[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

First thing, the HullCam keys are activated when typing into in game kOS terminals.  I can remap the keys but I figured I'd mention it because the terminal doesn't seem to have this issue with other mods key mappings so maybe HullCam is reading keys on too raw of a layer or something, like directly from the device.  I think it must be fairly low level because both underscore and minus (same physical key) cycles the cams.  There is probably a more elegant way to get that done in the swap meet environment of KSP and all the mods moshing for user input

Secondly, what is the syntax of the keymappings in the HullCam settings file?  I want to move the cam cycle keys to the number pad for now.

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this mod and double checked the Install path and required mods were instaled but other than the basic camera I can't get any of the parts to show up in the game? I saw something earlier in the thread about a similar situation and tried that fix and it didn't seem to work.

29 minutes ago, Lock-Os said:

I installed this mod and double checked the Install path and required mods were instaled but other than the basic camera I can't get any of the parts to show up in the game? I saw something earlier in the thread about a similar situation and tried that fix and it didn't seem to work.

Provide a log file, please

1 hour ago, Lock-Os said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1yoaman24mi6r/Player.log?dl=0

Does this work? Sorry it took so long to find, the folder was hidden.

Yes.  This link in my signature is helpful:  Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

1 hour ago, Lock-Os said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1yoaman24mi6r/Player.log?dl=0

Does this work? Sorry it took so long to find, the folder was hidden.

Install the ZeroMiniAVC mod:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1614/ZeroMiniAVC

• 1 month later...

Love the mod, works great in 1.11.0.

If you revisit it in the future though, I suggest changing the "activate" and "deactivate" actions to a toggle option. It would make it far more clear what cameras are on, and make key-mapping the cameras much easier.

Also, small bug; if you return to the space center while in a camera view that has a filter (like the grayscale filter) the space center view will have the filter until you go to a craft and exit a camera.

Cheers!

Edited by Wookyskill

34 minutes ago, Wookyskill said:

Love the mod, works great in 1.11.0.

If you revisit it in the future though, I suggest changing the "activate" and "deactivate" actions to a toggle option. It would make it far more clear what cameras are on, and make key-mapping the cameras much easier.

Cheers!

For kOS stuff, toggles suck.  one needs to be able to see from code what state something is in which the text in the PAW does (ala 'activate', 'deactivate'), but if the text just says 'toggle' it tells the code nothing.  So not a big fan of 'toggle' here.  There is no reason both 'toggle' and explicit menu options can't coexist as they do for many parts though

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Holidays and thanks for all the work you do maintaining this mod and so many others! I’ve run up against an issue that’s put me in a spot of bother - started running KSP on OpenGL, and suddenly any camera filter (static, black and white, docking reticule, etc.) turns the screen black and doesn’t render correctly. There was a “dirty fix” up thread about 4 years back, but the link is broken now - anyone have any leads on how to get the filters working on OpenGL?

14 hours ago, wisdomsavingthrow said:

Happy Holidays and thanks for all the work you do maintaining this mod and so many others! I’ve run up against an issue that’s put me in a spot of bother - started running KSP on OpenGL, and suddenly any camera filter (static, black and white, docking reticule, etc.) turns the screen black and doesn’t render correctly. There was a “dirty fix” up thread about 4 years back, but the link is broken now - anyone have any leads on how to get the filters working on OpenGL?

I assume you are on Windows since you didn't say.  OpenGL is not supported

Just wondering if anyone familiar with this mod, and its code, could answer a question for me. I searched for any ind of info in a readme or wikki, but no such luc.

Just wondering how the mod determines default position? like, it doesnt use an empty transform, and just defaults to the part origin, by the look of it?

6 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Just wondering if anyone familiar with this mod, and its code, could answer a question for me. I searched for any ind of info in a readme or wikki, but no such luc.

Just wondering how the mod determines default position? like, it doesnt use an empty transform, and just defaults to the part origin, by the look of it?

cameraName is the transform, and then the other parameters reference from that

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

cameraName is the transform, and then the other parameters reference from that

ok i'll play with it moar... i tried switching the name to the dockingnode transform name, but it doesnt seem to be using its position... :thinking:

Also, I got KURS support working for these same ports... I see most of the HC cfg eys are the same as KURS'.... ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 12:38 PM, Kilo60 said:

All Cameras (Wide FOV/ Science/ Night Vision) on Duna on my rover when in Camera View display flickering ground....  On Kerbin cameras all work fine without this issue...

On 4/30/2020 at 6:12 PM, Thave said:

When I use Hullcam VDS in 1.9.1, the objects illuminated by the sun flicker. Can you solve this problem? Thank you.

I'm trying to narrow this down, too. It's possible that it's only happening when the sun is visible, which was something I hadn't considered.

Here's a question ... are both of you using Kopernicus? If so, what planet packs are you using, and which version of Kopernicus?

Here's a comparison to show what's happening:  (Note: this same rocket flown in the middle of the night shows no flickering)

Spoiler

I took these shots by pressing F1 in rapid succession during the first few seconds of liftoff. Check the mission clock in the top left.

This first frame clearly looks like a night shot. But ...

o96eGCG.png

This was flown at mid-day. This well-lit frame is the correct rendering.

euaXt10.png

The flicker cycles several times a second, but you can see just a moment later it's back to night-looking.

hXR7lyY.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 12:51 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

It's possible that it's only happening when the sun is visible, which was something I hadn't considered.

Here's a question ... are both of you using Kopernicus? If so, what planet packs are you using, and which version of Kopernicus?

Oh.. I was about to post 'bout this. All terrain flickers when looking through a camera, and yes, I am using the latest @R-T-B's bleeding edge Kopernicus, along with @Poodmund's OPM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I thought I could put some cams on a pod, put it in orbit, then distribute the cams via an engineer (1.11.1) to other active vessels. I cannot, however, remove them. Am I missing something, or can they only be installed on new ships? I realize the mod cam about before the ability to attach parts in space, but this is the first and only part mod I have ever used.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, DeltaSigma said:

Hello,

I thought I could put some cams on a pod, put it in orbit, then distribute the cams via an engineer (1.11.1) to other active vessels. I cannot, however, remove them. Am I missing something, or can they only be installed on new ships? I realize the mod cam about before the ability to attach parts in space, but this is the first and only part mod I have ever used.

Thanks!

It will need updating probably.   @linuxgurugamer could this be on the update list please?

Peace.

11 hours ago, DeltaSigma said:

Hello,

Thanks!

I’ll take a look at it