"HEIL METRIC FOR DER FURHER'S PANER BLITZKRIEG"
Andem on the KSO Discord

"Even ISIS uses Metric"
Andem on the KSO Discord

"LOCKHEED MARTIN IS SWINE FOR USING IMPERIAL"
Andem on the KSO Discord

"BURN LOCKHEED MARTIN"
Me on the KSO Discord

These quotes are from when me, @Andem and @njmksr got into what @njmksr describes as a "Imperial vs Metric Flamewar" with me and Andem on the side of Metric, and njmksr on the side of Imperial.

2 minutes ago, CAKE99 said:

"HEIL METRIC FOR DER FURHER'S PANER BLITZKRIEG"
Andem on the KSO Discord

"Even ISIS uses Metric"
Andem on the KSO Discord

"LOCKHEED MARTIN IS SWINE FOR USING IMPERIAL"
Andem on the KSO Discord

"BURN LOCKHEED MARTIN"
Me on the KSO Discord

These quotes are from when me, @Andem and @njmksr got into what @njmksr describes as a "Imperial vs Metric Flamewar" with me and Andem on the side of Metric, and njmksr on the side of Imperial.

I wasn't fully supporting Imperial, it's just too hard to tell Americans to do something when the whole world is already doing it.

Source(s): am American

Plus, that's around 321 million people who'd have to relearn how to use a ruler. Better that we just teach both in schools.

Edited by njmksr

Why am I here? Oh yeah. Quotes. Hmm...

"THIS IS A QUOTE!" -Me 

"THIS IS ANOTHER QUOTE!" -Also me 

"This is a secret quote that nobody will ever find! =D" -me

"DRES!" -me 

"Ok... That failed... Horribly..." -me playing Minecraft trying to use creepers for mining 

"WHY AM I PUTTING SO MANY COMPLETELY RANDOM QUOTES HERE?!?" -me again 

"Why didn't that work?" -me when I was playing ksp and realized that the thrust was still set to zero 

"Why do we have an asteroid on the front door?" -Bob Kerman 

"Why am I here? Oh yeah. Quotes." -me 

"What's the worst thing that can come out of a pressure cooker? Science." -Randall Munroe, What If? xkcd #40 

"Stuff 'n' things." -One of my friends

Edited by max_creative
There are ELEVEN quotes here. NOT ten!

"One of the explorers is back in the town, but the other one... Well, the other one is still in the fog..." Me in the Kerbin NationStates Discord communicating about a missing kerbal who went into toxic fog to see what was going on by the number station radio tower that had a red blinks light he saw in the fog. 

My nation has an area kinda like silent hill. I have issues. :D

8 hours ago, Pine said:

"One of the explorers is back in the town, but the other one... Well, the other one is still in the fog..." Me in the Kerbin NationStates Discord communicating about a missing kerbal who went into toxic fog to see what was going on by the number station radio tower that had a red blinks light he saw in the fog. 

My nation has an area kinda like silent hill. I have issues. :D

And the highly feared by the citizens: Pinian Reaper Birds!

Edited by CAKE99

• 2 weeks later...

Being special is not special, being "not" special, and being the regulair Homo Sapien, is special. - NSEP 2016

If you believe life 500 years ago was horrible, people from 500 years in the future will think the same thing about your life - NSEP 2016

Bullying will never stop, maybe in your own life, but not in general, it is a part of human behaviour. Saying bullying needs to stop is like saying anger needs to stop. - NSEP 2015-16

Humans are too sensitive in the time im living in. I can get ruined by idiots for dropping a plastic wrapper on the ground. Don't go full on stupid when someone litters. - NSEP 2016

Equality is getting better and better, but the minorities are starting to be more like majorities with all the positive attention they get, so equality is also dropping at the same time -NSEP 2016

(a lot of these are things I've found in various comment threads around the internet so I don't have names)

There are two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away... Well, apple's aren't that soft; they could probably keep just about anybody away depending on how good your aim is.

Your future self is looking at you right now through your memories...  That's really quite creepy, actually. Especially considering that memories are corrupted over time, so you are essentially living the "true" version of a fable your mind will conjure up sometime, perhaps many times, in the future. It's like an outside observer is constantly watching me through a distorted lens.

To imagine a world without adventure would be detrimental to the human race.

You aren't doing it wrong if nobody knows what you are doing.

Don't do anything you aren't willing to explain to the paramedics.

You found it offensive? I found it funny. That’s why I’m happier than you. - Ricky Gervias

You know how everyone says you only live once? That's not true; you only die once.  You live every day!

After we die, there will come a point in time where only one person remembers you, and unless they speak about you and someone saves that thought, then from then on you will cease to exist.

It ain't about how hard you get hit.  It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.  - Rocky Balboa

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.  - T.S. Eliot

The light at the end of the tunnel could be an oncoming dragon.

Today is a beautiful day to be alive.

Edited by FishInferno

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

"Being weird is normal. Not being weird is not normal. It is not weird because that would make it normal. Not being weird is abnormal." -Me whenever I do something weird.

You build and operate trains in KSP. 'Nuff said.

"I'm normal. Everyone else is weird" - Unknown/Anonymous/EveryNerdEver

On 8/5/2016 at 3:30 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Actually, my quote is a spin on the original, which I did know about :)

Another spin on the original:

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish.... Then he's got to get a fishing license but he doesn't have any money. So he's got to get a job and he has to get into the social security system and pay taxes. And now you're gonna audit the poor guy 'cuz he's not really good with math. They'll pull the IRS van up to your house and take *all* your stuff. They'll take your black velvet Elvis, and your Batman toothbrush and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the one because you were worried about eatin' a.... freakin' FISH!

And you couldn't even cook the fish because you needed a permit for an open flame and then the health department is gonna start askin' you a lot of question about "where are you gonna dump the scales and the guts? This is not a sanitary environment!"

And at the end of the day if you get sick of it all.... it's not even legal to kill yourself" :D

-Doug Stanhope

Shorter and pithier version:

"Build a man a fire and you'll keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire and you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life" - Unknown

HoHoHo,
-Slashy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.