[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, IM_NOVACON_. said:

the logs that re there are all i have my log folder and i searched player in file explorer in my ksp directory and nothing is there

It's in my sig:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Hello!
I have a UI bug when using this mod, I'm playing with Russian UI and for some reason in Kerbal menu I have two options "activate/deactivate camera" "disable/enable camera"

Spoiler

QoEDeXh.png

Can I somehow fix this? According to the instructions, I found only one log file, I don’t know if it will help: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JjYwpu3OcSgLusImeaJ6NlV9C0oaZ67g/view?usp=sharing - Player.log

I tried it on a clean freshly installed game with one single modification, same result. If I switch the game to English localization, I also get duplication of options. Moreover, if I turn on the camera with one or the other option and then deactivate it, the game camera breaks completely, the switch does not respond, if I re-activate the camera and try to turn it off, it peels off the character and lives its own life.

https://youtu.be/aRz-MF2P5n8

Log file from a clean game of the English version on which the video was recorded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16zrF4JoMHcK3h2hUMCHJ1D8AMjQRPt4E/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Hello!
I have a UI bug when using this mod, I'm playing with Russian UI and for some reason in Kerbal menu I have two options "activate/deactivate camera" "disable/enable camera"

Reveal hidden contents

QoEDeXh.png

Can I somehow fix this? According to the instructions, I found only one log file, I don’t know if it will help: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JjYwpu3OcSgLusImeaJ6NlV9C0oaZ67g/view?usp=sharing - Player.log

It's acting as if it's been added to the cameras 2x.  Can you post a link to your ModuleManager.configcache?

3 hours ago, Grem said:

I tried it on a clean freshly installed game with one single modification, same result. If I switch the game to English localization, I also get duplication of options. Moreover, if I turn on the camera with one or the other option and then deactivate it, the game camera breaks completely, the switch does not respond, if I re-activate the camera and try to turn it off, it peels off the character and lives its own life.

https://youtu.be/aRz-MF2P5n8

Log file from a clean game of the English version on which the video was recorded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16zrF4JoMHcK3h2hUMCHJ1D8AMjQRPt4E/view?usp=sharing

What happens when you start it with the English Localization?

I noticed that you are doing that on the kerbal, what happens on the cameras?

Also, one issue is that there isn't any russian translation for this mod, do you have a translation you are using?

No, personally, I did not change any configuration files and I don’t have a translation for the mod, I thought that this was a problem due to the fact that I play with the Russian localization of the game, or a conflict with one of the mods, but then I tried to install a clean game with English localization and add only this one single mod, and the problem has not gone anywhere, as you can see in my video above, I now have only module manager .dll and hullcam vds in GameData.

The game is switched to English on steam, I only added this mod and I still get an error with duplicate options.

Spoiler

2qujius.png

ModuleManager.configcache: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fe4Uvykyou08keziWK7H2Dz6364YvQP5/view?usp=sharing

I went to test the rest of the cameras and found out that I can not interact with them in VAB, the right mouse button click brings up the menu of only one single camera. In flight mode, all cameras work fine for the most part, with the exception of the Kerbal cam and what happens at the end ^^

Spoiler

Edited by Grem

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I went to test the rest of the cameras and found out that I can not interact with them in VAB, the right mouse button click brings up the menu of only one single camera. In flight mode, all cameras work fine for the most part, with the exception of the Kerbal cam and what happens at the end ^^

Reveal hidden contents

Most of them don't do anything in the VAB.  I'd suggest you get the mod Through The Eyes to be able to look through the Kerbal's eyes, not sure when I'll have time to look at it

22 hours ago, Grem said:

I tried it on a clean freshly installed game with one single modification, same result.

Idk if this will help you, but to avoid all kinds of camera issues, here's the rule I use: never select Disable on an active camera. Always do Deactivate Camera first on a camera that you used Activate Camera on. Disabling an active camera never ends well for me, either. In fact, I never keyboard-switch away from a camera that I've activated on the PAW. That can end up weird too. If I use the PAW button Activate Camera, I always follow that with the PAW button Deactivate Camera.

• 6 months later...

Anyone have any insight on how to improve/expand functionality for the cameras with MFDs?

