[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

good mod, good job, thanks

one question for far objects

Pictozoom 2000 have zoom for view distant planets but ingame is distance limit for planet draw

from earth orbit is visible only mercury, venus and mars (no one at max distance)

jupiter and other planets is always invisible.  max planet distance is a bit more from ~1au (sun - earth distance)

also kerbal ships, satelites, asteroids ... is visible only at very small distance, in zoom to higher distance is invisible  - max distance ~2,5km (?)

any chance to rewrite this game object drawing, while viewing through telescope(s) ?

Edited by Osel
missclicks & bad english :)

@linuxgurugamer @notquitehalf

I'm a Linux user and obviously use OpenGL. So, shaders compiled and bundled for Windows are not working for me, as well as for Mac users. They just show everything in "black". I decided to figure out problem myself rather than push someone else to solve it, so I have a dirty fix and even more.

Dirty fix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5113976/KSP/HullCam/shaders.zip

you just backup your HullCameraVDS/Resources/shaders.bundle and replace with what you need. Don't forget to rename it to "shaders.bundle", of course.

How to get shaders for different platforms: in your CreateAccessBundles.cs you change "StandaloneWindows" to "StandaloneLinuxUniversal" or "OSXUniversal" (not sure about last one, bundle in Zip was built for this), then My Mod -> Build Bundles. It actually works because shader is written in some "universal" CG language and can be compiled to different platform-specific ones.

Good fix will require some code changes in Hullcam code (like detect platform and choose what to load, or how it works for EVE or scatterer, I don't know yet), I think. Because I can't figure out still if it is possible to get single bundle working for all platforms. It seems like scatterer mod uses three different shader bundles for all this to work, so, probably, it is only one known way so far.

I've downloaded and installed KSP v1.2.1, and I have HullcamVDS_Continued-0.1.3 installed. On KSP startup, it tells me the mod is not version compatible, but it is working as far as I can tell... the docking camera anyway. I guess I should try the other cameras too.

On 11/4/2016 at 10:02 PM, LordFerret said:

I've downloaded and installed KSP v1.2.1, and I have HullcamVDS_Continued-0.1.3 installed. On KSP startup, it tells me the mod is not version compatible, but it is working as far as I can tell... the docking camera anyway. I guess I should try the other cameras too.

Update, it's up to 1.4.1

I've been having an issue with this mod and RasterPropMonitor. The cameras that have filters, such as the night vision cam and the black and white cam, don't use the filters when viewed on a monitor. I double checked that it wasn't a conflict with another mod by completely reinstalling KSP and re-downloading the mods. The only mods used are the latest HullCamVDS for 1.2.1, the RasterPropMonitor pre-release for 1.2.x (version 0.28.0b4), and ModuleManager (version 2.7.3). They still don't show with the filters. I don't know how to upload the logs, but I could copy them into a spoiler if they are needed.

4 hours ago, Micro753 said:

I've been having an issue with this mod and RasterPropMonitor. The cameras that have filters, such as the night vision cam and the black and white cam, don't use the filters when viewed on a monitor. I double checked that it wasn't a conflict with another mod by completely reinstalling KSP and re-downloading the mods. The only mods used are the latest HullCamVDS for 1.2.1, the RasterPropMonitor pre-release for 1.2.x (version 0.28.0b4), and ModuleManager (version 2.7.3). They still don't show with the filters. I don't know how to upload the logs, but I could copy them into a spoiler if they are needed.

RasterPropMonitor does not use Hullcam VDS effects/filters.  All RPM does is allow the Hullcam models to be used as "cameras" for RPM.

9 minutes ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

@linuxgurugamer Since my "dirty fix" shader bundle works on OSX too I've implemented little piece of code to choose bundle depending on platform (in pull request). Unfortunately it still requires some work when re-building and distributing these bundles with builds. :(

I'll look at it tomorrow.

Are there any instructions regarding the rebuilding & distribution?

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll look at it tomorrow.

Are there any instructions regarding the rebuilding & distribution?

Actually nothing special, as you can build them once (since shaders are not changed every time, I believe :)) and then just copy into release. But when you need to build it again, you need to build separate bundles for every platform since it is the way Unity works these days. I just changed BuildTarget.StandaloneWindows in CreateAssetBundles.cs to StandaloneOSXUniversal and StandaloneLinuxUniversal to build these bundles.

Ah, and you need to use Unity 5.4*. I've tried earlier version and it just doesn't work for unknown reason.

Edited by ThirdOfSeven

On 11/11/2016 at 4:21 PM, ThirdOfSeven said:

Actually nothing special, as you can build them once (since shaders are not changed every time, I believe :)) and then just copy into release. But when you need to build it again, you need to build separate bundles for every platform since it is the way Unity works these days. I just changed BuildTarget.StandaloneWindows in CreateAssetBundles.cs to StandaloneOSXUniversal and StandaloneLinuxUniversal to build these bundles.

Ah, and you need to use Unity 5.4*. I've tried earlier version and it just doesn't work for unknown reason.

Released 0.1.5, with your updates. 

Please test, thanks

On windows with 0.1.5 I get black screens with the hc_navcam and hc_booster but aerocam seems to work.

EDIT...

Decided to, you know, actually bother to check my log file, thought I might make the effort.

Does this help?

[LOG 20:01:52.237] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MovieTime' from assembly 'HullCamera'
[LOG 20:01:52.264] Shader Custom/MovieTime is loaded
[LOG 20:01:52.265] 1 shader is null
[LOG 20:01:52.266] MovieTime: LoadTextureFile exception: Could not find file "C:\Games\KSP\KSP_Real\GameData\HullCameraVDS\Textures\dockingdisplay".

It's windows 7/64, if that makes a difference.  The docking port cameras _do_ also seem to be black.

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace

8 hours ago, mcortez said:

I am getting similar results with my docking port cams -- black screens on activate.  Also Windows 7/64bit -- although I run KSP as 32.

It can help, maybe: try to rename HullcameraVDS/Resources/shaders.bundle to shaders.windows (replace it). It seems still resting in .zip file and it is bundle from previous version.

If it does, then, probably, I've compiled .windows one wrong way.

15 hours ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

It can help, maybe: try to rename HullcameraVDS/Resources/shaders.bundle to shaders.windows (replace it). It seems still resting in .zip file and it is bundle from previous version.

If it does, then, probably, I've compiled .windows one wrong way.

That seems to have fixed it for me.

@linuxgurugamer It seems like there need to be four shader bundles - Win DirectX, Win OpenGL, OSX, Linux...
You can replace shaders.windows in next release with older shaders.bundle, as, I think, people don't use opengl on Windows.
I can't test it on Windows to make permanent fix patch for both OpenGL and DirectX case :(

2 hours ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

@linuxgurugamer It seems like there need to be four shader bundles - Win DirectX, Win OpenGL, OSX, Linux...
You can replace shaders.windows in next release with older shaders.bundle, as, I think, people don't use opengl on Windows.
I can't test it on Windows to make permanent fix patch for both OpenGL and DirectX case :(

Ok.  Your shaders for Windows OpenGL aren't working, i'll have to rebuild them myself

Edited by linuxgurugamer