20 hours ago, Jeb1969 said:

"Failure is not an option"- Eugene "Gene" Kranz

I raise you one Adam Savage. 

"Failure is always an option" - Adam Savage, on MythBusters

Unrelated to the above:

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaace Asimov

• 2 weeks later...
On 5-8-2016 at 11:18 AM, 5thHorseman said:

"Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man a fish, he'll complain about the quality of his free fish."

On 13-8-2016 at 4:58 PM, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give two men a fish and one will kill the other for the fish. ~unknown

"Give a man fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

"Science does not suffer fools. But it can make fools suffer." (Richard Hammond, The Science of Stupid)

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

Edited by Tex_NL

10 hours ago, BrennanMonster said:

-Marie Curie, who died as a result of radiation exposure while trying to understand radioactivity.

That sounds like she fell over a lump of Radium. She died age 66 of transformations in the bone marrow (too lazy to look up the english expression), probably due to long radiation exposure. But i like the phrase.

"Nunc est bibendum !" (Now is the time to drink)

-Horace

also: Jeb, just before splashdown ...

Edited by Green Baron

"Even when trapped by the cycle of karma, The dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the infinite universe stands in our way, the seething of our blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space to grab hold of our own path!"

On 8/17/2016 at 3:05 PM, Jeb1969 said:

"Failure is not an option"- Eugene "Gene" Kranz

"Invention, my dear friends is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% Butterscotch Ripple"- Gene Wilder from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission"- Geddy Lee 

Liked for the quote from "Mission", but that's a Neil Peart quote, since he wrote the lyrics, or better yet, just attribute it to Rush in general.

The Gene Wilder quote is good, too.

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Lt. Ellen Ripley, Aliens

Edited by MaxxQ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.