[1.11.1] Hullcam VDS Continued

linuxgurugamer

23 minutes ago, marioq70 said:

Indeed, that one. :P

I did some tests:

a) Clean Install, New Sandbox game (So i can see all the parts), with latest HullCameraVDS and latest ModuleManager= All cameras are there.

b) Same install and game, with HullCameraVDS, ModuleManager, RPM + ASET props = only "Basic Hull Camera Deluxe" aka "Cardbox Camera" is showed, and is not working with RPM.

Conclusion, is RPM or ASET props wich are not been updated in a while... :(

besides the problem with the cameras, RPM is partially fuctional, with some plugins have issues like ScanSat, but the screens are showed, the attitude sceen have some info flipped... Well, and i dont think RPM will be updated anymore...

Please provide a log file

there were issues with Squad moving a subdirectory for the linearRCS part (which RPM uses as the model for one of its cameras), as well as IIRC, missing bulkheadProfile entries for the RPM camera(s), and an ASET one...

This could be related, as I dont think either mod has been updated with fixes. There should be recent posts detailing fixes in respective threads.

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

there were issues with Squad moving a subdirectory for the linearRCS part (which RPM uses as the model for one of its cameras), as well as IIRC, missing bulkheadProfile entries for the RPM camera(s), and an ASET one...

This could be related, as I dont think either mod has been updated with fixes. There should be recent posts detailing fixes in respective threads.

None of the parts in HullcamVDS references any Squad part file, texture, etc

1 hour ago, marioq70 said:

Thank you!

Her is it:  KSP log

I'm rather puzzled by what I'm seeing in the log file.  It's unable to compile most of the cameras, due to missing shaders, etc.  Since I know it works normally, it must be another mod changing some of the part files.

This is way outside the mod, but if you post the ModuleManager.ConfigCache, I'll take a look to see if there are any clues

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm rather puzzled by what I'm seeing in the log file.  It's unable to compile most of the cameras, due to missing shaders, etc.  Since I know it works normally, it must be another mod changing some of the part files.

This is way outside the mod, but if you post the ModuleManager.ConfigCache, I'll take a look to see if there are any clues

Here is it:

ModuleManagerConfigCache

Indeed, is only happening with ResterPropMonitor present, even with all my other mods the cameras are shown

PD: I apreciate the time you take to check on this, and i apreciate all your work updating a lot fo mods! Thank You!

Edited by marioq70

On 11/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, marioq70 said:

Indeed, is only happening with ResterPropMonitor present, even with all my other mods the cameras are shown

Man, it just raster prop monitor not working! and creator drop this mod . MOARdV wrote "NOTE: I have stopped developing RasterPropMonitor.  v0.30.6 is the last planned release for RasterPropMonitor.  I am working on a new IVA immersion mod, MOARdV's Avionics Systems.  RPM uses the GPLv3 license, so if you wish to take over development of RPM, please feel free to fork RPM on GitHub." here 

so looks like RPM in 1.8.1 mostly worked, BUT bugs :confused:! each (not text) indicator show information upside down (or mirrored i dunno) ;.;... all depend like scansat ;.;... vesselview ;.;... but i cant just turn ON ///Hullcam VDS Continued. Hullcam VDS is depended from RPM and it created for RPM... so ok it dead mod like vesselview and scansat mapping untill someone take GPLv3  and "feel free to fork RPM on GitHub"...

bugs in RPM looks like here....man, so far it’s better to stay on version 1.7.3 until smart guys like @linuxgurugamer :rep:(who have a lot of other work, but whose work we all value immeasurably) :wink:or someone else can fix such a RPM mod on which a whole package of mods depends

0392ca2491fa.jpg

4bef248387b6.jpg

ps: dude, it’s still easy for you, but I’m generally flying in a "tin can" so RPM is means to me be alife :D

Edited by *MajorTom*

With DPAI's toolbar icon literally coming and going randomly in 1.8.1, I wanted to move to Hullcam since I've gotten a bead now on orbital maneuvering at close range, thanks to lots of DPAI work.

