[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

Hi!

This mod is awesome! Can you make patch to the Bluedog Design Bureau docking ports?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/122020-16x-bluedog-design-bureau-stockalike-saturn-apollo-and-more-v150-бруно-25jan2019/#comment-2205042

I mean at least Active and Passive Docking Mechanism (may be used for Apollo missions).

But patch for: Belle Docking Port - Leo Nose Docking Mechanism and MOS-DM Docking Mechanism will be very helpful :)

21 hours ago, Artur G. said:

Hi!

This mod is awesome! Can you make patch to the Bluedog Design Bureau docking ports?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/122020-16x-bluedog-design-bureau-stockalike-saturn-apollo-and-more-v150-бруно-25jan2019/#comment-2205042

I mean at least Active and Passive Docking Mechanism (may be used for Apollo missions).

But patch for: Belle Docking Port - Leo Nose Docking Mechanism and MOS-DM Docking Mechanism will be very helpful :)

Are you saying the the generic patch doesn't touch those docking ports?

Or do you want something customized for those?

Bluedog Design Bureau mod contains 7 docking ports. No one from those ports works with Hullcamera. BUT thanks to your tip, i made changes to DockingPortCameraPatch.cfg and i added 7 times lines:

@PART[NASAdockingport]
{
	MODULE
	{
	    name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
	    cameraName = NavCam
	    cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
	    cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
	    cameraPosition = 0, 0, 0
	    cameraFoVMax = 60
	    cameraFoVMin = 60
	    cameraMode = 1
	}
}

with only changed right port names from Bluedog DB: bluedog_agenaNoseCone, bluedog_agenaPort, bluedog_MOL_DockingPort, bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism, bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism, bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F and bluedog_CXA_APAS_P. Then now i can see image from docking ports Hullcams! Thank you!

Sorry, but i don't speak english :lol:

@PART[bluedog_agenaNoseCone|bluedog_agenaPort|bluedog_MOL_DockingPort|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_ActiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_Apollo_Block2_PassiveDockingMechanism|bluedog_CXA_APAS_A_L04F|bluedog_CXA_APAS_P]
{
	MODULE
	{
	    name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
	    cameraName = NavCam
	    cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
	    cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
	    cameraPosition = 0, 0, 0
	    cameraFoVMax = 60
	    cameraFoVMin = 60
	    cameraMode = 1
	}
}

I'll be adding this to the Hullcam patch directory, so would appreciate the testing

On 12/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, lajoswinkler said:

I was exiting it by pressing the key that cycles through cameras. Target was not selected (after docking, nothing is targeted anymore).

However, I've found the solution. Simply going to map view, setting something else as target, then unsetting it, removes the text.

Sorry, I don't have the save file, it's been a few days.

But I think this is resolved now, at least for me. :)

After docking (docking port is a target) i have this issue too - speeds and distance is still visible. Backspace, =, - and switch to MapMode not helps.

Is easier method to hide this info after succesfull docking?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Zah said:

Is anyone else's Wide Angle Camera without a texture? I've had this for a while now, on multiple installations, but it's always been low priority so I never got around to ask
s7zZzma.jpg

Update, that should have been fixed.  You might need to uninstall and reinstall

I just tested, it is missing, I'll have to get it fixed

Looks like something changed in the way KSP looks at the config, it wasn't loading the texture.  Fixed in the upcoming update

Edited by linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, sosoxia said:

@linuxgurugamer

Hi dude, I try to make a Chinese Translation, its done with most thing including CFG and DLL files

But why i always cant translate "Activate Camera" to Chinese? where to find the source text? sry for may bad English.

I'm pretty sure the "Activate Camera" is in the stock game

Hey do you think you could improve the resolution on the dual camera booster cam and remove the cross hairs?

I don't particularly like them. If not, mind telling me what I have to change in the config files to make those changes? Not sure what any of the values do so I won't mess with it.

