Jump to content

[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.2.1

  • Added ModuleCargoPart to all parts for new KSP Inventory system

On that note, KURS needs this too... I forgot about it when I was trying to add one to inventory bac when I was updating OPT dockingports for KURS... :face_palm:
I'll throw an issue up with the copy/pasta'd module up on its repo right now...

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

On that note, KURS needs this too... I forgot about it when I was trying to add one to inventory bac when I was updating OPT dockingports for KURS... :face_palm:
I'll throw an issue up with the copy/pasta'd module up on its repo right now...

for now, install the mod Kerbal Inventory for All, I'll get it added to KURS later today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rui_AD said:

Is there a function to switch between black and white and color of the camera during flight?

No, but here is mod with this but it adds no parts. There are some mods which are compatible like Tantares and some BDB-Parts:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HullCam has always had a flashing problem on my system. With the release of 1.11.2, I've narrowed this down to HullCam alone. It happens without any other mods.

Log and craft file from the video are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bYOQEJaozx1nrBgr-tcUK_xa1arsxn90?usp=sharing

Video showing flashing in spoiler:

Spoiler

  **** WARNING **** This video shows a lot of flashing. Please don't press play if that might be an issue for you.

 

 

One of the things you will notice from my previous post about this same issue is that the "flashing" is not really flashing - it's flipping between a correctly lit daytime scene, and a nighttime scene. The "dark" frames of the flash are perfectly fine frames ... they just lack illumination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

HullCam has always had a flashing problem on my system. With the release of 1.11.2, I've narrowed this down to HullCam alone. It happens without any other mods.

Log and craft file from the video are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bYOQEJaozx1nrBgr-tcUK_xa1arsxn90?usp=sharing

Video showing flashing in spoiler:

  Hide contents

  **** WARNING **** This video shows a lot of flashing. Please don't press play if that might be an issue for you.

 

 

One of the things you will notice from my previous post about this same issue is that the "flashing" is not really flashing - it's flipping between a correctly lit daytime scene, and a nighttime scene. The "dark" frames of the flash are perfectly fine frames ... they just lack illumination.

Are you running OpenGL?  What king of system are you running?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you running OpenGL?  What king of system are you running?

From the log, as this is more detail than I knew off the top of my head:

OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8)
RAM: 16334
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (4053MB)
SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, BGRA32, RGB111110Float, RG32, RGBAUShort, RG16, BGRA10101010_XR, BGR101010_XR, R16
 

[LOG 12:25:49.164] Not OpenGL
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Strange, I have never seen this.

Maybe we can get some more specs. This person posted about this, too ...

@JIMMY_the_DOG wondering if you've updated to 1.11.2, or if you're still using this mod, etc. 

edit: I should mention that behavior seems identical on 1.10.1, at least on my system.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 3:44 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

HullCam has always had a flashing problem on my system. With the release of 1.11.2, I've narrowed this down to HullCam alone. It happens without any other mods.

Log and craft file from the video are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bYOQEJaozx1nrBgr-tcUK_xa1arsxn90?usp=sharing

Video showing flashing in spoiler:

  Hide contents

  **** WARNING **** This video shows a lot of flashing. Please don't press play if that might be an issue for you.

 

 

One of the things you will notice from my previous post about this same issue is that the "flashing" is not really flashing - it's flipping between a correctly lit daytime scene, and a nighttime scene. The "dark" frames of the flash are perfectly fine frames ... they just lack illumination.

Same happens to me. I used physics range extender to fix this (it has a cam fix option), but it is annoying because when i land boosters, it lifts up all landed objects and switches me away from the booster. If you could find another solution, it would really help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, IsaQuest said:

I used physics range extender to fix this (it has a cam fix option), 

I've posted in that thread asking if the mod author has any thoughts on their fix for that problem. Maybe it's something that will give LGG a clue for HullCam, too. I'll post back here and tag LGG if anything interesting comes of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, IsaQuest said:

Same happens to me. I used physics range extender to fix this (it has a cam fix option), but it is annoying because when i land boosters, it lifts up all landed objects and switches me away from the booster. If you could find another solution, it would really help!

You can disable the TerrainExtender in settings.cfg TerrainExtenderEnabled = False . But bear in mind that if you are far from them, the terrain colliders will be disabled and your vessels will go into Oblivion!
 

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I've posted in that thread asking if the mod author has any thoughts on their fix for that problem. Maybe it's something that will give LGG a clue for HullCam, too. I'll post back here and tag LGG if anything interesting comes of it. 

I have decided to come here to explain it after your inquire :)

Honestly I have never seen that flickering issue with Hullcam. I guess it could be due to the fact that I always use it with PRE (Physics Range Extender). 

Regarding the cam fix code in PRE, I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to mitigate the flickering that begins when an active vessel gets too far from the origin. The flickering starts to be noticeable after 50 km or so. 


By increasing the FlightCamera.fetch.mainCamera.nearClipPlane this flickering is mitigated ( at the cost of losing the near view of your vessel if the camera position is very close to the vessel). The code that I have in PRE dynamically increase or reduce the nearClipPlane.

However, there is something that I don't understand. With PRE this was only an issue when I had two vessels loaded that are far from each other, the greater the distance the worst it gets (expected). But if you only have one vessel loaded and the hullcam camera that is active is from your active vessel, you should not experience any flickering at all. 

