[1.9.x] QuizTech Aero Pack Continued

linuxgurugamer

58 minutes ago, dxeh said:

Any idea why my "Cyclone" VTOL Lifter Section does not want to close it's hatches?!

I’m not a mind reader, without any other information such as a log file, I can say anything other than make sure you have the dependencies installed:

following are required:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, YeetBoi said:

why exactly is firespitter required for the mod? i don't want to use the parts it offers. I have too many already. and i dont want it to ruin my career stuff either. can i delete the parts from the mod?

Yeah, I agree... I prefer not to use FS, and convert old mods over to B9 PartSwitch as much as possible.

But in your case, right now, you can just grab the plugin-only version of FS. There are seperate download links for just the plugin, and the whole mod (inc. plugin *and* parts).
OR, you can grab the whole mod, and yes, delete everything but the plugin and associated folders/files.
QuizTech only uses the plugin.

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

Regarding that: I do not get any slider though

To toggle deploy limit

Spoiler

// K-35B.cfg v1.0.0.0
// VoidCosmos's Personal Patches
// created: 2020 03 19
// updated: 2020 03 19

@PART[K-35B]:NEEDS[QuizTechAeroContinued]:AFTER[QuizTechAeroContinued]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowDeployLimit = true // default is false
		%deployPercent = 50 // normal = 100 (float)
	}
}

// GPLv2
// zer0Kerbal

maybe this.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

2 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:
  Reveal hidden contents

// K-35B.cfg v1.0.0.0
// VoidCosmos's Personal Patches
// created: 2020 03 19
// updated: 2020 03 19

@PART[K-35B]:NEEDS[QuizTechAeroContinued]:AFTER[QuizTechAeroContinued]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowDeployLimit = true // default is false
		%deployPercent = 50 // normal = 100 (float)
	}
}

// GPLv2
// zer0Kerbal

maybe this.

Oh thanks!

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Psyfer said:

The Spacedock link states that Quiztech's not compatible with 1.9, is there any chance of a mod update?  This was always one of my favourite KSP mods.

Spacedock's "not compatible" is a poorly worded automatic comment based upon information from when the mod was last uploaded.  Compatibility can exist across point releases and even main releases, depending on what changed in KSP and what the mod does.

@linuxgurugamer, is there any way that comment can be changed to something more helpful, like "Caution: Mod uploaded for a previous KSP version.  Check the KSP forum topic for compatibility."

7 hours ago, Jacke said:

Spacedock's "not compatible" is a poorly worded automatic comment based upon information from when the mod was last uploaded.  Compatibility can exist across point releases and even main releases, depending on what changed in KSP and what the mod does.

@linuxgurugamer, is there any way that comment can be changed to something more helpful, like "Caution: Mod uploaded for a previous KSP version.  Check the KSP forum topic for compatibility."

First, i updated Spacedock for this mod.

Second, don't ask me, contact the Spacedock people, I have nothing to do with it

Thank you for the help, it's odd that KSP isn't recognising it as compatible either (I realise that I made an error with the initial version, the version on my computer is 1.9.1.2788, I don't know if that changes anything).  I apologise if I'm covering old ground here, I haven't done much with KSP in years and I'm not sure where everything is at.

43 minutes ago, Psyfer said:

...the version on my computer is 1.9.1.2788....

The last number in a full KSP version quad is a number that increments throughout all KSP versions, shown either as 4 or 5 digits.  Here's the last few.

2020 Feb 27 Thu		KSP 1.9.1.02788
2020 Feb 12 Wed		KSP 1.9.0.02781
2019 Oct 29 Tue		KSP 1.8.1.02694
2019 Oct 16 Wed		KSP 1.8.0.02686
2019 Jul 10 Wed		KSP 1.7.3.02594

I assume it's an Squad internal version number.  So 02782 through 02787 were used to develop KSP 1.9.1, with 02788 being the release.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.