Not all of them work on the "cycle camera" views on ANY of the MFDs (ALCOR/MAS/RPM), and only the "ALCOR MAS MFD2" has any of the postprocessing camera effects.

I'd love to have the MFDs work with all the cameras and postporcessing, especially for use with the Probe Control Room mod. But all those MFDs are RPMs, and thus, don't work right.

Edited by Frostiken

Which cameras are you using? I think some new parts got added recently to HC, and I dont think patches have been added to MAS yet...

I found the same issue with the Turret Cam a couple days ago... i just havent gotten around to patching it yet.

Looks lie the RPM support patches are included in HC mod itself, and all the new cameras *are* patched for RPM...
However, it looks like MAS support for HC, is provided by MAS, and hasnt been done yet for the new parts.

Edited by Stone Blue

10 hours ago, Frostiken said:

Anyone have any insight on how to improve/expand functionality for the cameras with MFDs?

Not all of them work on the "cycle camera" views on ANY of the MFDs (ALCOR/MAS/RPM), and only the "ALCOR MAS MFD2" has any of the postprocessing camera effects.

I'd love to have the MFDs work with all the cameras and postporcessing, especially for use with the Probe Control Room mod. But all those MFDs are RPMs, and thus, don't work right.

If no one’s done it yet I’m sure there’s an easy way to convert MFD props to MAS ones with a MM patch.

Also it just occurred to me that RPM does support some simple post processing but I think the Hullcam cameras aren’t set up to use it…oh but this might be a situation where the post processing config is set up in the MFD itself and not the camera part. I’ll look into it.

Edited by JonnyOThan

Okay, first, I'm unfamiliar with the different IVA mods and what does what, so forgive me on that one. It's my understanding that RPM is the OG MFD mod, MAS is the most recent, and ALCOR has its own thing. So I'm going to put screenshots in here. I'm using the NearFuture IVAs because they include pretty much all MFDs.

First, there's these. I think these are RPM screens.

CdCM9vx.pngH8eT3Ji.png

• EXTRA CAMS screen:
    • You can pan/zoom/tilt the cameras.
    • Cameras supported: Hazcam, Hazcam Wide, Booster Cam (bugged), Wide Angle Cam (bugged), Aerocam (std, up, dn, 180).
    • The two bugged cameras appear to have part of the camera model visible on the MFDs, blocking your view.

MQFtilD.pngbZtiPCx.png

• Not sure if the FOV is working properly. In direct control view, Aerocam UP and DN have pretty considerably different views than on the RPM screen. On the MFD it looks like a pretty standard camera, and I can see the runway, but direct control, they both have narrower FOV and are angled up, such that I can barely see the ground, and can't see the runway at all.
    • Absolutely zero postprocessing. 
    • Does not tell me what camera title is.
  • POD CAMS screen:
    • ALCOR pod built-in cameras only. Does not seem to support the ALCOR attachable camera.

These look like a type of MAS screen.

qhuj5xr.png

• POD CAMS screen:
    • Cameras supported: ScienceCam, Nightvision, Pictozoom (both telescopes), Kazzleblad (ie: the big "BoosterCam"), BoosterCam (both directions), Aerocam (Up/Dn only, not std/180), WideAngle, NavCam (the single lens), Launchpad Cam, KerbPro.
    • Postprocessing ONLY works on: Kazzelbad, Nightvision. There's no camera overlays, either (ie: the cross pattern).
    • If some cameras are supposed to appear lower-resolution, this seems to be functional. Or this is just a way for the MFD to save frames, and I'm imagining it.
    • No panning/tilting/zooming control.
    • Tells me camera name, but frequently gets cut off.
  • EXTRA CAMS screen:
    • Only the NavCam (single lens version) is working. No postprocessing.
    • Tells me camera name, but frequently gets cut off.

ALCOR MFD 2?

iTBotLj.png

• Identical to the POD CAMS screen above, except I have mysterious 'NEXT' and 'PREV' buttons that appear on-screen and do nothing.
  • tQt0qDP.png
  • Maybe it's just an indicator telling me there's more cameras?
  • Tells me camera name.

ALCOR MFD 1?

fd8k2Y0.png

• Identical to the POD CAMS screen above, except I have mysterious 'NEXT' and 'PREV' buttons that appear on-screen and do nothing. Maybe it's just an indicator telling me there's more cameras?
  • Has some sort of 'grain' effect on all camera displays. I like it. Not visible on MFD2. 
  • Tells me camera name.