1 hour ago, sibaar said:

Hey do you think you could improve the resolution on the dual camera booster cam and remove the cross hairs?

I don't particularly like them. If not, mind telling me what I have to change in the config files to make those changes? Not sure what any of the values do so I won't mess with it.

Instead of messing around with the config, I would suggest to write a custom MM patch. The whole point of MM is to modify config entries without editing the original file ;)

In this case, you are looking for the Module "MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom", which contains the value "cameraMode". There are 9 different modes which come with different filter:

Normal = 0,
DockingCam = 1,
BlackAndWhiteFilm = 2,
BlackAndWhiteLoResTV = 3,
BlackAndWhiteHiResTV = 4,
ColorFilm = 5,
ColorLoResTV = 6,
ColorHiResTV = 7,
NightVision = 8

The booster cam comes with "cameramode = 7". AFAIK the only option which doesn't got the crosshair and provides a "better resolution", would be "normal", so let's write a MM patch for this:

@PART[hc_booster]:AFTER[HullCamera]
{
	@MODULE[MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom],*
	{
		@cameraMode = 0
	}
}

The patch will change both cameras on the booster cam to "normal" mode, just create a textfile somewhere within your GameData directory, name it however you like but put the extension .cfg on it. Copy&Paste the patch into your file, save it and enjoy your crosshair free cam :)

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm pretty sure the "Activate Camera" is in the stock game

I try to find it out , but no results...

Read Whole text in Assembly-CSharp ,no such thing called "Activate Camera"

Edited by sosoxia

13 minutes ago, sosoxia said:

I try to find it out , but no results...

Read Whole text in Assembly-CSharp ,no such thing like "Activate Camera"

It's probably coming from the dictionary.cfg.  While that phrase isn't in there, I found the following, and it's probably put together somewhere in code:

#autoLOC_6001485 = Activate

#autoLOC_148154 = Camera
#autoLOC_148156 = Camera Mode
#autoLOC_148157 = Camera Next
#autoLOC_148158 = Camera Reset

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's probably coming from the dictionary.cfg.  While that phrase isn't in there, I found the following, and it's probably put together somewhere in code:

#autoLOC_148154 = Camera

U r very kind :)  i read this dictionary too...but still nothing.. maybe just like u said its Encode.. there's nothing i can do..

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

#autoLOC_148154 = Camera

and those code u post , in my CN ver. game dictionary.cfg its already been Chinese now

#autoLOC_148154 = Camera

#autoLOC_6001485 = 启动

#autoLOC_148156 = 镜头模式

#autoLOC_148157 = 下个镜头模式

#autoLOC_148158 = 重置镜头模式

e.g

r67b5Na.png

Open & Close camera its done well,  the stupid "Activate Camera" still english...

Edited by sosoxia

Just now, sosoxia said:

i really dont know how to make it work :wacko: looks like C language

It is C# ;)

How did you translate all the other stuff without code changes? Did you just edit the config files?

If you can wait a few hours, I can do the code changes, send you a pre-release to make a proper translation (with a "localization.cfg" and "autoLOC" tags) and than we open a PullRequest for @linuxgurugamer? :)

I can start working on it in one or two hours and it shouldn't take too long.

6 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

It is C# ;)

How did you translate all the other stuff without code changes? Did you just edit the config files?

If you can wait a few hours, I can do the code changes, send you a pre-release to make a proper translation (with a "localization.cfg" and "autoLOC" tags) and than we open a PullRequest for @linuxgurugamer? :)

U r really kind my friend, I can wait for U forever... I‘ll try my best to cooperate with your hard work,If @linuxgurugamer agrees to our request  I hope to share this Chinese translation for public.

I'm translate CFGs with Notepad++ & DLL with Radialix 3(I don't know if it's illegal for the author, and thats my flaut. i just wanna make a perfect localization.:unsure:

27 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

It is C# ;)

But I'm not very clear about GitHub's rules and principles,I'm uncertain if this requires me to do something or not