Something Stoopid

Tweeker

I've been messing around with smaller lander, and eventually this got winnowed down to a ion powered external command seat.  With about 7500 m/s of Delta v. I flew it from LKO to the mun and back including re-entry and landing. This made me wonder what I could get away with re-entering in, and I came up with this:4F18A2AD84CC52E6C7012392D92CEF3EBA28A41D

6647DD07EEC9E728AB7C694DB22DA87AD6F178C5

Ditch the base for final descent

F483B0F1D20BFBE48E340A01E4C0990C92EAF1F0

D89541C06FADD6DCA82DF87B7B51D6723C4855EC

Impressive!  I've had similar designs with a heatshield fail miserably.  I'm thinking the cubic octos I was mounting the chutes on were transmitting heat too directly, cooking the poor kerb.  Good job on yours, though!

I proposed a challenge once to take a Kerbal up and land him on a heat shield, many accomplished the task, but you went to the Mun and back....

Amazing...

Did you see the 200 (Kerbin) year odyssey when someone took a kerbal to all the planets and Moons and then safely back to Kerbin? It bought a tear to my eye that did. :)

Edited by kiwi1960

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.