[Subassembly] JRFB (Bearing used on Kinchook Helicopter)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jon144,

I'm working on a rocker-bogie vehicle based on your bearing and it works remarkably well. Before I start a new thread, since I'm relatively new, I'd like to make sure I give proper credit to your talent. So how do you suggest I do that? Just mention your name? Link to this thread? I'd like to share the .craft file once it's more stable, should I make sure the bearings in it are signed or something?

I still have to work with the stability of the joints, but the mechanism works it's incredible. The only problem is I can't control my vehicle and turn the wheels at the same time since they're on separate crafts once the decouplers are staged. I have to use the Wheesley engine with the reverse thrust for braking and use a huge number of gyros for turning. And the wheels ave a very good grip in 1.2 so they don't turn easily.

Anyway, thanks for the bearing, it's amazing.

Here, I'll try sharing a screenshot of my vehicle.

The insert media thing doesn't work with google drive, so I'll paste the link here. I'll open an account on imgur later. I have to go to bed now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6DEaYpYSrKAcFpZVmFvZnRUM28

On 9/27/2016 at 1:40 PM, joseph88 said:

hey guys. I love this design. I tried to download the helicopter and the rotor but it keeps telling me that it is not for the same version of KSP. is there anything anyone can recommend to help?

Uh-oh. Maybe the update discriminates against subassemblies from older versions. Even though nothing about the components it uses has changed.

On 10/3/2016 at 10:58 AM, klond said:

I need dis.  Can I get a link for the latest version?

Don't worry. I will be getting a release ready this week I hope. New features included in this design include asymmetric braking that help this beast turn.

Here in the meantime is a beta download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4z2dvaigbr6c71/Kelaz Evolution (Beta).craft?dl=0

Make sure to send feedback before I do the final release later this week. 

CD74DF82E0F72F4AA859A2AAC1AB453D13BFF4E3

On 10/14/2016 at 8:32 PM, ioresult said:

Hey Jon144,

I'm working on a rocker-bogie vehicle based on your bearing and it works remarkably well. Before I start a new thread, since I'm relatively new, I'd like to make sure I give proper credit to your talent. So how do you suggest I do that? Just mention your name? Link to this thread? I'd like to share the .craft file once it's more stable, should I make sure the bearings in it are signed or something?

I still have to work with the stability of the joints, but the mechanism works it's incredible. The only problem is I can't control my vehicle and turn the wheels at the same time since they're on separate crafts once the decouplers are staged. I have to use the Wheesley engine with the reverse thrust for braking and use a huge number of gyros for turning. And the wheels ave a very good grip in 1.2 so they don't turn easily.

Anyway, thanks for the bearing, it's amazing.

Here, I'll try sharing a screenshot of my vehicle.

The insert media thing doesn't work with google drive, so I'll paste the link here. I'll open an account on imgur later. I have to go to bed now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6DEaYpYSrKAcFpZVmFvZnRUM28

That's pretty cool !

I never imagined using my bearing for bogie wheel suspension like that ! Very creative.

No need to give credit unless you really want to :cool:

Edited by Jon144

• 4 months later...

Thanks for posting this! I was looking for a much stronger hinge for my F-14 and this seems to fit the bill perfectly. I was having problems with the wings slipping out of their cage, and this seems to be much stronger without being too large.

*Edit* With some modifications, the bearing is really strong without struts. Just use three oscar B-s with one half-clipped into the other to fit the length of the I-beams. Then use a structural plate on each end to cap it.

YJxPzLk.png

This setup handles two Fleas at 14% (probably more) thrust without any problems, despite the crazy rev/s this thing was getting.

*Another edit* Struts are necessary if there is a lot of lopsided force, as I found out the hard way.

Edited by Servo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.