[1.9.x] QuizTech Aero Pack Continued

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer This mod got me to enjoy the plane side of KSP again. Thanks for maintaining this.

I found a great and simple mod by @Diazo that I now use for VTOL crafts. When you want to change your thrust limit back to 100% after a vertical takeoff, you can set action groups for specific engine thrust limiters (without having to right click and adjust the sliders mid flight)

59 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

for your VTOL have you looked at Throttle Controlled Avionics?  it is the final word in VTOL mods as far as I can tell.

I did it but I found it too complex for what I was looking for. I only needed a quick way to switch between a VTOL setup with balanced lower thrust limits to a full throttle no limit horizontal thrust setup and with ModActions, I can do that with one or two action group keys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with the VTOL switching engines.

When I toggle them from regular engines, to VTOL, they loop. They keep going down, and back straight, and back down ... ad nauseam. They work fine in jet mode, but as soon as I toggle them to point down, they initiate that loop. Anyone else run into this?

56 minutes ago, IraqiWalker said:

I'm having a problem with the VTOL switching engines.

When I toggle them from regular engines, to VTOL, they loop. They keep going down, and back straight, and back down ... ad nauseam. They work fine in jet mode, but as soon as I toggle them to point down, they initiate that loop. Anyone else run into this?

@IraqiWalker Yes but not in the context of this mod. This animation looping is a firespitter problem. Try deleting the temporary data in the plugin folder (everything but the dll) to get rid of that. If that doesn't help reinstall firespitter fresh. It solved the problem for me on B9-Aerospace.

On 12/1/2016 at 10:16 PM, Flashblade said:

@IraqiWalker Yes but not in the context of this mod. This animation looping is a firespitter problem. Try deleting the temporary data in the plugin folder (everything but the dll) to get rid of that. If that doesn't help reinstall firespitter fresh. It solved the problem for me on B9-Aerospace.

Thank you. I'll try that, and see if it solves the problem for me

@linuxgurugamer Would an electric powered "Phoenix" VTOL wing that uses intakeAtm be a possible addition (maybe with integrated batteries/solar panels)

and what about a winglet sized version that functions as an atmospheric RCS with a small control surface so we could increase the stabillity aswell as the maneuverabillity of VTOL planes?

6 hours ago, Baybrawler said:

Any word on 1.2.2? Does it work with this mod? Also, just found this thread after months of wanting this mod again, it used to be #1 on my must have mods list! Thanks!

It should work without a problem

17 hours ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

@linuxgurugamer Would an electric powered "Phoenix" VTOL wing that uses intakeAtm be a possible addition (maybe with integrated batteries/solar panels)

and what about a winglet sized version that functions as an atmospheric RCS with a small control surface so we could increase the stabillity aswell as the maneuverabillity of VTOL planes?

I'm maintaining this mod, not really adding to it.  I'm not a modeler, so if someone else wanted to make the model, I'd consider adding it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having a problem with both the k-35B and the Mk-1 Razor VTOL engines whereby when in VTOL mode they do not lock in place and keep resetting,

meaning I cannot VTOL, any ideas for the cause and/or any rectifications??

Thanks

16 hours ago, Adz said:

Hi,

I am having a problem with both the k-35B and the Mk-1 Razor VTOL engines whereby when in VTOL mode they do not lock in place and keep resetting,

meaning I cannot VTOL, any ideas for the cause and/or any rectifications??

Thanks

Log file, please

46 minutes ago, Adz said:

Sorry to sound stupid, but where is it...

To find your log file:

• Windows (32-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log. Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: See ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

To find your log file:

• Windows (32-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Windows (64-bit): See {KSP}\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log. Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: See ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

Here it is, soory could find how to add as an attachment...

Moderator note: @Adz, that file is too large for our forum and has been deleted. Please upload it to a filesharing site such as dropbox and post the link for it here instead. 

44 minutes ago, Adz said:

Here it is, soory could find how to add as an attachment...

Moderator note: @Adz, that file is too large for our forum and has been deleted. Please upload it to a filesharing site such as dropbox and post the link for it here instead. 

@Adz In case you didn't get it, see the above

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.