[1.9.x] QuizTech Aero Pack Continued

linuxgurugamer

Hello, I'm not sure if you know of this but the K-35B Mk 2 VTOL Engine does not seem to have the ability to rotate to VTOL mode like it did in previous updates, could you please fix this at some point (Doesn't have to be now, any time :D)

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, RoachKilleh said:

Hello, I'm not sure if you know of this but the K-35B Mk 2 VTOL Engine does not seem to have the ability to rotate to VTOL mode like it did in previous updates, could you please fix this at some point (Doesn't have to be now, any time :D)

Thanks!

Sounds like you have an issue with a mod conflict. The engine functions correctly in my game and I'm wondering if you have the latest firespitter.

small request for a small engine...

I need a ducted fan engine that is powered by only EC, just like the RCS blocks.  and by small I mean .3M or what ever that small hull size is.  the engine needs to run in any atmosphere no need for oxygen.  and be powered by only EC, and generate more thrust that the existing electric propellers.  if I recall these propellers do around 75 to 80 so if this ducted fan could do something like 100 to 120...  but not so powerful it becomes a real "jet"...  I guess the thrust numbers and the power curve etc. would have to be fine tuned to make it fill the gap between the EC propellers, and the smallest jets.

the model is unimportant,  can just reuse one of the stock intake models or something...  I really just need a part file as the one I have been trying to make does not work.  but I see that this mod as well as USI and others do have engines that work on EC and "atmosphere", so I know it is possible

16 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

You need any assistance redoing the metadata for CKAN?  I can do a quick pull and push if you like.

No need, thanks.  

The problem is that there are dependencies which haven't yet been updated for 1.2, of the following RPM is not yet updated officially to 1.2:

"depends" : [
        { "name": "ModuleManager" },
        { "name": "FirespitterCore" },
        { "name": "BDAnimationModules" },
        { "name": "RasterPropMonitor-Core" }
9 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

small request for a small engine...

I need a ducted fan engine that is powered by only EC, just like the RCS blocks.  and by small I mean .3M or what ever that small hull size is.  the engine needs to run in any atmosphere no need for oxygen.  and be powered by only EC, and generate more thrust that the existing electric propellers.  if I recall these propellers do around 75 to 80 so if this ducted fan could do something like 100 to 120...  but not so powerful it becomes a real "jet"...  I guess the thrust numbers and the power curve etc. would have to be fine tuned to make it fill the gap between the EC propellers, and the smallest jets.

the model is unimportant,  can just reuse one of the stock intake models or something...  I really just need a part file as the one I have been trying to make does not work.  but I see that this mod as well as USI and others do have engines that work on EC and "atmosphere", so I know it is possible

Wait for SXT Continued to be released, I'll be releasing a beta this weekend, it has a ducted fan already

Edited by linuxgurugamer

sweet.  I am using it now in the "broken state" so an update will be great lol things like wings not providing lift etc.    but since it was not released for 1.2 I have just been dealing with it.  I will wait to see how the ducted fan will work for my project and then re attack if needed.

I'm just wondering when they will come out with 1.2.1, since there do seem to be a lot of glitch things in the base-line game. 1.0.1 was less than a week after 1.0 (and 1.0.2 the same day as 1.0.1) - if I remember correctly.  Lots of aerodynamic bugs in that one.  This one seems to have a mix of small irritating oddities (like the glitch in parts of the displays, and some of the flight dynamics seem to be a bit off), none of which are game breaking on their own, but they also messing up "vital" mods (like MechJeb is mis-navigating for some folks, or KES is having issues with calculations) - and when you add all those up they are can be enough to put people off from playing.  So I am half-way expecting an update soon if they have enough devs left to actually put out a full patch release with fixes this quickly (since 1.3 seems to be where the new hires are working based on what I have read)

Edited by Murdabenne

I hope so...  while new versions fixing bugs or adding in new things is great, it makes my modded install of KSP impossible to play seriously.  as I see the new version and say "Oh I must have that change in my game" so I delete all the mods and port my save game over.  which of course destroys all my ships, and I am basically starting over until the mods catch up again.  And of course there is always one that never gets updated.  "Yay for Linuxgurugamer" ... keep resurrecting all the old mods that we miss having....

so yes a year or so of buggy SPH/VAB menus I can live with. if I can actually get a mission to Valentine and colonize there I will be happy.

Can this be run without RPM if I don't use IVA, or is there a functional (non-cosmetic) dependency there? I don't usually use the IVA for anything.  I'm more of a "Gene Kranz/Elon Musk" type space program engineer-director player than a "Scott Carpenter/Yuri Gagarin" pilot player.

Edited by Murdabenne

12 hours ago, Lassigamer said:

I don't think all of my mods support 1.2,

Could you just simply port it to 1.1.3 instead?

