Your first screenshot

The_Rocketeer

1 hour ago, moogoob said:

6JoATa2.png

A Mammoth plus two S3-14400 with just a Stayputnik at guidance?!

xTXyqHI.jpg

THIS IS AWESOME!

Edited by XB-70A
Have just remarked a part of the screenshot could have been bad for minors, had to crop it...

1 minute ago, XB-70A said:

A Mammoth plus two S3-14400 with just a Stayputnik at guidance?!

THIS IS AWESOME!

Ha! If you recall, the Stayputnik had reaction wheels then, and the Mammoth didn't get a name until 1.0 :D

4 minutes ago, moogoob said:

Ha! If you recall, the Stayputnik had reaction wheels then, and the Mammoth didn't get a name until 1.0 :D

Ughhh, it's hard now that you ask about... I start under 0.90 at the beginning of May 2015 then quickly stop due to a new job then restart only under 1.0.2. I missed nearly everything, including the Great Kerbal Leap Forward of 1.0 :( .

2 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Ughhh, it's hard now that you ask about... I start under 0.90 at the beginning of May 2015 then quickly stop due to a new job then restart only under 1.0.2. I missed nearly everything, including the Great Kerbal Leap Forward of 1.0 :( .

Didn't mean to be disparaging. :) Just reveling in the nostalgia myself and reminding myself about how far this game has come. For example, the unshielded 1x6 and 2x3 solar panels used to be retractable.

2 minutes ago, moogoob said:

Didn't mean to be disparaging. :) Just reveling in the nostalgia myself and reminding myself about how far this game has come. For example, the unshielded 1x6 and 2x3 solar panels used to be retractable.

And you weren't, I tend to like self-criticism to remember "Dang! You missed that too!".

Like a bunch of others it looks like I deleted all my really old installs... and like others the first shot I can find isn't anything spectacular either :P

28298720534_18a819afe6_b.jpg

First shot of anything substantial ( don't ask why this seemed a good idea... )

28631355810_5aabfc88cb_b.jpg

and first shot of anything interesting:

28840801221_341eab12b3_b.jpg

While I had a habit of pressing f1 without really knowing what it did, just tapping through all the function keys, the first screenshot that I know that I wanted to take is this:

7v9RBVBJm.png

It is my first successful mun landing, which needless to say, did not remain successful for long.  It was not thought through at all and immediately after taking this I realized that I didn't have enough fuel to go home because I never connected fuel lines to the outside tanks, not to mention it lacked a parachute and decoupler :blush:.  I don't think I ever got them home. . .

I guess I was really proud of myself for finally landing something on the Mun.  For that matter landing something on somewhere that wasn't Kerbin.

6ABEDC008A5C97EBB6F35AE0186C10B95B33A32F

Note how good I did with those fuel margins :)  Please ignore that like many before me, this was totally about my 10th try of landing something on the Mun.  And in my early stubbornness I simply refused going back to the VAB and fixing the darn thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on TotM!

I have no idea what my first screenshot ever was. I tend to delete them. The oldest one on my web server though appears to be this one, showing off a realistic starfield for the then Universe Replacer, which is now Texture Replacer if it's even a thing still.

It's from July 2013, so it's from about a month after I started playing.

orion_taurus.png

This isn't my actual first, because my actual first was tapping random keys to figure out what they did. My first screenshot that wasn't mashing my keyboard was this:

R4ZQyJ9.jpg

When i got the game (May of 2015 i think), i immediately became obsessed with spaceplanes and space stations. Forget the planets, i wanted a big grand station and spaceplane system. Then i realized what partcount was and got sad because 30 parts lagged my crap computer at the time.

This is the first one I took... I had just understood how to make good rovers, and I wanted to post it on the forums here.   So I created an account both here and Imgur, and posted !

One is a Opportunity rover look-alike (which was destroyed when they changed the small control surfaces in 0.24 or 0.25, not sure).  The other is the "Lunar One" a Heavy Rover both automated or controlled via a command seat.  I had drove the Opportunity to the Lunar and took a picture of them both together.  I've loved roving ever since (please fix the wheels soon Squad, thanks !)

0lf7zYY.png

I remember it taking me at least 12 hours to get the hang of landing on the moon to deliver them there, let alone understanding how to make the ship itself. 

In my KSP universe, probes got to the Mün first... On December 22, 2013. ( Had been playing since Early-November... I think.  It's around there. )

EDIT: I have an older picture from November 2nd 2013, but it's just a set of landing gear on the Arctic continent of Kerbin , I probably did that by mistake so it did not count, lol

Edited by Francois424

7 hours ago, Kerbin vonKerbal said:

Excuse the awful quality, but back on 7May2015 I managed to compile a trash can of parts together with no regard to efficiency or aerodynamics and escape the Kerbin neighborhood. I was thrilled with myself and felt like a genius. Here's the vessel that took me there.

[SNEP]

Dear lamps, did you take a picture of your screen with a phone?

Welp, if we're tossing up our first intentional screenshots, then I think that'd be this thing here from August 4th 2013, instead of that barely visible thing I posted upthread:

bevEmjR.png

'Looks like I thought the sunrise was cool.  Disturbingly, that ship seems like it intentionally ditches a nuke.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.