[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

Uh ok, but how does the programming code actually translate the word written in the config into a key? Is it using some programming language match or something out of KSP?

So after a bit of trial and error, it seems, that the values in the config correspond to the KSP keyboard Layout. So using e.g. a "Ö" will work correctly for a German password. Maybe something to add to the First post?

• 4 weeks later...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApRsS13p52FhmTgtupG64AA7Cw6I?e=tpIZwp

The above is the savegame, craft file, list of mods, and ksp.log for a bug I hit.

The enclosed probe has 4 cameras around it.  I was "looking" thru one, watching the sunrise from orbit, when suddenly I was "popped" back to the external view (First error in the log) then when I used + and - in an attempt to go back to the camera, it no longer worked. I could right-click and "activate camera" but using + had no effect, and using - dumped me back to external view.

I hope I was thorough enough with my zip file above. Thanks for your time @linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, tg626 said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApRsS13p52FhmTgtupG64AA7Cw6I?e=tpIZwp

The above is the savegame, craft file, list of mods, and ksp.log for a bug I hit.

The enclosed probe has 4 cameras around it.  I was "looking" thru one, watching the sunrise from orbit, when suddenly I was "popped" back to the external view (First error in the log) then when I used + and - in an attempt to go back to the camera, it no longer worked. I could right-click and "activate camera" but using + had no effect, and using - dumped me back to external view.

I hope I was thorough enough with my zip file above. Thanks for your time @linuxgurugamer

Player.log, if possible

Hi,
Does MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom use an empty object in the part to place the camera? Like how engine effects use the thrustTransform.
I'm trying to integrate it to the flap & camera pod of my upcoming Starship mod but it faces the wrong way.
Also which axis does it look at?

Also I remember there was a mod that had a visual cone of the FOV when placing it in the VAB but I can't remember what mod it is, does anyone know?

Edited by EritoKaio
clarification

I actually manage to add the camera module to other parts and figured that I can move the position within the part in the config. Is there a way to attach the camera to a transformation or specific piece of the part, so if that piece is movable the camera would move with it? Sort of steering like a surveillance camera?

Trying to put the camera in the following part and have it moveable/turnable with the light: https://github.com/benjee10/HabTech2/blob/master/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Greebles/ht2_cameraMast.cfg

1 hour ago, chris-kerbal said:

I actually manage to add the camera module to other parts and figured that I can move the position within the part in the config. Is there a way to attach the camera to a transformation or specific piece of the part, so if that piece is movable the camera would move with it? Sort of steering like a surveillance camera?

Trying to put the camera in the following part and have it moveable/turnable with the light: https://github.com/benjee10/HabTech2/blob/master/GameData/HabTech2/Parts/Greebles/ht2_cameraMast.cfg

Ok, solutions for 100 please: Just needed to add cameraTransformName matching to the Neptune camera and it works. :-)

1 minute ago, theJesuit said:

Do you mean to say you have a pivotable camera?

Yes. You can use the camera mast from benjee with neptune camera and when using hullcam with this patch

@PART[ht2_cameraMast]:NEEDS[HabTech2|HullcamVDSContinued]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
        cameraName = #autoLOC_HULL_PM_012 //KerbPro
        cameraTransformName = camera
        cameraForward = 0, 0, 0
        cameraUp = 0, 1, 0
        cameraPosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
        cameraFoVMax = 40
        cameraFoVMin = 10
    }
}

So that means I now need 2 mod dependencies just to add a camera to a specific location and rotation of a part. Hmm.
I saw @linuxgurugamer mention redo the mod with Neptune at some point, so maybe it would only be a temporary solution for me until he does it?

Like the OCISLY mod, I really just need a transform to attach the camera to.

5 minutes ago, EritoKaio said:

So that means I now need 2 mod dependencies just to add a camera to a specific location and rotation of a part. Hmm.
I saw @linuxgurugamer mention redo the mod with Neptune at some point, so maybe it would only be a temporary solution for me until he does it?

Like the OCISLY mod, I really just need a transform to attach the camera to.

Sorry about the dependencies, but they are just libraries which I created over time.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry about the dependencies, but they are just libraries which I created over time.

That's alright! Neither of them has a significant size that would affect loading times much, which is honestly my biggest concern.

1 hour ago, EritoKaio said:

That's alright! Neither of them has a significant size that would affect loading times much, which is honestly my biggest concern.

Only thing that really affects loading time in terms of files is large PNG files, because they need to get converted.  After that, it's all setting thigns up by going through the configs

dlls load fast

45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Only thing that really affects loading time in terms of files is large PNG files, because they need to get converted.  After that, it's all setting thigns up by going through the configs

dlls load fast

Alright cool, thanks for explaining. It's the first time I'm making a mod :P
Got it working btw!

2Rx24cd6_a24cd.gif

I'm having this glitch with Physics Range Extender where the camera view's clipping distance glitches the further away I get from the ground.

Here it is when normal: 

image.png

A few km up:

image.png

Another, at the launch pad: 

image.png

And a few km up:

image.png

And it returns to normal as soon as I exit the physics range. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for it? 
PRE's "camera fix" option didn't seem to help.

22 minutes ago, Miza said:

I'm having this glitch with Physics Range Extender where the camera view's clipping distance glitches the further away I get from the ground.

Here it is when normal: 

image.png

A few km up:

image.png

Another, at the launch pad: 

image.png

And a few km up:

image.png

And it returns to normal as soon as I exit the physics range. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for it? 
PRE's "camera fix" option didn't seem to help.

Never heard of this, but my guess is that the two are incompatible with each other

I've also encountered a bug where sometimes the camera gets locked outside the spacecraft and wont respond to any inputs any further ( - and = prompt the text above, but wont switch between cameras; the Backspace reset (which I've remapped to \ ) wont reset, and switching camera modes also wont do anything. 

I'm not entirely sure what is causing this. I do have quite a few cameras on my spacecraft and most of the time, I can switch between them just fine but then randomly my camera will lock up. Has anyone else had this issue? 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tg626 said:

I get this after using the "KURS view" while docking.  The docking happens, I get "thrown out" and I'm left with the data on screen.  How do I make it go away? Reset view doesn't do it.

MRTLmYa.jpg

You do know my normal response:

No logs, no support.

I'll take a look, but the logs would be useful

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You do know my normal response:

No logs, no support.

I'll take a look, but the logs would be useful

I'll upload next time it happens to me.  This happens to me on the regular, but it's never bugged me so much I wanted to complain about it.  You've got enough stuff on your hands, but if I can help by uploading, sure thing.

20 hours ago, tg626 said:

Don't know it's a bug: Don't save logs. 

It's such a not-edge case, I figured there was something I wasn't doing. 

14 hours ago, pquade said:

Here ya go.

Video of issue on YouTube; https://youtu.be/Oi9rqz4ANvQ

Also reported as an issue and includes logs on the Git; https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/HullcamVDSContinued/issues/28

Thanks.

If you left the scene and returned, will that make it go away?

how about changing to another ship , either in or not in physics range?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks.

If you left the scene and returned, will that make it go away?

how about changing to another ship , either in or not in physics range?

Changing the scene entirely removes it.  Changing to another ship removes it.