system. This could especially be useful in larger boats, as in order for such a boat to have significant range, it has to carry a lot of fuel, and although in small ones inline engines are powerful enough, for larger ones jet engines may be very complex to use.

I've been working on a hovercraft-esque ship for a while already, here's some pics. I decided to go with an above water engine for maximal RPM.

l6QNfzq.png

Yes, this is, in fact, the same ship as the one in the opening post.

Edited by The Optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, congratulations Optimist!

Here's my Eve/Laythe amphibious, I'm thinking of using this little one to circumnavigate Eve.

KqJfTKe.png

 

Ohw that sea? I figured an alien planet needs an alien sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Yes, congratulations Optimist!

Here's my Eve/Laythe amphibious, I'm thinking of using this little one to circumnavigate Eve.

KqJfTKe.png

 

Ohw that sea? I figured an alien planet needs an alien sea.

Cool ship, but does it also have a built-in tiki bar and karaoke station? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

Cool ship, but does it also have a built-in tiki bar and karaoke station? :P

A few scale models inside the crew cabin so they can dream about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, guys? I'm getting a really weird glitch. Two of the planes seem to spawn right on top of each other, one always touching the floor.

0OuZzza.png

EDIT: Glitch seems to have something to do with the presence of launch clamps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

That bearing looks kinda familiar >:)

Yea, um, I may have looked at one of yours and, well, you know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

Yea, um, I may have looked at one of yours and, well, you know.

 

I was like you, once upon a time... And I still am :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2016 at 10:33 AM, mrmcp1 said:

Sorry to double post but I have now managed to build a electric counter rotating prop plane

MSkmanV.png

Its still slow (40m/s in a dive) but can actually be flown without SAS and after 15 minutes of flight time didn't disintegrate 

inznAnC.png

I even made it to the island airfield 

I have always felt that not disintegrating was a good thing. You should put it in your sales literature. "Guaranteed not to disintegrate 60% of the time, or your money back."

Hmm... Maybe I should too..."totters off to the editors"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

I have always felt that not disintegrating was a good thing. You should put it in your sales literature. "Guaranteed not to disintegrate 60% of the time, or your money back."

Hmm... Maybe I should too..."totters off to the editors"

Not disintegrating is always a bonus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.9.2016 at 3:47 PM, david50517 said:

I Need more speed

BT264ci.png

Can i download this anywhere?

Because this speed is impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool designs, but does anyone know of a very compact bearing (with rotor) that i can use for some WW2 styled replicas im now messing with (yeah even i take a break from sci-fi sometimes).  Jet engines on the front with thrust reverser arent very "authentic".

 

My ideal bearing would be something the size of a FLT-200 fuel tank at most (so i can fit it on the front of a plane), but a hair longer (MK-1 LF tank length is ok if that counts the spinner and prop length) is ok, just not wider and nothing sticking out of it besides the prop.  Possible or am i dreaming?

Edited by panzer1b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.