[1.9.x] QuizTech Aero Pack Continued

linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, Vlakater said:

my game crashing after I start the engines from your mod please help ,im using ksp 1.8.1

9 hours ago, Vlakater said:

Please help why does the propeller with wings part cause my game to CTD ? really love this mod but is there problems with my setup?

A log file would help:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Check that you have the correct version of Firespitter installed.

Better yet, use CKAN to do your installs

• 5 months later...

umm I have a strange problem:

so, for example I have the mod Cold War Aerospace which has for example the Jak-38 VTOL engine with a switch between VTOL and not VTOL. When I download the mod itself, it works, but when I add this mod, the switch doesn't show up anymore, and it is always in VTOL mode. This also happens to the Quiztech inline MK1 VTOL engine. I deleted all parts except the engine parts, could that be the problem?

13 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

so, for example I have the mod Cold War Aerospace which has for example the Jak-38 VTOL engine with a switch between VTOL and not VTOL. When I download the mod itself, it works, but when I add this mod, the switch doesn't show up anymore, and it is always in VTOL mode. This also happens to the Quiztech inline MK1 VTOL engine. I deleted all parts except the engine parts, could that be the problem?

You need to see what, if any, dependencies are listed for both.  It's also possible that patches for one mod is incompatible with the other mod.  I am not familiar with the Cold War Aerospace mod, si can't do much more right now.

17 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

They both use the same dependencies:

BDAnimation and Firespitter.

If you installed them both via CKAN, you should be ok from a plugin point of view.  But there still may be conflicting configs, I don't have time to do a deep analysis of the two

13 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I dont see this engine in Cold War... what is the exact in-game part name of it?

I found that the USSR had a Yak-38, which was VTOL, but the engines were:

• Powerplant: 1 × Tumansky R-28 V-300 Vectored-thrust turbofan engine, 66.7 kN (15,000 lbf) thrust for lift and cruise thrust
  • Powerplant: 2 × Rybinsk RD-38 turbojet engines, 31.9 kN (7,200 lbf) thrust each lift-jets in fwd fuselage behind the cockpit

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

I mean the front turbojet engines for Vertical liftoff and landing

it also happens with other engines like the quiztech 1.25m inline fan engine

I dont know... but QuizTech needs Firespitter to handle all that switching & effects... There doesnt seem to be any patch or MM stuff in QuizTech that refers to Firespitter (the FS stuff is directly emmbedded in the cfgs)... I would see if you have some other mod doing patches for Firespitter that may be interfering or deleting Firespitter stuff from your install... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 year later...

Latest version on CKAN and Spacedock is 1.3.15, but Addon Version Checker keeps telling me I should upgrade to 1.3.15.1.  So... is there a v1.3.15.1?  Or (more likely) is AVC confused, in which case who is the right person to bother about it?  Thx!

43 minutes ago, wreckreation said:

Latest version on CKAN and Spacedock is 1.3.15, but Addon Version Checker keeps telling me I should upgrade to 1.3.15.1.  So... is there a v1.3.15.1?  Or (more likely) is AVC confused, in which case who is the right person to bother about it?  Thx!

No, it's my fault.

I was working on an update, never got it out.

New release, 1.3.15.1

• Thanks to forum user @ColdJ  for these changes:
    • Updated tags in localization configs
    • Tidied up and fixed Twinturbo Afterburner config
    • Added config that adds an afterburner capable version of the K-35B transitioning engine
  • Reformatted all config files to use tabs and standardized indentation
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.