[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

23 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I think I got the positioning right (may have to rotate it about the view axis).  Testing a wider FOV, since I'm only seeing one of the three petals.

Here are the current settings:

@PART [NASAdockingport]
{
	MODULE
	{
	    name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
	    cameraName = NavCam
	    cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
	    //cameraUp = 0, 0, 1
		cameraUp = 0, 0, -1

cameraPosition = 0, 0.0, 0
	    cameraFoVMax = 80
	    cameraFoVMin = 80
	    cameraMode = 1
	}
}

Instead of changing the FOV, maybe move the position back a bit.

3 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

I've noticed the latest version has an issue with the docking white text remaining on screen after returning to normal view. It goes away if you go to space center, tracking station, or change to an unloaded vessel.

I can't reproduce this, can you elaborate a bit, please

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can't reproduce this, can you elaborate a bit, please

For example I'm preparing to start with docking and I press the key to engage/flip through cameras (if there's lots of docking ports, it can take a while to go through all of them). The image is normally gray with the targeting cross, and there's textual data as seen here.

C6056AA31AFA5257C275A14141060A374D8D0D2A

However, when I exit the camera view, text is still there, although the cross isn't, and the image is not grayscale anymore.

What could be causing this? It's not really grinding my gears, but it's a nuisance.

3 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

For example I'm preparing to start with docking and I press the key to engage/flip through cameras (if there's lots of docking ports, it can take a while to go through all of them). The image is normally gray with the targeting cross, and there's textual data as seen here.

C6056AA31AFA5257C275A14141060A374D8D0D2A

However, when I exit the camera view, text is still there, although the cross isn't, and the image is not grayscale anymore.

What could be causing this? It's not really grinding my gears, but it's a nuisance.

Oh, ok, I was looking for something else.  I'll take a look at it

On 12/5/2018 at 8:01 AM, lajoswinkler said:

How are you exiting the camera view?  I've tested this several ways.  It is normal to see the text on all the docking ports, as long as a vessel is targeted, even if the docking port isn't the control point.  If you are still seeing the text, then somehow, you are still in DockingCam mode, which should only be happening when you are using a docking camera.

So I need more info, in this case, a save file which will the vessels positioned so that I can see it happening.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:48 AM, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I'm getting that, too.

If you can also provide a working example, it would help in figuring this out

Thanks

On 12/6/2018 at 2:48 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

How are you exiting the camera view?  I've tested this several ways.  It is normal to see the text on all the docking ports, as long as a vessel is targeted, even if the docking port isn't the control point.  If you are still seeing the text, then somehow, you are still in DockingCam mode, which should only be happening when you are using a docking camera.

So I need more info, in this case, a save file which will the vessels positioned so that I can see it happening.

If you can also provide a working example, it would help in figuring this out

Thanks

I was exiting it by pressing the key that cycles through cameras. Target was not selected (after docking, nothing is targeted anymore).

However, I've found the solution. Simply going to map view, setting something else as target, then unsetting it, removes the text.

Sorry, I don't have the save file, it's been a few days.

But I think this is resolved now, at least for me. :)

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you write it, I'll certainly consider adding it to the mod

My modding knowledge is very low, but with some help I maybe could do something, I've done some Real Plumes patches before. I'm seeing the docking ports as templates:

Spoiler

@PART[dockingPort2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        cameraName = NavCam
        cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
        cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
        cameraPosition = 0, 0.07, 0
        cameraFoVMax = 60
        cameraFoVMin = 60
        cameraMode = 1
    }
}

I could use this as template, only changing the values and types of camera? If so, how can I get the right positions? Any tool in-game for that?

5 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

My modding knowledge is very low, but with some help I maybe could do something, I've done some Real Plumes patches before. I'm seeing the docking ports as templates:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[dockingPort2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        cameraName = NavCam
        cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
        cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
        cameraPosition = 0, 0.07, 0
        cameraFoVMax = 60
        cameraFoVMin = 60
        cameraMode = 1
    }
}

I could use this as template, only changing the values and types of camera? If so, how can I get the right positions? Any tool in-game for that?

You have to make sure you have the right transform (cameraName), and then you will have to play with three camera values:  cameraUp, cameraForward and cameraPos

I used to use and love this mod, but I swore off it long, long ago (and all part adding mods) when I borked a save file by trying to load it sans camera parts and it deleted half my vessels.

My fault I know, was a long time ago and I wasn't keeping back ups. Wouldn't even be an issue now that I know better.

Still, I swore I'd never do it again....but every now and then I come check back in on this thread, gaze longingly at all the cool pics of people using the cameras and I'm like...

tenor.gif

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to get rid of the crosshair/reticule? I totally understand it's purpose and from a utility perspective, it's completely justified.

However I feel it's inappropriate for the two-way booster camera and while I love that camera's filter/effects, I do not love the crosshair.

26 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer The latest build (1.10.1) is not available on github or spacedock but AVC notifies about the new version.

Also, I've opend a PR to update the MM patches for RPM, so they no longer use the :FINAL directive and added RPM as a dependency.

Rpm is not a dependency.  I'll look at it this evening

I didn't realize you added it as a dependency to the patch

26 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer The latest build (1.10.1) is not available on github or spacedock but AVC notifies about the new version.

I'll fix it later

Edited by linuxgurugamer

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Rpm is not a dependency.  I'll look at it this evening

The patches for RPM included in the mod are going to add a partmodule named 'JSIExternalCameraSelector' , which is part of RPM, so these patches actually depend on RPM (just the MM patches, not the whole mod). Sure, you can add the module anyway but it will result in a warning from KSP that the partmodule cannot be found.

New release, 0.1.10.2

• Thanks to forum user @4x4cheesecake for the following:
    • Removed FINAL from patches
    • Added RPM as a dependency for the patch to run at all to prevent warnings about the missing partmodule if RPM is not installed.
7 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The patches for RPM included in the mod are going to add a partmodule named 'JSIExternalCameraSelector' , which is part of RPM, so these patches actually depend on RPM (just the MM patches, not the whole mod). Sure, you can add the module anyway but it will result in a warning from KSP that the partmodule cannot be found.

I realized that and edited my comment.

Thanks