I'm using MacOS and have installed the entire mod manually and believe ModuleManager is in place.

But there doesn't seem to be a general tutorial/readme on how to use the various cameras beyond activating one with "-" and "+".

Some quick questions:

• Which cameras activate the docking port view with the alignment crosshairs?
  • How is the docking range/range rate display brought up in docking mode?
  • Where should the cameras be placed for docking mode?
  • How is docking mode activated? I've placed a camera just on the exterior of a pod, next to the docking port, then attempted a rendezvous with a selected docking target. No joy. I just see the exterior view exactly where the camera is placed.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

first Thanks for picking up this mod LinuxGuru!  This my top quality of life mod! Been using it for a while.  Mainly for the docking port camera.

Been having a issue with this mod not working as of the new ksp version. . Several of the cameras just show black. To check I installed it on a clean version of KSP 1.8.1 with both DLCs.  Have ModuleManger 4.1.3 installed.  Nothing else. Still have the same issue.   

I created a vessel with all of the cameras on it and the following camera names showed black.

hull
nav cam
booster cam aft/forward
kazzelblad?
nightvision

I'm stumped on to what the issue might be.   This is my first time requesting help with a mod so I if I left out anything just let me know. 

Here is what I see on the black only camera.  ie the docking port cam

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y5rv7lf7iowsbl/Screenshot_2019-12-25_18-57-17.png?dl=0

Link to my KSP log below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rrp7ye5thxz852/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks!!

16 hours ago, lineofsite said:

Hi,

first Thanks for picking up this mod LinuxGuru!  This my top quality of life mod! Been using it for a while.  Mainly for the docking port camera.

Been having a issue with this mod not working as of the new ksp version. . Several of the cameras just show black. To check I installed it on a clean version of KSP 1.8.1 with both DLCs.  Have ModuleManger 4.1.3 installed.  Nothing else. Still have the same issue.   

I created a vessel with all of the cameras on it and the following camera names showed black.

hull
nav cam
booster cam aft/forward
kazzelblad?
nightvision

I'm stumped on to what the issue might be.   This is my first time requesting help with a mod so I if I left out anything just let me know. 

Here is what I see on the black only camera.  ie the docking port cam

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y5rv7lf7iowsbl/Screenshot_2019-12-25_18-57-17.png?dl=0

Link to my KSP log below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rrp7ye5thxz852/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks!!

That should be enough to figure it out.  May be a shader issue, will look at it this evening

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for keeping these mods up to date!

I'm having a problem with some of the parts not loading. I think it is this mod, I do have other minor errors popping up in other places. I try to open a save and it warns me that hc.navcam and a few other parts ive used (hc.xxxx) aren't their and the craft that use them wont work.

[ERR 18:49:47.500] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 18:49:47.500] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_navcam/part/hc_navcam'
[EXC 18:49:47.506] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
    UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    JSI.JSIExternalCameraSelector..cctor () (at <7709c28c56774c8aaae82c97d20bb45d>:0)
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'JSI.JSIExternalCameraSelector' threw an exception.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    Part:AddModule(String, Boolean)
    Part:AddModule(ConfigNode, Boolean)
    PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
    <CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[EXC 18:49:47.507] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PartModule.Awake () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
[ERR 18:49:47.507] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModule.ApplyUpgradeNode (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] appliedUps, ConfigNode node, System.Boolean doLoad) [0x00029] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x000f9] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at Part.AddModule (ConfigNode node, System.Boolean forceAwake) [0x0006f] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (UrlDir+UrlConfig urlConfig, ConfigNode node) [0x00e3f] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext () [0x005cd] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 

[ERR 18:49:47.507] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 18:49:47.507] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HullCameraVDS/Parts/hc_nightvision/part/hc_nightvision'
[EXC 18:49:47.513] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
    UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    JSI.JSIExternalCameraSelector..cctor () (at <7709c28c56774c8aaae82c97d20bb45d>:0)
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'JSI.JSIExternalCameraSelector' threw an exception.
[EXC 18:49:47.514] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PartModule.Awake () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)

here's my full log if I didn't get the right part here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzfoj7xVsr-0k0vROBqV08CLG-sZQndK/view?usp=sharing

Edited by kirmie44

16 hours ago, kirmie44 said:

I'm having a problem with some of the parts not loading.

