Top Gun AI Revamped

3 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

are there any standard ai setings that you want us to set? or are there no standards for ai settings?

Altitude set to default. 

ALSO PROBE CORES ARE NOT BANNED!!!!!

Edited by Alphasus

Round 13-Swift B9 vs UF-8

-4545 m

-3233 m

-4818 m

-6996 m

-8678 m

Round 14- A dorito vs UF-8

-4720 m

-4256 m

-7995 m

-6687 m

-5261 m

Spoiler

Supreme Champion:UF-8-Alphasus

Worthy Adversary:A dorito-drtricky

Maybe Next Time:Swift B9-gag09

4th place:F-18 Viper-Keudn

5th place tie:Raptor 2-Combatsmithen
CANUKWorks DF-54 Basilides-DrDavinci

7th place tie:UF-7-Alphasus
AVRO Stealth-GDJ

Edited by Alphasus

And now, let the Standard 2 vs. 2 AlphaTourney 4 BEGIN(as in submissions)!

Rules

-No mods. (Except for BDarmory)

-Fights are 2v2(of the same plane, so 2 of plane A and 2 of plane B)

-Fights are best of 3, finals are Bo5

-The last flying aircraft wins. If both are destroyed in the sky, the round is considered a draw. If they die within 5 seconds of each other, it's a draw.

-75 parts at most

-400 fuel per J-404

-500 fuel per TurboRamjet

-200 fuel per Wheesley

-100 fuel per Juno

-REACTION WHEELS ARE ALSO NOT ALLOWED.

-All designs must be withing the point limit, which is stated below.

-All turrets MUST be fixed forward

-Max two entries per tournament.

-No clipping fuel tanks or engines. They can be slightly clipped for looks, but not completely inside each other. Structural parts and ammo, guns, gear, etc. Is ok. Wings are OK as long as you're not putting more than half of wing surface area(estimated) inside the plane.

Point System

60 point limit

-AIM-9 - 5 Points

-AIM-120 - 4 Points

-All other missiles - 4 points

-Chaff - 2 Points

-Flares- 3 Points

-Ammo Can - 4 points (all types)

-.50 cal turret - 4 points

-GAU 8 30mm - 14 points

-M230 - 6 points

-Vulcan Hidden - 6 points

-Vulcan Turret - 8 points

-ECM Jammer - 20 points

-Goalkeeper - Banned

-Abrams Cannon - Banned

-M102 - Banned

-Millennium Cannon - Banned

ABL Laser - Banned

Setting up matches

To set up the match, all planes will be VesselMover'd into position, and then the host will quicksave, and start the match.

Already submitted crafts may be modified until the tournament starts on August 30th.

Any AI and Weapons Manager settings can be changed(but altitude settings must be default).

Edited by Alphasus

23 minutes ago, drtricky said:

Aww, my plane blew itself up using its own missiles 3 consecutive times. Damn you lady luck. ;.;

I honestly don't know what happened there... Maybe it pulled a turn that was too tight.

2 hours ago, Alphasus said:

I honestly don't know what happened there... Maybe it pulled a turn that was too tight.

I personally think it may have also been the physics screwing up and computing a collision by accident, considering that some wing pieces are clipped into one another. I did experience this on another plane of mine that had bomb-bay mounted goalkeepers that were clipped into the bomb bay. The versions without goalkeepers have never exploded on me before for comparison.

Also, congrats on winning! :cool:

Edited by drtricky

8 hours ago, drtricky said:

I personally think it may have also been the physics screwing up and computing a collision by accident, considering that some wing pieces are clipped into one another. I did experience this on another plane of mine that had bomb-bay mounted goalkeepers that were clipped into the bomb bay. The versions without goalkeepers have never exploded on me before for comparison.

Also, congrats on winning! :cool:

I noticed that it happens a lot on clipped planes, as the Raptor 2 did that as well.  

Thatnks for the congrats, but I didn't deserve that win. I got lucky with my competition mode rollls(random mind you), and I think the Dorito has trouble sub 5 km.

4 hours ago, Alphasus said:

I noticed that it happens a lot on clipped planes, as the Raptor 2 did that as well.  

Thatnks for the congrats, but I didn't deserve that win. I got lucky with my competition mode rollls(random mind you), and I think the Dorito has trouble sub 5 km.

I Didn't clip anything on the Raptor 2 lol. I mainly lost due to takeoff issues. Which didn't happen when I tested it but oh well

28 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

I Didn't clip anything on the Raptor 2 lol. I mainly lost due to takeoff issues. Which didn't happen when I tested it but oh well

No, the missile fins were a bit clipped into the cargo bay. I did do personal testing as well, and all planes could easily self destruct by pulling sharp turns toward missiles that they released.

48 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Can you extend the deadline a day or 2 because im on vacation right now with no way to work on my plane or even send it in. Blame my parents. not me.

Spontaneous vacation FTW

You have until September 1st.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.