Please go back and reread the previous pages.  I believe you may not know what you are asking the mod maintainer/coder to do.  Backporting to an older version of the app is not something easily done, nor is it likely to be done at this point by most mods.  The differences between 1.2 and the previous ones in the Unity engine are just too large and complex, and are a lot of work. Its pretty much a one-way journey from 1.2

I suggest you do what the rest of us are doing: play the new version, and be patient for your mods to update, or else pitch in and help upgrade the ones you want.  Don't ask a maintainer (who is unpaid, doing this on his/her own time) to do something that is a waste of free time especially when the maintainer has a ton of other mods he is working on for 1.2

On 10/29/2016 at 9:22 PM, Murdabenne said:

Can this be run without RPM if I don't use IVA, or is there a functional (non-cosmetic) dependency there? I don't usually use the IVA for anything.  I'm more of a "Gene Kranz/Elon Musk" type space program engineer-director player than a "Scott Carpenter/Yuri Gagarin" pilot player.

Sure.  I'll probably make RPM an optional addon

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer maybe you want to change it from "depends:" to "recommends:" ?  That would have the desired effect and it would still automatically include RPM when its is available, yet still allow us "Elon Musk" weirdo players to ignore the beautiful IVAs that have been created and grind away from our desks while the brave Kerbalnauts fly our creations.  You could also use some tricks with an override clause to temporarily work around availability, but this might needlessly complicate your metadata.  In the end its your call, I'm willing to wait (it looks like issues with the new font handling mechanisms in Unity for the IVA are the main holdup with RPM at the moment)

For those wondering what we are talking about, CKAN data can be set up so the app author or CKAN metadata maintainer can specify how a mod relates to other mods.  Here is how I used to explain it in IRC for #CKAN

"depends"  means the author has determined that the current mod does not run on its own and must have the other listed mods to provide it with things it does not have in order to run properly.  All the other mods must be available on CKAN for the current version of KSP, and all will be automatically installed along with the selected mod to satisfy that need. 

Note: This can cause a mod to not show up as compatible/available for a given version of KSP.  If even one of the mods in the "depends" list is unavailable, then CKAN will consider that the author's mod is also unavailable - and will consider it unable to be installed until all of the mods in the depends list are available.  Thus the author's mod will not list it in the "compatible" list of mods for the KSP installation to which it is pointed, even if it is compiled and working against that version otherwise.

"recommends" means the author's mod can run without one or any or all of these other mod, but these listed mods should be used unless there is good reason for the user to do otherwise.  For CKAN, this means the other mods will be added to the install, already selected, and the user will have to opt-out (deselect) the other mods, otherwise they are installed automatically.

"suggests" means the author of this mod believes users will benefit from using these other mods with his/her mod, but they are not needed.  For CKAN, these other mods will be added to the install list, but will not be pre-selected - the user will have to deliberately select them, otherwise they will be ignored and not installed automatically.

... And you wonderful folks thought CKAN was just plug and play...  heh. Now you know why some authors would rather have nothing to do with it - it is yet another set of data and files that need to be set up and maintained.

Edited by Murdabenne
deleted "supports" (deprecated?) and conflicts (not applicable in this case)

30 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

@linuxgurugamer maybe you want to change it from "depends:" to "recommends:" ?  That would have the desired effect and it would still automatically include RPM when its is available, yet still allow us "Elon Musk" weirdo players to ignore the beautiful IVAs that have been created and grind away from our desks while the brave Kerbalnauts fly our creations.  You could also use some tricks with an override clause to temporarily work around availability, but this might needlessly complicate your metadata.  In the end its your call, I'm willing to wait (it looks like issues with the new font handling mechanisms in Unity for the IVA are the main holdup with RPM at the moment)

That IS what I said.  Ok, I said optional, but that was for most people who don't know the internal syntax of the netkan files

Will be updated in a little while

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That IS what I said.  Ok, I said optional, but that was for most people who don't know the internal syntax of the netkan files

Will be updated in a little while

Sorry.  Brain stuck in CKAN mode from when I was maintaining half a dozen of the metadata, and trying to untangle a few others - automatically switched to teaching mode without considering all the mods you're maintaining means you've seen this a million times already. 

BTW, how the heck are you keeping up wit so many of these mods?  I use a pile of them, and that work you're doing is certainly not a trivial amount.

15 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Sorry.  Brain stuck in CKAN mode from when I was maintaining half a dozen of the metadata, and trying to untangle a few others - automatically switched to teaching mode without considering all the mods you're maintaining means you've seen this a million times already. 

BTW, how the heck are you keeping up wit so many of these mods?  I use a pile of them, and that work you're doing is certainly not a trivial amount.

No problem.

Right now I can't update it because of a problem with Spacedock.  Once that's resolved, I'll be able to make the change.

I work on one at a time.  Most of them are fairly easy, it takes time when doing major versions.  Right now I'm finishing up with SXTContinued, and will then start work on VesselViewer (I hope)

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No problem.

Right now I can't update it because of a problem with Spacedock.  Once that's resolved, I'll be able to make the change.

I work on one at a time.  Most of them are fairly easy, it takes time when doing major versions.  Right now I'm finishing up with SXTContinued, and will then start work on VesselViewer (I hope)

Updated, should be in CKAN in the next day or so

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.