@kirmie44 I believe this is RPM's fault - I've opened an issue here for tracking and I think it'll be fixed in the next RPM release.

Er, actually it looks like you're using RPM v0.17....that's *ancient*.  Just updating to my v0.31 might fix this: 

Edited by JonnyOThan

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

actually it looks like you're using RPM v0.17....that's *ancient*.  Just updating to my v0.31 might fix this: 

lol, that's what I get for trying to switch computers with all my dlc. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, cameronisher3 said:

are smaller cameras on the way? or even the ability to tweakscale the cameras? i find cameras like the wide angle are just too big for use with rockets from BDB and tundra exploration. something the size of the external radial mount camera from jsi would be a blessing

There are smaller cameras.  This mod is in a maintenance mode, no further work is planned

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have encountered a bug that I am having a hard time working around, I know this won't effect many people but is there a way you could look at it?

Put two cameras on a vessel.  Open and pin both the right click menus.  Activate one camera and then activate the other camera without deactivating the first one.  It gets stuck and I can't get it to change at all from that point.  Using the keyboard commands override that state and reset things back to normal.   

I have made a camera control script for one of my MFDs and if the active camera is on a part that gets detached from the main vessel, then kOS has no way to interface with it anymore.   

OdGHPVg.png

Edited by eberkain

On 1/29/2019 at 8:39 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

cameraForward = 0, 1, 0

cameraUp = 0, 0, -1

cameraPosition = 0, 0, 0

I'm playing around with Tantares and the docking cam settings. With the "default" settings I borrowed from earlier in the thread I can get the cameras to work but they are behind the docking probes. I need to move it forward ahead of the probe or off to one side. What are the measurements and directions from the config so I am not flailing about randomly? Once I understand that I bet I could get the periscopes and star trackers to act as navcams, too.

14 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I'm playing around with Tantares and the docking cam settings. With the "default" settings I borrowed from earlier in the thread I can get the cameras to work but they are behind the docking probes. I need to move it forward ahead of the probe or off to one side. What are the measurements and directions from the config so I am not flailing about randomly? Once I understand that I bet I could get the periscopes and star trackers to act as navcams, too.

You want to play with the cameraPosition.  Only change one number at a time, and use small values, like 0.1 to see how things change.  Hard to say beyond this because which value to change depends on the other settings

Good luck, and if you do it it working, send the settings to me for future incorporation into the mod

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Here a French translation produced by me. It is useful for Frenchies ...

fr-fr
    {
        //PARTS        
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_001 = Aerocam 180
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_002 = Aerocam
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_003 = BoosterCam
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_004 = Kazzelblad 500
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_005 = Caméra de pas de tir
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_006 = NavCam
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_007 = Caméra de vision nocturne
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_008 = Caméra de recherche
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_009 = Caméra grand angle
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_010 = Caméra extérieure de luxe
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_011 = KerbPro
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_012 = Ordan Industrial Pictozoom série 1000
        #autoLOC_HULL_PART_013 = Spectrographe à ouverture variable Ordan Industrial COMMAND-R Pictozoom série 2000

