[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

you mean a cameramode tag?

I mean the  line "CameraMode = X" in the module thing (I've got limited experience in programming, only as far as an electrical engineer goes). Where X is a number. All the cameras that work don't have this, although that may be either because RPM does something nasty to it, or because the "CameraMode" is used by something else?

37 minutes ago, HenrikH said:

I mean the  line "CameraMode = X" in the module thing (I've got limited experience in programming, only as far as an electrical engineer goes). Where X is a number. All the cameras that work don't have this, although that may be either because RPM does something nasty to it, or because the "CameraMode" is used by something else?

cameraMode controls what type of camera it is.  When set to 0, it's a standard view.  When not, then some extra stuff goes on, which is probably keeping things from working.

I'll dig further this evening

Wow--I can't believe this got patched to work with 1.1.3 with the shader effects.

Albert, Linux, and everyone else involved--thank you SO MUCH! This literally doubles the sense of immersiveness in my game. I'm ashamed that I didn't check this earlier for the update!

Again, thanks so much for all your efforts. I'm going to resume my own to try and implement your awesome docking camera functionality to other docking ports (SDHI, etc.) in the meantime. 

On 8/23/2016 at 9:12 AM, HenrikH said:

I looked in the cfg files, and it seems like RPM only shows cameras that do not have a "CameraMode", anything that has a tag is ignored it seems.

Try right-clicking on the camera in the VAB, and change the id of the camera.  RPM requires each camera to have a unique id, and also, no more than 8.  so if you haven't changed the id, then nothing other than the first will be active in RPM

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try right-clicking on the camera in the VAB, and change the id of the camera.  RPM requires each camera to have a unique id, and also, no more than 8.  so if you haven't changed the id, then nothing other than the first will be active in RPM

They seem to increment their ID on their own as they're placed. Still not all cameras though.

Of the non-working, I can only adjust the ID of the NavCam, though it gives me a black screen on the RPM monitor - possibly something with RMS not liking the CameraMode? Then I tried again to get a clean log, and the NavCam worked on the RPM screen as a regular colour camera - quite odd.

The Kazzelblad, Nightvision and Docking ports, I don't get camera ID when right-clicking on them in the VAB. I have a log if it'll help any, though through skimming it it made no sense to me :-/

2 hours ago, HenrikH said:

They seem to increment their ID on their own as they're placed. Still not all cameras though.

Of the non-working, I can only adjust the ID of the NavCam, though it gives me a black screen on the RPM monitor - possibly something with RMS not liking the CameraMode? Then I tried again to get a clean log, and the NavCam worked on the RPM screen as a regular colour camera - quite odd.

The Kazzelblad, Nightvision and Docking ports, I don't get camera ID when right-clicking on them in the VAB. I have a log if it'll help any, though through skimming it it made no sense to me :-/

I've sent configs to the @MOARdV to add some of the missing cameras.

Right now, they will all act like normal cameras inside the IVA, this will be until I get around to writing some code so that RPM will be able to interface with this mod.

39 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

hi @linuxgurugamer! I finally found my log info. Do you know where I can find the download link for this mod for version 1.1.0?

Thanks!

Try this:  https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220258-hullcam-vds

This link is for 1.0.5.

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've sent configs to the @MOARdV to add some of the missing cameras.

Right now, they will all act like normal cameras inside the IVA, this will be until I get around to writing some code so that RPM will be able to interface with this mod.

Try this:  https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220258-hullcam-vds

This link is for 1.0.5.

if the 1.0.5 does not work in 1.1.0, will it end up breaking my game??

p.s. does curse have directions for installing it? this is my first mod on any game ever. I don't wanna mess up :P.

Hi guys!

I want to install this mod

I have version 1.1.0 currently, and @linuxgurugamer was nice enough to find an older download link for version 1.0.5. My question. Will 1.0.5 break my 1.1.0 game, and if it will not infact break it. How do I install it properly so that I don't break my game on my own :P. (this is the first and 1 of the few mods I would like to install)

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

if your worried about a save being broken from a mod,  find your save folder and make back ups.

it can be hard to tell if a mod will break something, so backing things up often can be a good idea

I am also concerned that installing a mod for an older version will break my ENTIRE game, and possibly my PC. Is this a risk?

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you are doing it manually:

Open the zip file

1. Find the folder: GameData/HullCameraVDS, and copy it to the GameData directory
  2. Find the file : Modulemanager.2.6.25.dll and copy it to the GameData directory

On curse, do I just hit download? Also, isn't modulemanager a seperate mod? Will I need this as well?

1 minute ago, nascarlaser1 said:

1.1.0 according to the log notes. (if I'm reading them right. which is debatable)

Open up the output_log.txt file, and look for a line which looks like:

[KSP Version]: 1.1.3.1289 (WindowsPlayer) (x64) ==============================

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Open up the output_log.txt file, and look for a line which looks like:

[KSP Version]: 1.1.3.1289 (WindowsPlayer) (x64) ==============================

do I do this before or after hitting download on curse? (I do not have it with me right now, I  just want to know ahead of time if it helps).