The Multi Kerbal Challenge!

How to win: You need to earn points and the one with the most points is then obviously in the first place.

What to do: You need to fly kerbals into different situations. For example you have 5 kerbals and you put one onto the ground then you put 2 in low and high kerbin orbit and then you somehow manage to have the other 2 in both the lower and the higher atmosphere with a vtol or a suborbital trajectory. You get 10 points for each kerbal. This is just the base value. It gets multiplied by the scientific multiplicator of the situation. For example: If you have one kerbal in a low Eve orbit you get 10x Points. For another kerbal in the same situation you get 5 points base and for additional kerbals after that just 1 point. You also get another x2 multiplier if your kerbal is in atmosphere. Then the total points of a kerbal who has landed on a celestial body gets multiplied by the gravity(measured in g) of the corresponding planet/moon x10.

Optional tasks:

• If you dont use any mods that show useful information(e.g. Kerbal Engineer Redux, MechJeb2, etc.) then you get 10 extra points
  • You get a x2 multiplier if you do your launch with an ssto(could be a rocket, could be a plane)
  • You get an extra 1000 points if you do the mission only in IVA(except ofc when you park your kerbals on and around a celestial body, then you need to go eva) and if you deposit atleast 5 kerbals outside of the kerbal system

The rules: 

• No cheating
  • 100% stock
  • Everything must be done in 1 launch
  • Size doesen't matter
  • No bugusing/exploits

Please tell me if you find anything thats unbalanced I didn't test this, I jut wrote it down.

I myself don't want to participate in this challenge right now because -funny enough- momentarily I don't play KSP actively :D

Sources: Kerbal Space Station Tracking Station, http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Main_Page

The Leaderboad

1. -

2. -

3. -

Edited by Leslie110501

I don't see what's so special about this, though... I guess you're saying to build an SSTO with five reentry capsules, load a kerbal in each of them, and then send them back to Kerbin? Also, the extra 5000 points in IVA can be easily exploited. What if I just launch a shoddy suborbital rocket or two and do it all in IVA? 5k points for me, give or take a few. See? I'm not an expert on challenges but I'm pretty sure you're off course with this one.

Well, then you have the extra 5k points and sent a few kerbals up to Krbin but others could easily get more by normally sending kerbals to ruther locations and with me tweaking the 5k to 1k :D

On 7.8.2016 at 3:44 AM, DaElite101 said:

I guess you're saying to build an SSTO with five reentry capsules, load a kerbal in each of them, and then send them back to Kerbin?

No, the kerbals NEED to be alone, not in any form of command pod or External Seat. And all the kerbals need to be in their situation at the same time. Thats what makes it more challenging to get more points.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.