[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

@Albert VDS has passed the mod over to me, please consider this the official forum now for the Hullcam VDS Continued mod.  The original thread can be found here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/42739-11hullcam-vds-mod-adopted-by-linuxgamer/

Hullcam VDS - A Mechjeb hullcam fork

Hullcam let's you add different cameras(black and white, grainy tv, nightvision, etc) to any part of your vehicle or construction.

Docking ports have special docking cameras now and you can also see through the eyes of your Kerbals in EVA.

Scroll down for a video demonstration of the new filters.

Controls:

Next camera: - (Minus)

Previous camera: = (Equals)

Exits hullcam view: Backspace

Holding down the modifier key (Alt on Windows) while doing the Next/Previous/Exit will change the control point to the new camera

You can change these keys by editing \Gamedata\HullcameraVDS\Plugin\settings.cfg

To view through the eyes of your Kerbal(s):

1. EVA the Kerbal
  2. Right-click on it
  3. Select "Activate Camera"
  4. Press "Backspace" to deactivate the view.

I suggest doing this in space, as walking around on Kerbin ... well ... the view can be quite dizzying. lol

Also, first person view does work with no problems on a a command chair.

Also, if you right-click and drag while in the view, you can 'look around' a little.

Keep in mind that if you are cycling through all the cameras, then you will cycle through ALL the docking ports in range, not just those on the active vessel.  So if you have a space station with 10 docking ports, you will cycle through all 10.

Please don't forget to delete any previous version before installing the latest one and back up your saved game

Download:  http://spacedock.info/mod/885/HullcamVDS Continued

Source available: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/HullcamVDSContinued

License: GPLv3

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

If you are having a problem, please read this and follow the instructions BEFORE posting a bug report:

Action groups:

Zoom in

Zoom out

Activate Camera

Deactivate Camera

Next Camera

Previous Camera

veRatCO.png?1

Command Pod MK-1 with hullcam on the bottom looking at dropping heatshield.

heatshieldview_zps9aef5607.jpg

Hullcam view of the bottom of a rocket

hullcam1_zps09c20d69.jpg

Videos

Edited by linuxgurugamer

20 minutes ago, MedwedianPresident said:

Does this mod have EVA first person functionality?

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

...and you can also see through the eyes of your Kerbals in EVA.

43 minutes ago, MedwedianPresident said:

How do I do it then?

EVA the Kerbal, then right-click on it ... select "Activate Camera". Press "Backspace" to deactivate the view. I suggest doing this in space, as walking around on Kerbin ... well ... the view can be quite dizzying. lol

Also, if you right-click and drag while in the view, you can 'look around' a little.

Humm... apparently docking cameras aren't working. At least, I can't get mine to work. Everything else looks great though.

Edit:
The BoosterCam seems to have inherited the DockingCam reticle/crosshair, but without any data readout.

Edited by LordFerret
update

48 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Humm... apparently docking cameras aren't working. At least, I can't get mine to work. Everything else looks great though.

Edit:
The BoosterCam seems to have inherited the DockingCam reticle/crosshair, but without any data readout.

Can you be a little more specific?

For example, tell me what you did, and provide a log file.  Naming specific cameras, and what isn't working would also be useful.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

Edit:

You do have the latest ModuleManager installed?

I've noticed the shadows on my ship start flickering when I exit the camera views. I do have a lot of mods installed, so it may be a conflict. Quick saving a then quick loading fixed it and stopped it from happening on that ship. Happens consistently with each ship, so I've just been quick saving/loading when it is on the launch pad. There was nothing referring to any Hullcam parts or out of the ordinary in the log.

Also, could we get some kind of marking on the camera to show which side is the top? For example, the RPM cameras have a line on the top, which makes them much easier to place on the ship. 

EDIT:

Just tried to replicate the flickering on a new installation of KSP, and couldn't. I'll try to find which mod was conflicting and post if I find anything.

Edited by Micro753

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You do have the latest ModuleManager installed?

It seems I managed to not copy over the ModuleManager file. With that now in place, they work fine. :blush:
F1pBpqD.png

Something I have noticed however; When I cycle through the views, which in this case should only be 2 (Docking Port & NavCam), after displaying those 2, continuing cycling takes me through all 24 docking ports on the space station as well. A minor issue.

