dev

kevinlacht

A wonder myself. There are so many people that working on ksp every day, and the game cost only $15. Are the dev really make there money with this?

•Lead Game Developer:

Felipe Falanghe (a.k.a. HarvesteR)

•Programming and WebMaster:

Alejandro Mora

•Programming:

Mike Geelan

Mario Maqueo

Rob Nelson

Marco Salcedo

•Technical Artist:

Chad Jenkins (a.k.a. C7)

•Content Designer:

Jeff C. (a.k.a. NovaSilisko)

Jacobo Rosas

•3D Artist:

Daniel Rosas

•Additional Art:

Iván Vázquez

Juan Carlos Demeneghi

•Executive Producers:

Ezequiel Ayarza

Adrián Goya

A wonder myself. There are so many people that working on ksp every day, and the game cost only $15. Are the dev really make there money with this?

At the moment, the donations and initial $15 fee is just to keep the project afloat while the game is in development. If anything, I expect they\'re probably losing money at the moment. When the game is finally released fully, then they\'ll recoup their losses.

The prognosis is good, after all it\'s a unique game with very little competition (The only \'game\' which comes close is Orbiter, which has a totally different ethos and feel to it) by releasing it in a developing alpha mode they\'re building up a dedicated fanbase, with a strong modding community which will be on hand to promote and advise customers when the full game is released.

I don\'t think that it will be an \'angry-birds\' style mega-hit, it\'s too complicated for that; and I don\'t think it will be a \'Skyrim\' style blockbuster (They don\'t have the advertising budget for that) but I predict it will be a sleeper hit which should make Squad a decent enough amount of money to start working on KSP II :P

I presume Harv gets his monthly pay check from Squad, KSP is an investment made by Squad looking to expand their business.

it\'s a good one to i can see when finished KSP selling aswell as mincraft on the pc. there is nothing like ksp. its got to be the ferst sandbox sim space program game?.

just look at all the stuff the fans come up with, one guy moded a working submarine :o and KSP is still in alpha.

unlick AAA game companies squad can afford to live of pot noodles until then (i guess). the big problem is the game burning out before then.

I presume Harv gets his monthly pay check from Squad, KSP is an investment made by Squad looking to expand their business.

And what about the other devs?

•Lead Game Developer:

Felipe Falanghe (a.k.a. HarvesteR)

•Programming and WebMaster:

Alejandro Mora

•Programming:

Mike Geelan

Mario Maqueo

Rob Nelson

Marco Salcedo

•Technical Artist:

Chad Jenkins (a.k.a. C7)

•Content Designer:

Jeff C. (a.k.a. NovaSilisko)

Jacobo Rosas

•3D Artist:

Daniel Rosas

•Additional Art:

Iván Vázquez

Juan Carlos Demeneghi

•Executive Producers:

Ezequiel Ayarza

Adrián Goya

I don\'t think its any ones business how the devs pay the bills. I certainly wouldn\'t appreciate someone discussing my personal finances on the interweb, weather its conjecture or not. That being said if your worried about their well being I\'m sure they would accept a donation in the amount you feel appropriate.

I don\'t think its any ones business how the devs pay the bills. I certainly wouldn\'t appreciate someone discussing my personal finances on the interweb, weather its conjecture or not. That being said if your worried about their well being I\'m sure they would accept a donation in the amount you feel appropriate.

This 8)

I believe kevinlacht was not intending to pry into anyone\'s personal business, but rather expressing kindly concern for the welfare of the people who are laboring so hard to give us such a delightful product at such a low price. I also hope they are prospering and not having to make sacrifices. :D

I\'m with you, Vanamonde, but on the other hand I also agree with Zmapus. This reminds me of a few Minecraft threads in which people speculated on Notch\'s wealth, eventually leading to a bit of undeserved resentment of his wealth and/or what he was doing with his life and money in general, something completely out of bounds.

Squad was a successful business long before KSP came along. They have the extra profits to put into the development of KSP.

Think about that for a second. How does *any* game get made if they don\'t even have a preview to sell like KSP? Some games take 5+ years to develop and it is sustained without selling anything.

The bottom line here is that this is not something we need to worry about, just like we don\'t worry about the next version of of any AAA title.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

[mod]The questions posed have been answered. To prevent further speculation and the possible starting of false rumors, this thread is being locked.[/mod]

Squad was a successful business long before KSP came along. They have the extra profits to put into the development of KSP.

Think about that for a second. How does *any* game get made if they don\'t even have a preview to sell like KSP? Some games take 5+ years to develop and it is sustained without selling anything.

The bottom line here is that this is not something we need to worry about, just like we don\'t worry about the next version of of any AAA title.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

The questions posed have been answered. To prevent further speculation and the possible starting of false rumors, this thread is being locked.

First: Tnx!

Second: It\'s still not locked.