//PART DESCRIPTIONS
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_001 = L'Aerocam est une KerbPro démontée dans un boîtier aérodynamique pour réduire la résistance à l'air. L'image de cette version est reflétée horizontalement, vous n'avez donc pas la sensation de rester à l'envers.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_002 = L'Aerocam est une KerbPro démontée dans un boîtier aérodynamique pour réduire la résistance à l'air.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_003 = La BoosterCam intègre deux caméras dans un boîtier discret et rationnel. N'a pas de valeur ajoutée scientifique, mais est pratique pour le vol.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_004 = Un appareil photo noir et blanc classique polyvalent.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_005 = Cet appareil photo est un vrai poids lourd, mais il offre également un fort grossissement et, plus important encore, il est antidéflagrant pour enregistrer tous vos faux départs.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_006 = La qualité d'image n'est pas très bonne, mais ce petit appareil photo léger est parfait pour contrôler les rovers et les sondes.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_007 = Cet appareil photo offre la meilleure vue même par nuit noire. Pas très utile par une journée ensoleillée.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_008 = Cet appareil photo est principalement destiné à des fins scientifiques, mais est également un bon appareil polyvalent.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_009 = Cet appareil photo a été spécialement conçu pour les prises de vue grand angle.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_010 = Un appareil photo standard, fait de carton de haute qualité et de ruban adhésif.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_011 = La KerbPro est une caméra extrêmement robuste et est principalement utilisée pour divers sports (extrêmes). Le programme spatial Kerbal voulait savoir s'il pouvait également être utilisé comme caméra sur des fusées ... le temps nous le dira.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_012 = Jeb jouait avec cet appareil photo et a actionné "accidentellement" un levier intitulé "NE PAS TOUCHER". Cela a été suivi de quelques images troublantes et considérablement agrandies des yeux paniqués de Bill. Peu de temps après, les deux ont décidé que cet appareil photo ferait aussi bien office de télescope.
        #autoLOC_HULL_DESC_013 = Après que Jeb a reçu un avertissement pour son comportement imprudent (on ne lui a pas donné de boîte de boisson à l'heure du déjeuner), les ingénieurs ont dû développer un télescope modulaire et plus robuste pour inspecter les Kerbonautes à distance.

//MANUFACTURER
        #autoLOC_HULL_MANU_001 = Magic Smoke Industries
        #autoLOC_HULL_MANU_002 = Maniacal Mallard Industries
        #autoLOC_HULL_MANU_003 = Multiversal Mechatronics
        #autoLOC_HULL_MANU_004 = Ordan Industrial en collaboration avec Probodobodyne
        #autoLOC_HULL_MANU_005 = Ordan Industrial

//CAMERA NAME (PartModule)
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_001 = Aerocam 180
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_002 = Aerocam
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_003 = BoosterCam arrière
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_004 = BoosterCam avant
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_005 = KazzelBlad
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_006 = Caméra de pas de tir
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_007 = NavCam
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_008 = Caméra de vision nocturne
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_009 = Caméra de recherche
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_010 = Caméra grand angle
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_011 = Coque extérieure
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_012 = KerbPro
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_013 = Pictozoom 1000
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_014 = Pictozoom 2000
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_015 = Protège-objectif ouvert
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_016 = Protège-objectif fermé
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_017 = Changer la protection de l'objectif
        #autoLOC_HULL_PM_018 = EVACam

//EVENTS
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_001 = Activer la caméra
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_002 = Désactiver la caméra
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_003 = Caméra disponible
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_004 = Caméra indisponible
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_005 = Caméra suivante
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_006 = Caméra précédente
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_007 = Zoom avant
        #autoLOC_HULL_EVT_008 = Zoom arrière

//SCREEN MESSAGES
        #autoLOC_HULL_MSG_001 = Point de contrôle d'origine
        #autoLOC_HULL_MSG_002 = Point de contrôle restauré à
        #autoLOC_HULL_MSG_003 = Point de contrôle changé en
        #autoLOC_HULL_MSG_004 = Changer de caméra
        #autoLOC_HULL_MSG_005 = Sur le vaisseau spatial

//DOCKING CAM
        #autoLOC_HULL_DOCK_001 = Cible
        #autoLOC_HULL_DOCK_002 = Vitesse relative
    }

Hi @linuxgurugamer

A request please

I was wondering whether there could be some synergy between another mod you have adopted and this one.

Could there be a camera that tracks a target, so that a launch camera would follow the rocket up, a flyby of a ground base would track the base, or vice versa from the base to the flyby, or a camera on the lander would track the Kerbal fossick around.

Let us know what you think. This would be amazing :)

Thanks for all your work.  Safe safe and healthy wherever you are based.

Peace.