[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Darkuss said:

I don’t know maybe < and >

In the settings.cfg, you need to use the codes described here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/KeyCode.html

Not all of them can be used in KSP and some keys may have unexpected assignments. What works for me is to go into KSP's input settings, chose any control and look at the output when pressing keys.

I just tried this config with HullCam and it places the next/reset/prev buttons on otherwise unused keys on my keyboard:

Spoiler

CAMERA_NEXT
    {
        primary = SysReq
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
    CAMERA_PREV
    {
        primary = Pause 
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
    CAMERA_RESET
    {
        primary = ScrollLock
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }

Edited by HansAcker

1 hour ago, Darkuss said:

didn't work. Greater and Less don't work

Yeah, that's what I meant with "not all of them work" and you'd need to test it in the settings.

It probably depends very much on the keyboard layout because you can only configure (physical) keys, not characters. On my keyboard "<" and ">" are on the same key (which KSP reports as being "^", incidentally), so they wouldn't work, either.

On 8/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, Albert VDS said:
On 8/24/2020 at 3:15 AM, Darkuss said:

I want to change buttons because my throttle is set to + and -

You can actually change the buttons through the settings.cfg in GameData/HullCameraVDS/Plugins/.

On my list of config changes, to have it changeable in a gui rather than a config file

On 8/30/2020 at 9:36 PM, Neil Kermstrong said:

I love this mod so much, I can't play the game without it.

But could you make it so the player can open a window that shows the camera's vision, like vesselview?

Would make landing SRBs/First stages 5x fun

Not that simple to do, sorry.  

If someone were to contribute some code, I'd be happy to polish it up and include it

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not that simple to do, sorry.  

If someone were to contribute some code, I'd be happy to polish it up and include it

It might be possible by creating a 2nd camera object, render it's view to a texture and have that texture displayed on a window.

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

there is another camera mod that does this, but its a little limited.  I cant remember if LGG picked up in the past the original author came back.

It's [1.8.x] Docking Camera KURS Style Re-Adopted (Fixed in 1.9).

I took a look at the code and it does exactly what I suggested above.
That code could be used. Only thing that needs to be done is to set the location of camera object to the hullcam object location.

Edit: Ideally you want just extend that class or you could even merge the 2 mods.

Edited by Albert VDS

On 9/6/2020 at 2:13 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I may take a look at this on my coding stream on Monday evening, but this is low priority for me right now, working on several other mods right now

Would love if you did that, amazing mod.

Btw where do you stream and what is your channel's name?

Nevermind, just found it in 10 seconds by googling.

Edited by Neil Kermstrong

On 9/11/2020 at 2:30 PM, Travelbysakura said:

Is it possible to view the docking port cameras on RPM monitors? I’ve been itching to do that for some time now (to make IVA docking in the MK1-3 pod and other pods easier. 

If you set the docking port as your control point, the "DOCKING" tab on the MFD will show a camera view from the port and overlay lots of useful info on top.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, when typing into a kOS pop up terminal, typing underscore character on linux [RShift][-] triggers the [Alt][-] behavior for Hullcam.  I'm not sure if that is a kOS issue, or a Hullcam issue, but one would not expect chars typed into the popup terminal to affect things outside the terminal.  I'm mention it over on kOS also

Edited by darthgently
more accurate report follows