Loss of flight controls from joystick setup

I tried to add joystick control inputs for pitch and roll under the main Settings menu and now all my controls are no longer functioning. When I try to load an aircraft or rocket, a warning comes up indicating there are no remote or pilot controls for the vehicle and I can't launch anything. I tried deleting the joystick from the inputs but it did not help. Any idea how to get my controls back and how to properly setup a basic joystick?

Eric

Hello, liquid_magma, and welcome to the forums.  I'll do my best to help you and I'm sure others will add their thoughts as well.

I think you may have two problems. The warning you saw about "no remote or pilot controls" happens when a spacecraft lacks both a pilot (like Jeb or Valentina) and probe core (like a Probodobodyne unit or Remote Guidance Unit). Try adding either of these to your craft and see if that warning goes away.

The other problem seems to be that KSP isn't recognizing your joystick. The main settings screen "input" tab is the right place to configure it. Do your joystick axes show up when you try to assign them to roll/pitch/yaw?  Do joystick buttons (assuming your stick has them) show up when you try to assign them to functions like brakes or SAS?  If not, I'd check to see if your joystick works in any other games. I run KSP on a Mac and therefore don't use any included drivers, but other platforms may need them. Also, I find that my joystick must me plugged in when I start KSP, otherwise it's not recognized.

Good luck and feel free to ask for more help if you're still having problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.