MAS IFMS MFD

• No camera control options on this MFD.

OTHER

• Is it just me, or can nobody else pan/tilt cameras when controlling them directly? I can zoom, that's it. I have a billion mods so probably something with me.
  • The following cameras have zero MFD support: TurretCam, Dual NavCam(Rovercam), MunCam, BasicHullDeluxe, ALCOR External Radial-Mount Camera (this one doesn't work in any format, even direct part interaction).
  • What exactly are these MAS ALCOR screens, and why does the ALCOR pod not even have them?
  • MAS I think is supposed to automatically upgrade all my JSI RPM screens to MAS screens, apparently that's not happening. Hmm.
Edited by Frostiken

17 hours ago, Frostiken said:

RPM is the OG MFD mod, MAS is the most recent, and ALCOR has its own thing

RPM and MAS are two systems that do the same kinds of things.  ALCOR is an iva/props pack (technically ALCOR is a specific landing pod by alexustas that uses a lot of ASET props, but the MFDs in ASET were made specifically for the ALCOR pod).  ALCOR is pretty old, so it's all built on RPM.  As far as MFDs go, RPM comes with a basic one and ALCOR/ASET has its own versions (but they're still built on RPM tech).  There are 3 different styles of ASET MFD: the 40x20 that looks similar to the RPM one; a bigger 60x30 and the full-keyboard one.

I'm the current maintainer of RPM, and I know next to nothing about MAS, so I can speak to the RPM side of this stuff:

The two bugged cameras appear to have part of the camera model visible on the MFDs, blocking your view.

I believe but haven't confirmed that this happens because the hullcam camera cfgs have an extra position offset in them that isn't duplicated in the hullcam-rpm configs.

POD CAMS

This page is set up in the ALCOR/ASET MFDs to use transforms that exist on the ALCOR pod.  I would not expect any other camera to work with them - if they do, it's because whoever made the camera added a transform that matched the ALCOR name (which is...fine...but super hacky).

Not sure if the FOV is working properly

This should be fixed in the next version of RPM; essentially the FoVs of the cameras was configured in the MFD (so all cameras got the same values) instead of using the value from the camera itself.

Edited by JonnyOThan

11 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

RPM and MAS are two systems that do the same kinds of things.  ALCOR is an iva/props pack (technically ALCOR is a specific landing pod by alexustas that uses a lot of ASET props, but the MFDs in ASET were made specifically for the ALCOR pod).  ALCOR is pretty old, so it's all built on RPM.  As far as MFDs go, RPM comes with a basic one and ALCOR/ASET has its own versions (but they're still built on RPM tech).  There are 3 different styles of ASET MFD: the 40x20 that looks similar to the RPM one; a bigger 60x30 and the full-keyboard one.

I'm the current maintainer of RPM, and I know next to nothing about MAS, so I can speak to the RPM side of this stuff:

I believe but haven't confirmed that this happens because the hullcam camera cfgs have an extra position offset in them that isn't duplicated in the hullcam-rpm configs.

This page is set up in the ALCOR/ASET MFDs to use transforms that exist on the ALCOR pod.  I would not expect any other camera to work with them - if they do, it's because whoever made the camera added a transform that matched the ALCOR name (which is...fine...but super hacky).

This should be fixed in the next version of RPM; essentially the FoVs of the cameras was configured in the MFD (so all cameras got the same values) instead of using the value from the camera itself.

Sounds good. It looks like MAS itself was handling compatibility with VDS cams, so I left a message over in that thread about expanding compatibility.

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, CosmicHound said:

Hey! A lot of the cameras do not seem to be loading in, but some of them do. One that IS showing up is the muncam, and one that is NOT showing up is the turret cam. any fixes? i can post what mods i have too

Do you have any particular tech trees installed?

19 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Do you have any particular tech trees installed?

yes, i do. i have community tech tree installed.

if it helps, i checked sandbox mode to see if they are on there and they are not.

Edited by CosmicHound

On 11/8/2022 at 6:43 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support

alright just some more info, it seems only the mun cam, chem cam, and the basic small camera thing you get at the start are the only available ones. if u see this message and not the other, the other has the logs