What would you change if life was a simulation, and open sourced?

The White Guardian

Based off a comment I wrote in this thread:

23 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

That'd actually a pretty good topic for a discussion: what would you edit if life was a simulation and you could edit the source code?

So, the question is, imagine life being a simulation. However, you and only you have discovered how to alter the codes of this simulation. You can only make one change before the simulation detects an intrusion and upgrades it's defense, making any more changes impossible.

Basically, if you could change only one thing in this universe, what would it be? It can be anything.

Also, you do not have to write in coding language.

Edited by The White Guardian

Giving my self admin access of course, and making some backdoors in case I get booted. After ward I will make copies of the code and make sure I have backups. I will be the ruler of multiple universes!

Edited by RainDreamer

You can't fool me, I know how important bees are. And I've never been stung by a bee, only wasps. Bees aren't that bad. Just in case, I'd better invent tiny robotic pollinator drones to save the world from you. :sticktongue:

Edited by cubinator

39 minutes ago, cubinator said:

You can't fool me, I know how important bees are. And I've never been stung by a bee, only wasps. Bees aren't that bad. Just in case, I'd better invent tiny robotic pollinator drones to save the world from you. :sticktongue:

Perhaps he just went like this.

15 minutes ago, SinBad said:

Either gravity, or remove the nutritional content from all grasses, one of the two.

Hrm.  Given the choice (sips his whiskey), I'm going to have to say the grasses (sip) do have their uses.

Reload an older/healthier version of Earth without population and put it into clipboard, rearrange the solar system to safely accommodate a second planet precisely opposite Earth-1, paste Earth-2; delete existing artificial objects, copy relevant infrastructure for modern yet clean cities into good spots, move over people intelligent and civil enough (yes, by my standards); multiply orbital debris around Earth-2 until spaceflight is no longer possible to safely keep the rest in one place of the galaxy.

10 hours ago, SinBad said:

You have to admit, it would be fun to watch.

Yeah, for the first minute or so before the atmosphere starts getting too thin to breathe...

Edited by cubinator
removed large image

My changes? Since my coding skills and knowledge is as good as a Mexicans ability to speak Mandarin, i will try my best to make this authentic-looking.

I would personally remove space junk:

karline = 100km

if debris >karline and size >1cm but <10cm then goto destroy

destroy

debris / 0

Then make Artifexian head of a new worldbuilding alliance:

select ytber Artifexian

goto ttravel

ttravel

allileader = true

qualified = true

timeleap = true

tleapamount = 150

lifexpot = true

happy = true

I'll update this when i think of something else, but this is it for now.

Edited by Candlelight

I'd give myself all the advantages you get from Minecraft's Creative Mode, with the exception that I can still eat and drink, and under very specific circumstances still be able to die. I would also halt my aging. Probably some other stuff too, like shapeshifting or something, but I don't want to make a giant list. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.