Big Boxy Rover Parts

Is there any awesome mod I'm missing that adds large high-speed wheels? Something slightly smaller than the huge stock wheels, ideally. I have a kinda-newfound love for making big manned rovers with lots of features and self-sustainability, but I can see them reaching a point where they start to resemble train carriages rather than offroad vehicles due to the finite size of the ruggedised wheel. I could just use TweakScale, but that won't change the wheel's limited suspension travel. I wanna bounce around like the Mako from Mass Effect (most everyone hated it but I'm a fan).

I'm also after a boxy cabin like the Orca Transport below. Doesn't have to be from a rover mod. The only cockpits I've thus far found that offer good ground visibility are rounded and I just don't like that look when I build big angular monstrosities that can survive kilometre drops (under Mun gravity, anyway; I wouldn't trust anything with wheels on Kerbin or Eve).

Orca_Transport_01.jpg

TS_Orca_Transport_Render.jpg

A boxy rover cab that looks like it should have good visibility

And I can't find it again but there was a mod to make wheels faster/more rugged - I think it was just a MM patch - you might look at tweaking config files if you can find a appropriate wheel.

13 hours ago, Nightside said:

I thought this would be the closest I'd find to what I want. Most of what it does is already covered by other mods I use, besides filling the boxy cockpit critereon... which, dare I say, is actually a bit too big? At least for now I'm aiming at a 2.5m profile; I might use some parts from this, but probably not for rovers. Thanks anyway.

12 hours ago, wasml said:

A boxy rover cab that looks like it should have good visibility

And I can't find it again but there was a mod to make wheels faster/more rugged - I think it was just a MM patch - you might look at tweaking config files if you can find a appropriate wheel.

Ohh nice, I did miss something! I think that's almost exactly what I want. No big wheels but tweakscaling the Grizzly should be sufficient; it has the same suspension design as the stock balloon wheels. Looks like I'll have to do my own config though.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.