Since people want to know.

RayneCloud

Harv might get mad at me for this, but trust in the dev team guys. We are still in testing for experimentals, and so far around 40 bugs have been found and fixed. 0.16 Is just around the corner, so be patient and know that the dev team is trying to make the game the best game they can for you. No there is not a release date, so don\'t ask, :)

It\'s too bad there wasn\'t an earlier release. I could have made a Mun Walk cinematic on the 43rd anniversary of Apollo 11\'s Moon Walk, but that\'s ok. Maybe next year.

Better to have a good release later than a crummy one earlier.

We all remember 14.2 and how persistence wouldn\'t work with it...

Ah, excellent.. I\'ll just polish up my spacebar for some gratuitous Kerbal-killing staging maneuvers ...

And I\'ll probably be one of the first to test the Kerbals\' EVA limit of survivability... :P

It\'s too bad there wasn\'t an earlier release. I could have made a Mun Walk cinematic on the 43rd anniversary of Apollo 11\'s Moon Walk, but that\'s ok. Maybe next year.

You can do it on the date Apollo11 left the lunar surface... if it\'s ready.

Thanks, Damion. I know the problems associated with transparent development usually outweigh the returns; it\'s nice to see that dealt with in a positive rather than a negative way. So thanks for the update; we\'re all rooting for the best possible development process you all can experience.

Surely he can\'t get angry that you\'re allaying our fears. I mean, some bugs I like, others I don\'t, and it\'s great to see a dev team so focused on what we 'customers' want. Please extend my (and all of our) thanks and congratulations on this brilliant game to the other members.

Well, as of now, it\'s still 2 days, 13 hours, and about 20 minutes to the 43rd anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moonwalk.

I haven\'t been around for a major upgrade. Will it be a problem that I moved the game to another folder after installation so that Program Files would stop messing with my screenshots and saved ships?

I haven\'t been around for a major upgrade. Will it be a problem that I moved the game to another folder after installation so that Program Files would stop messing with my screenshots and saved ships?

Since they\'ve completely reworked the patcher you\'ll have to re-download the game anyway so it shouldn\'t be an issue so long as you don\'t install it ontop of the old install.

Since they\'ve completely reworked the patcher you\'ll have to re-download the game anyway so it shouldn\'t be an issue so long as you don\'t install it ontop of the old install.

I always re-download every massive update anyway, for preservation purposes.

Thank you. But while I\'ve been using computers for years, I\'m still pretty new to using internet at home. How do I NOT install it on top of the previous version? Specify a new directory through a browse option?

Either create a new folder and install there (if you want to keep previous install), or just delete the old install and extract the latest version. What you don\'t want to do is extract the new version into the previous version without deleting it first. You can end up with old, orphaned files from older version that may cause weird behavior.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Thank you. But while I\'ve been using computers for years, I\'m still pretty new to using internet at home. How do I NOT install it on top of the previous version? Specify a new directory through a browse option?

Well for me I have a simple setup:

Kerbal Space Program Folders > KSP 0.##.# > (zip file is put in and extracted here) KSP_win > (All that good stuff)

Thank you. (I guess I didn\'t need to tell you I\'ve been using computers for years, what with me still refering to them as 'directories' instead of folders. In my day, all we had was directories, and we liked it that way! :D)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.