Personally, I would strongly prefer that they not do anything of the sort.  If I wanted to re-enact WWII, I'd go play one of the innumerable games that already do this, or use one of the innumerable KSP mods that do this.

KSP is a spaceflight game, that's its purpose, I suspect that's why most people play it.  Squad is a tiny company with a small handful of devs.  They can't do everything.  Implementing one feature means not implementing another.  There are a hundred other (spaceflight-related) things that would be great, which they don't have time to do... and I'd sooner see them spend time on any of those than go off in a WWII sim direction.

No, I don't really like that idea either, and as the others above have said, that's just out of scope for stock.

There is, I think, a case for a multi purpose propeller or ducted fan engine or two (ideally electric), and a few parts that are aimed towards boats and subs to help with exploring the 'wet bits'.  But nothing like the OP suggests, I think that is best left to mods.

13 hours ago, Snark said:

Personally, I would strongly prefer that they not do anything of the sort.  If I wanted to re-enact WWII, I'd go play one of the innumerable games that already do this, or use one of the innumerable KSP mods that do this.

KSP is a spaceflight game, that's its purpose, I suspect that's why most people play it.  Squad is a tiny company with a small handful of devs.  They can't do everything.  Implementing one feature means not implementing another.  There are a hundred other (spaceflight-related) things that would be great, which they don't have time to do... and I'd sooner see them spend time on any of those than go off in a WWII sim direction.

this, a thousand, million, billion, trillion times this. This is after all: kerbal SPACE program.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, [Stupid name Here] said:

Ok, no-one liked it D;

That may be, but it was still worth you posting the suggestion.

If ideas don't get posted they won't get discussed or debated, so it's always worth bouncing ideas around.  It's sensible to search to see if the topic has already been raised first though, that way you can join in an existing discussion rather than start a new one from scratch. 

The only thing I would like to see added is ducted electric props/fans/whatever they are called. Simply because they are a thing that already works unlike the SABRE/RAPIER engine. I don't hate the RAPIER (it's ugly though), but I yet have to see a functional IRL prototype that produces actual thrust and works in both modes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.