We got any hitchhikers yet? 

"I've got the mother and father of all headaches, and I can feel the pattering of the baby headaches on the way" -Zaford Bebelbrox

"Life. Dont talk to me about life." -Marvin the Paranoid Android

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." The HHGTTG

"DON'T PANIC" -Also the HHGTTG

2 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

We got any hitchhikers yet?

"This planet has—or rather had—a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy."

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Sometimes we win,

Sometimes we learn."

-was adresed to Caster but didn't found this in literature.

"Don't look in the dark, somebody will maybe look back"

-Robert Asprin

Edited by Urses

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Not sure if this would be an exact quote, or just a paraphase from memory, but...

"Never forget your towel"

I belive it is something along the lines of "Your towel is the most important thing to a hitchhiker. You can use it to..." -HHGTTH

4 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

I belive it is something along the lines of "Your towel is the most important thing to a hitchhiker. You can use it to..." -HHGTTH

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels.

"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. Partly it has great practical value—you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble‐sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand‐to‐hand‐combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindbogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you—daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

"More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might have accidentally "lost.". What the strag will think is that any man that can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

"Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." (Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy.)"

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

(Wikiquote is your friend. :wink:)

From up here, the world seems so peaceful
no war
no borders
just you, your ship, and the cold vacuum of space.
And you know that if something goes wrong, you're totally screwed.
But that's just part of the fun.

-Valentina Kerman, in an interview aboard the IFS Stardust, talking about her experiences in space.

I was reading through my Stock Rubik's Cube thread just now and found this statement I made:

"If you thought KSP was just about rockets and planes and rovers, you were wrong. This is what KSP can really do. And my feeling is that I am still far from the limit of the game's possibilities. There may be one, but I am not there yet. In fact, from my experience here I will confidently state that a 4x4 cube is possible. I may not be the one to try to build it, and it would certainly be abominably difficult, but it is certainly not out of the scope of what can be done with the parts provided."

Here is the full post, the above part is in my opinion the most interesting bit.

Doolittle:
Hello, Bomb? Are you with me?

Bomb #20:
Of course.

Doolittle:
Are you willing to entertain a few concepts?

Bomb #20:
I am always receptive to suggestions.

Doolittle:
Fine. Think about this then. How do you know you exist?

Bomb #20:
Well, of course I exist.

Doolittle:
But how do you know you exist?

Bomb #20:
It is intuitively obvious.

Doolittle:
Intuition is no proof. What concrete evidence do you have that you exist?

Bomb #20:
Hmmmm... well... I think, therefore I am.

Doolittle:
That's good. That's very good. But how do you know that anything else exists?

Bomb #20:
My sensory apparatus reveals it to me. This is fun.

Darkstar. Now that's some explosive philosophy.

"people are stupid, the only way for a smart person to be popular is to be dumb, that's why I think that 'popular' things are only popular in the dumb sector, sadly the dumb outnumber us all 700 to one at a rough estimate, so our only hope is to build a super-mega-ultra-animae-style-awesome-super-mega-combo-ultra-plasma ray gun, we can do it people, we have the power"

-StupidAndy

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.