3 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

“I sense a great disturbance in the Force, like millions of geeks crying out in joyous rapture and then falling silent...” - Me, today (Ep 8 release day)

Shush, you, we're not seeing it until Saturday morning.

Turret: "Put me down!"

Me: "Sure thing bucko" [drops turret 300 feet down through portal]

I'm working on ABH, so far I've gone from "bad" to "mediocre" in the past few days. I should be able to shave off a minute or two with it, maybe get sub 20. It's probably also time to get a new mouse, my current one is a dinosaur and is getting a little shaky.

Edited by cubinator

• 3 weeks later...

Bruce Lee was, amongst many things, a quoting machine, he was fricken' Yoda:

“If you truly love life, don’t waste time because time is what life is made of.”

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

“As you think, so shall you become”

“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is specifically your own”

“It is not a shame to be knocked down by other people. The important thing is to ask when you’re being knocked down, ‘Why am I being knocked down?’ If a person can reflect in this way, then there is hope for this person.”

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

38 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Isn't that Fritz Perls "Gestalttherapie" ? Now who was first ? Or the same thought came upon different people. Probably many have had this before :-)

Edited by Green Baron

59 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Isn't that Fritz Perls "Gestalttherapie" ? Now who was first ? Or the same thought came upon different people. Probably many have had this before :-)

Quick google says that Bruce was likely quoting Fritz, although it is often misattributed as we just found, makes sense as he was big into philosophy.

However I once said a good way of thinking is "Everything in moderation, including moderation itself." which turned out to be "Petronius' paradox" and also widely attributed to Oscar Wilde, so it can happen :)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.