cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
	    cameraPosition = 0, 0.0, 0
	    cameraFoVMax = 60
	    cameraFoVMin = 60
	    cameraMode = 1

}
}

The line you want to adjust is cameraPosition

and, i would suspect that the middle number needs to be adjusted just a bit.

Hi!  Could you use this to adjust where the camera is on a kerbal, for the first person view, to say just behind them? Say for a fixed third person POV?

Also, if you wanted all cameras do be off by default, would you change the patch (or MM patch it) to cameraMode = 0?

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit
Added another question

4 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi!  Could you use this to adjust where the camera is on a kerbal, for the first person view, to say just behind them? Say for a fixed third person POV?

Also, if you wanted all cameras do be off by default, would you change the patch (or MM patch it) to cameraMode = 0?

Peace.

You probably could, and yes, I believe the cameramode would do it

Ello ello, it is I the poster of logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

I found this little bunch:

Spoiler

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/aerocam/part/aerocam'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader Warning: Variable impactTolerance not found in Part

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/aerocam/part/aerocam180'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_booster/part/hc_booster'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_kazzelblad/part/hc_kazzelblad'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_launchcam/part/hc_launchcam'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_navcam/part/hc_navcam'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_nightvision/part/hc_nightvision'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_scicam/part/hc_scicam'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_wideangle/part/hc_wideangle'

PartLoader: Cannot replace model texture with 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_wideangle/textures/model000'

Would you be so kind as to take a look at this for me?

I also found this:

Spoiler

MovieTime: LoadTextureFile exception: Could not find file "C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\HullCameraVDS\Textures\dockingdisplay".

Edited by Apaseall

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2018 at 12:37 PM, Apaseall said:

Ello ello, it is I the poster of logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

I found this little bunch:

Hide contents

From what I can tell impactTolerance is a member of ModuleWheels.ModuleWheelDamage Class Reference while crashTolerance is a member of Part Class Reference.

Hence, the variable is not found.  You should be able to delete this line in the .cfg file for the associated part.

@linuxgurugamer, Imma open an issue and change those configs.

Edited by TranceaddicT

6 hours ago, teensarlacc said:

is there an option to record with hullcams? that would make a cool cinematic experience.

Also, in case you meant you wanted to fly around in normal view while the hullcams recorded their view, the answer would still be no and there also aren't any other mods/tools that would do this. BDArmory does have the ability to display views of other cameras (like an air-to-ground targeting camera) in a window, but I'm not sure if that window can be resized and the HUD removed - plus it would just cover up the rest of your interface :P there have been mods that use multi-screen but don't know if they would be compatible with this.

New release, 0.1.9.9:

• Fixed the KSC Launchpad Camera so it now is there
  • Removed the obsolete impactTolerance variable
  • Thanks to @Gordon Dry for this:  
    • patch to avoid the EVA cam to be added when the mod ThroughTheEyes is already installed.
  • Simplified the kerbalEVA patch 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 10:06 PM, captainb said:

2)  Docking cam set as target -  If I use set as target option on the right click menu of a docking port, I no longer get distance or relative velocity readouts.

Is it a bug, of feachure?

[EXC 09:25:13.057] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex)
    HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target)

anybody ever find a solution to the log spam? 

everything else seems to work fine. 

this is .016 for 1.2.2

36 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

[EXC 09:25:13.057] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex)
    HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target)

anybody ever find a solution to the log spam? 

everything else seems to work fine. 

this is .016 for 1.2.2

That is a very old version, I don't support that.

I think the current version is pretty much null-ref free, but it's for 1.5 and 1.4

On 7/26/2017 at 3:06 PM, captainb said:

Two minor feature requests:

1)  Remember previous camera settings  - When I deactivate the camera view by pressing backspace, the view defaults to a highly zoomed out view.  I then have to zoom in with the scroll wheel to get back to a useful viewpoint.  It would be nice if the mod could remember your previous camara state (angle, zoom, focus etc.)  so that when exiting Hullcam view it returns to the 3rd person view you had before.

Hi linuxgurugamer, I didn't see a reply to this suggestion and was wondering if it is possible and if so, whether you would consider it?

On 11/21/2018 at 3:39 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.9.10

• Fixed nullref when using the equals sign and at the end of the list of cameras.
  • Added code to allow a docking node to be a target and have the docking info displayed on the docking camera

Thank you very mutch! You are the best!

There is some trouble.. when docking performed the velocity readouts are not desappearing.

Edited by GRAleX
found problem

Hey there, a small nuisance I've noticed: The Mk2 inline docking port seems to have it's camera upside down. Haven't tested the Mk1, but I think it's worth to take a look as well.

I think it's just a matter of changing some numbers on the cfg files, I just don't know which.

On 11/25/2018 at 6:22 PM, Vegetal said:

Hey there, a small nuisance I've noticed: The Mk2 inline docking port seems to have it's camera upside down. Haven't tested the Mk1, but I think it's worth to take a look as well.

I think it's just a matter of changing some numbers on the cfg files, I just don't know which.

Are you referring to the Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron?  If so, then there isn't any up/down to it.

I also tested the Inline Clamp-O-Tron, the cameras for both of these are set the same way.

See these pictures:

XqFPZTg.png

And here are the camera views:

jOy3oHp.png

48N0JU5.png