1 minute ago, cubinator said:

"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." -Randall Munroe

That was deep.

Thanks Randall! I'll be sure to correct the kindergarten classes now.

"Ban EVERYONE!" Me on the Tachyon (a game) IRC chat

Here's the IRC chat, (I'm RaumKuchen, jrb0001 is a admin, (I think)):

[23:57] == RaumKuchen has joined #TachyonGame
[23:57] <HONK> hoi
[23:57] <RaumKuchen> HONK
[23:57] <HONK> !HONK
[23:57] <HONK> ban him
[23:57] <HONK> he's honking
[23:57] <jrb0001> ban yourself
[23:57] <RaumKuchen> HONK
[23:57] <HONK> noooo
[23:57] <RaumKuchen> I have a compromise
[23:58] <RaumKuchen> Ban EVERYONE!
[23:58] <HONK> kek
[23:58] <HONK> kok*
[23:58] <RaumKuchen> LITERALLY everyone :D
[23:58] <HONK> even bot?
[23:58] <HONK> and jerb?
[23:58] <RaumKuchen> yep
[23:58] <HONK> and lexus?
[23:58] <HONK> lexi*
[23:59] <RaumKuchen> "Ban EVERYONE!" RaumKuchen 8/7/2016

BTW that Kerbal emoji wasn't in the IRC chat, it just did that from the plain-text emoji I posted.

Edited by CAKE99

English is the result of Norman men at arms trying to get dates with Saxon barmaids and is as legitimate as any other outcome of that activity. - H. Beam Piper

English doesn't borrow from other languages.  It forces them into a dark alley and goes through their pockets. - Unknown

America and England - two cultures separated by a common language. - Attributed to Churchill, or maybe Mark Twain... I've seen both

I'm not the world's most masculine man, but I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man, and so is Lola - Ray Davies, The Kinks, Lola

On 8/6/2016 at 9:12 PM, cubinator said:

"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." -Randall Munroe

Also, here's my own variation of the quote:

"Shoot for the Moon. If you reach the stars, you were going too damn fast!"

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." 
- Robert A. Heinlein

On 8/7/2016 at 0:18 AM, kiwi1960 said:

(A civil war General at the height of battle.... Stands up, raises his sword... and says.....)

"Attack, my soldiers... they couldn't hit the side of a b........."

"What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance…"
-  US general John Sedgwick's last words before being killed by a sniper.

My own personal favorite->

"To the strongest!" - Alexander the Great

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers

"Failure is not an option"- Eugene "Gene" Kranz

"Invention, my dear friends is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% Butterscotch Ripple"- Gene Wilder from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission"- Geddy Lee 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.