And finally this leads to me think that if PRE is fixing the issue when only one vessel is loaded, it has to be related with the default nearClipPlane value that I'm forcing: _initialClippingPlane = 0.21f;
 

@linuxgurugamer On a different note I'd like to share with you a new mod that I have been developing for the last few weeks. It depends on HullCam actually :) ( I haven't done yet an official release, but I think It should be ready in one week or so)
 

Not only this, but also I have created a gRPC server and a crossplatform Desktop client to extract the cameras and watch them on different computers:
unknown.png?width=1285&height=538
unknown.png?width=1285&height=538

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

And finally this leads to me think that if PRE is fixing the issue when only one vessel is loaded, it has to be related with the default nearClipPlane value that I'm forcing: _initialClippingPlane = 0.21f;

OK thank you for the info. Tonight I'll download PRE and confirm that it does indeed fix the hullcam issue, and if it does, I'll let LGG know as another data point. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

You can disable the TerrainExtender in settings.cfg TerrainExtenderEnabled = False . But bear in mind that if you are far from them, the terrain colliders will be disabled and your vessels will go into Oblivion!
 

I have decided to come here to explain it after your inquire :)

Honestly I have never seen that flickering issue with Hullcam. I guess it could be due to the fact that I always use it with PRE (Physics Range Extender). 

Regarding the cam fix code in PRE, I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to mitigate the flickering that begins when an active vessel gets too far from the origin. The flickering starts to be noticeable after 50 km or so. 


By increasing the FlightCamera.fetch.mainCamera.nearClipPlane this flickering is mitigated ( at the cost of losing the near view of your vessel if the camera position is very close to the vessel). The code that I have in PRE dynamically increase or reduce the nearClipPlane.

However, there is something that I don't understand. With PRE this was only an issue when I had two vessels loaded that are far from each other, the greater the distance the worst it gets (expected). But if you only have one vessel loaded and the hullcam camera that is active is from your active vessel, you should not experience any flickering at all. 

And finally this leads to me think that if PRE is fixing the issue when only one vessel is loaded, it has to be related with the default nearClipPlane value that I'm forcing: _initialClippingPlane = 0.21f;
 

@linuxgurugamer On a different note I'd like to share with you a new mod that I have been developing for the last few weeks. It depends on HullCam actually :) ( I haven't done yet an official release, but I think It should be ready in one week or so)
 

Not only this, but also I have created a gRPC server and a crossplatform Desktop client to extract the cameras and watch them on different computers:
unknown.png?width=1285&height=538
unknown.png?width=1285&height=538

This will be an instant download methinks.  Can you adjust the resolution of the cameras?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

This will be an instant download methinks.  Can you adjust the resolution of the cameras?

 

At the moment it is locked to 768x768.  I could unlock it but the impact on both GPU and CPU can be quite significant, specially on low end PCs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

@linuxgurugamer On a different note I'd like to share with you a new mod that I have been developing for the last few weeks. It depends on HullCam actually :) ( I haven't done yet an official release, but I think It should be ready in one week or

What does it depend on?  The parts or the code?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

At the moment it is locked to 768x768.  I could unlock it but the impact on both GPU and CPU can be quite significant, specially on low end PCs

 Sounds perfect.  I really like the option to stream as well.

Peace.

Also, if you are streaming,  What happens when you IVA or go into mapview. Do the screens disappear?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

 

Also, if you are streaming,  What happens when you IVA or go into mapview. Do the screens disappear?

They stay, IVA works just fine, however in mapview KSP renders differents stuff that will affect the camera views (terrain, skybox and light sources)

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What does it depend on?  The parts or the code?

At this moment both. I'm looking for MuMechModuleHullCamera modules and using the cameraTransformName etc to properly set all the Camera copies for each camera that wants to be displayed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

They stay, IVA works just fine, however in mapview KSP renders differents stuff that will affect the camera views (terrain, skybox and light sources)

So, you could then have a map only mission playthrough, with some camera views showing what is happening in flight, although the lighting and terrain will be borked.  Interesting.

Or an IVA only playthrough with stock IVA rather than fiddling with RPM (as good as that is).  Hullcam has the option of not going to flight view methinks?

Peace,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

At this moment both. I'm looking for MuMechModuleHullCamera modules and using the cameraTransformName etc to properly set all the Camera copies for each camera that wants to be displayed.

Oh.  Then if I redo the mod using Neptune Camera it will cause you a lot of problems.

8 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

However, there is something that I don't understand. With PRE this was only an issue when I had two vessels loaded that are far from each other, the greater the distance the worst it gets (expected). But if you only have one vessel loaded and the hullcam camera that is active is from your active vessel, you should not experience any flickering at all. 

The flickering which I observed (others please chip in with your observations) occurs while close to the ground and disappears  at somewhere between 5 and 15 km in height

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh.  Then if I redo the mod using Neptune Camera it will cause you a lot of problems.

The flickering which I observed (others please chip in with your observations) occurs while close to the ground and disappears  at somewhere between 5 and 15 km in height

I think it should not be blocker, at the end of the day I just need a camera transform to position properly all the Camera copies. Let me know if at some point you have a branch with Neptune camera thing and I will begin adapting the mod :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...