The mod (I believe) adds the docking camera to ALL docking ports

5 hours ago, howtoodo said:

can you try to fix the glitch where when you go out of the cameras (not the first person Kerbal camera) it snappes to a locked view of the ship and you cant change it. :rolleyes:

Some more information please.  Please remember that since I just took it over, I may not be aware of things like this glitch, so a fuller description would be helpful.

Thanks

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Albert VDS has passed the mod over to me, please consider this the official forum now for the Hullcam VDS Continued mod.

Hullcam VDS - A Mechjeb hullcam fork

Hullcam let's you add different cameras(black and white, grainy tv, nightvision, etc) to any part of your vehicle or construction.

Docking ports have special docking cameras now and you can also see through the eyes of your Kerbals in EVA.

Scroll down for a video demonstration of the new filters.

Controls:

Next camera: - (Minus)

Previous camera: = (Equals)

Exits hullcam view: Backspace

You can change these keys by editting \Gamedata\HullcameraVDS\Plugin\settings.cfg

Please don't forget to delete any previous version before installing the latest one and back up your saved game

Download (for 1.1.3):  http://spacedock.info/mod/885/HullcamVDS Continued

Source available: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/HullcamVDSContinued

License: GPLv3

I'm using KSP 1.1.3, and this mod breaks the game!

Every time I crash when looking through a hull camera, the screen will be completely stuck, and I cannot switch to external view or even use the game menu (revert doesn't work, because the menu becomes broken). I have to restart the game every time... Is there a fix for this problem?

Edited by siliconworm

1 hour ago, siliconworm said:

Every time I crash when looking through a hull camera, the screen will be completely stuck, and I cannot switch to external view or even use the game menu (revert doesn't work, because the menu becomes broken). I have to restart the game every time... Is there a fix for this problem?

How did you install it?  Is the latest module manager installed?

Please provide logs, otherwise I can't help you

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The mod (I believe) adds the docking camera to ALL docking ports

Yes, it does, it did that in previous releases too. Like I said, it's a minor issue, although for those not aware of what's happening it could cause alarm or confusion. Maybe make a note of this in the DockingCam docs, that all ships in cycle proximity (able to be accessed by the '[' and ']' keys) will be subject to this.

Now I'm going to go try and crash a ship like @siliconworm did and see if I get the same result. Does it apply only to jets, or rockets too?

3 hours ago, siliconworm said:

Cant say its happened to me EVERY time, but I have experienced this bug. Installed everything correctly. Mostly the mod works just fine, just a few little glitches like this here and there. Ya learn the bugs and ya learn how best to avoid them. Overall, I'm just glad to have the mod.

Well, I crashed 4 planes and 2 small rockets (using the same Wide Angle Cam)... no program crashes or lockups. As soon as the ships crashed (into buildings), the scene immediately jumped back out to the default view. I was able to press the Esc key and get the menu to move on.

That's enough for me for tonight. Now I need to go back and rebuild all those buildings I decimated.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you install it?  Is the latest module manager installed?

Please provide logs, otherwise I can't help you

Everything's the latest, and the installation was completely clean (no pre-existing files). What logs are you talking about?

17 hours ago, Hands MCML said:

According to the description, " and you can also see through the eyes of your Kerbals in EVA. " How is this accomplished? If there is a Kerbal on EVA, do you just cycle through the same way as you do with cameras on the ship?

It was described a few posts above:

To view through the eyes of your Kerbal(s):

1. EVA the Kerbal
  2. Right-click on it
  3. Select "Activate Camera"
  4. Press "Backspace" to deactivate the view.

I suggest doing this in space, as walking around on Kerbin ... well ... the view can be quite dizzying. lol

17 hours ago, siliconworm said:

Everything's the latest, and the installation was completely clean (no pre-existing files). What logs are you talking about?

Please read this post for what information you need to supply.  This post if from the stock, but the information required is the same:

Edited by linuxgurugamer

nice to see that you have picked up this mod.  thanks.

Is there any chance that you might be able to add an option so that the camera views could be in a window, rather than taking over the active screen.  I had asked albert this a long time ago and i think he just never had time.

anyway, again, great to see you picking this up.

Cheers.