[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer  May I ask to bump cams to the average space-worthy 2500 (K) value as they are all currently at 1200K (with exception of launchcam), so that descend like this (around T minus 5:10) would be less to worry about? Thank you!

Edit: This is the ModuleManager patch, in case anyone wants to increase it

// bumps camera heat resistance to 2500, which a value of non-inline-able/sticking-out stock space parts.

@PART[aerocam*]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[hc_booster]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[hc_kazzelblad]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[hc_navcam]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[hc_nightvision]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[hc_scicam]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[hc_wideangle]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[hullcam_hubbazoot]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[MSIKerbPro]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

@PART[Telescope]:NEEDS[HullCameraVDS]
{
 @maxTemp = 2500
}

Edited by Kerbal101
added script.

"Through the Eyes of a Kerbal" just uses the 'C' key to toggle the view (or make it immersive - only First Person View at all).

How about that - instead of right-clicking the Kerbal just press 'C' ?

Edited by Gordon Dry
brain fart typo

• 3 weeks later...

Two minor feature requests:

1)  Remember previous camera settings  - When I deactivate the camera view by pressing backspace, the view defaults to a highly zoomed out view.  I then have to zoom in with the scroll wheel to get back to a useful viewpoint.  It would be nice if the mod could remember your previous camara state (angle, zoom, focus etc.)  so that when exiting Hullcam view it returns to the 3rd person view you had before.

2)  Docking cam set as target -  If I use set as target option on the right click menu of a docking port, I no longer get distance or relative velocity readouts.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2017 at 7:37 PM, TheScienceGuy120 said:

Hello. I am a big fan of this mod, and I really like using the cameras that this mod has to offer. However, I do have a suggestion: If you could figure out a way to add a contract for taking pictures of Kerbin and other planets and moons and transmit/return them to Kerbin, that would be awesome.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:38 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmmm.  Making a picture of something science would do the trick, but I don't know how (yet).  I'll add this to an enhancement request on Github

L-Tech has the ability to allow cameras to take photos of things

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Anyone ever have an issue with the FOV marker not lining up to the camera lens? (See picture below for clarification) It only seems to be an issue with the Wide Angle Camera and once viewing through RPM or manually activating the camera, it takes the perspective of the fov indicator.

https://imgur.com/a/4qc6b

Edited by Sharp12

On 19. 9. 2017 at 1:37 AM, TheScienceGuy120 said:

Hello. I am a big fan of this mod, and I really like using the cameras that this mod has to offer. However, I do have a suggestion: If you could figure out a way to add a contract for taking pictures of Kerbin and other planets and moons and transmit/return them to Kerbin, that would be awesome.

Hi, then i highly suggest Tarsier Space Technology. It does exactly what you're looking for. It has two telescope parts and a contract pack for taking pictures in exchange for science points. It even adds galaxies to the skybox and you can take pictures of them.

https://spacedock.info/mod/143/Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies Continued...

However the camera can get a bit shaky when taking pictures of very distant objects no matter if you use Tarsiesr or Hullcam VDS. In such a case i recommend using an extremely eccentric polar orbit with periapsis just above Kerbins atmosphere and the apoapsis as close to the edge of Kerbins SOI as possible. In such an orbit you'll get extremely low speeds at the apoapsis (as low as 1.2 to 1.5 m/s) and this greatly reduces the shakiness. And if you make the orbit polar you'll always have a clear view of your target from the apoapsis.

And as a bonus the TST adds also a ChemCam for surface experiments.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a lot to ask, but would it be possible to have a back-tracked version to 1.1? If this would take a lot of effort, then just ignore this post, I simply ask because I have 23 mods installed and I don't want to have to update all of them for this one mod, which is awesome and I can't find any alternatives for.

Thanks, even if you don't do it :)

7 hours ago, Kaz_Online said:

I know it's a lot to ask, but would it be possible to have a back-tracked version to 1.1? If this would take a lot of effort, then just ignore this post, I simply ask because I have 23 mods installed and I don't want to have to update all of them for this one mod, which is awesome and I can't find any alternatives for.

Thanks, even if you don't do it :)

No, sorry.  Check the old versions

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to have the camera renders on different UIs so we can stay on an active vessel without the need of switching to see the different cameras.

I think it would very cool to have like a "security camera" from a supermarket. Where you can have access to the view of different cameras at the same time.