[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

I am having an issue where I can place cameras and they exist, but when I right click to try to activate them, nothing appears. I am new to this mod and may be just getting the file directories messed up.

The mods I have currently installed ARE ModuleManager, KerBalloons, SpaceDock, and HullCam.

I am running this on a Windows 10 PC at 64x.

Any help/troubleshooting would be much appreciated! -Super

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ummm, duh!  I'm tired.

You don't right-click to activate, try hitting the - key (minus) to cycle through them.

Hmmm -- Not working. I have power sources and control objects hooked up, but it doesn't seem to do anything besides the normal keybinding (Zoom out)

42 minutes ago, SuperBuilder said:

Hmmm -- Not working. I have power sources and control objects hooked up, but it doesn't seem to do anything besides the normal keybinding (Zoom out)

From the posted log, you appear to have installed the source archive rather than the built version of the mod with the necessary compiled DLL.  You need to download the compiled version (as linked in the first post of this thread) and install that, having first deleted the existing subdirectory branch, which is currently at at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HullcamVDSContinued-master  

1 hour ago, Roxette said:

From the posted log, you appear to have installed the source archive rather than the built version of the mod with the necessary compiled DLL.  You need to download the compiled version (as linked in the first post of this thread) and install that, having first deleted the existing subdirectory branch, which is currently at at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HullcamVDSContinued-master  

Ah! Thanks, that fixed it! Thank you!!! :D

@linuxgurugamer  i have a suggestion for a future feature which should not be hard to add. when KSP updated to version 1.2. they updated the unity engine to 5.4. unity 5.4 has multi monitor support. it would be cool if you could display different camera views on different monitors. i found this which might help http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39618597/unity3d-displaying-different-scenes-on-multiple-monitors/39622756#39622756.

Edited by rocketstrong

8 hours ago, rocketstrong said:

@linuxgurugamer  i have a suggestion for a future feature which should not be hard to add. when KSP updated to version 1.2. they updated the unity engine to 5.4. unity 5.4 has multi monitor support. it would be cool if you could display different camera views on different monitors. i found this which might help http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39618597/unity3d-displaying-different-scenes-on-multiple-monitors/39622756#39622756.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't have time for it now.  I put it in a new issue on Github so I won't lose track of it.

@linuxgurugamer

I am having troubles getting the cameras to be used. They are parts but they have no actual properties or things to use. I am on MAC.

Where do I find the log so I can send it to you? (You can tell me the window's location as I have a window's as well.)

I have the compiled version, Mechjeb and module manager. 

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Qball said:

I am on MAC.

Open Console (in Apps/Utilities probably) then select "~/Library" in the sidebar, scroll towards bottom, choose unity and you should see "player.log" I usually just duplicate the log and use DropCanvas to create a URL

When mentioning a forum user ( @Qball ) You should see a drop list of users as you type. Make sure you select one or it won't work/be blue.

Welcome to The Forums :cool:

42 minutes ago, Gianni1122 said:

Open Console (in Apps/Utilities probably) then select "~/Library" in the sidebar, scroll towards bottom, choose unity and you should see "player.log" I usually just duplicate the log and use DropCanvas to create a URL

When mentioning a forum user ( @Qball ) You should see a drop list of users as you type. Make sure you select one or it won't work/be blue.

Welcome to The Forums :cool:

We solved his problem last night.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

With the last Update I have tons of entrys in my Log:

[EXC 23:43:42.785] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex)
    HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target)

After leaving a Hullcam or also a "Camera Tools" cam the focus is on the root part, not on the center of mass. When one right clicks the root part it officially says "Reset Camera", which is an indicator, that it's focused on the root part. It would be nice, if leaving a hull cam gets back to the normal, unfocussed center of mass view.

"Camera Focus Changer" goes back to the normal center of mass view when unfocussing. So maybe a point for a comparison.

Edited by Rob2222

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 8:11 PM, Rob2222 said:

After leaving a Hullcam or also a "Camera Tools" cam the focus is on the root part, not on the center of mass. When one right clicks the root part it officially says "Reset Camera", which is an indicator, that it's focused on the root part. It would be nice, if leaving a hull cam gets back to the normal, unfocussed center of mass view.

"Camera Focus Changer" goes back to the normal center of mass view when unfocussing. So maybe a point for a comparison.

I have run across this also. A minor annoyance.

I'm actually here to inquire about documentation. I can't seem to find any, none which answers my question anyway. I have a question about the 'Ordan Industrial KOMMAND-R Pictozoom 2000' telescope. Most of the features are self-explanatory, but I'm at a loss for the following:

"Cycle Wheel Mode"
and
"Toggle RW"
Discovered that this 'toggle reaction wheels'.

These items are present in the list of options when assigning Action Group keys. Any ideas?

Edit: Discovered after a little trial and error. The other is still outstanding, as I don't see any difference in toggling the mode.

Edited by LordFerret
some discovery

On 1/2/2017 at 10:13 PM, LordFerret said:

I have run across this also. A minor annoyance.

I'm actually here to inquire about documentation. I can't seem to find any, none which answers my question anyway. I have a question about the 'Ordan Industrial KOMMAND-R Pictozoom 2000' telescope. Most of the features are self-explanatory, but I'm at a loss for the following:

"Cycle Wheel Mode"
and
"Toggle RW"
Discovered that this 'toggle reaction wheels'.

These items are present in the list of options when assigning Action Group keys. Any ideas?

Edit: Discovered after a little trial and error. The other is still outstanding, as I don't see any difference in toggling the mode.

please make an issue about this on Github, thanks

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:51 PM, Cheesecake said:

Hey

With the last Update I have tons of entrys in my Log:

@linuxgurugamer I'm also getting my log spammed with this:

[EXC 15:55:48.210] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex)
 HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target)

All the cameras seem to work fine though, here's my log file anyway http://www.filedropper.com/ksplog hope it helps :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, DelTheAnji said:

Doesn't work.

It just.. it doesn't work for me.

The cameras are installed into the game, but no matter what I press it won't go to the freaking cameras and it's annoying me so much

Please respond

Sounds like you may not have ModuleManager installed.

Please verify, then post a link to the log file

Any idea what this issue caused:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

There are thousands of this entrys in my log. And sometimes KSP crashed.

52 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Any idea what this issue caused:
There are thousands of this entrys in my log. And sometimes KSP crashed.

Can you remember, how do you used HullCam? Or what you have done with it in that run? Was it on a part that moved out of physics range?