IRL Space News

Readerty2007

I'm about to move out of my isolated, mountain-side home overlooking the Blue Ridge to a crowded little suburb so I'm going to try to check this out (assuming no clouds).  We have high pressure dominating right now but too early to tell if it holds (especially with this humidity)

Luckily it was clear skies here. I got up at my usual 3:30 am to go to work, but instead of drinking my coffee in front of my computer as usual, I went outside. As soon as I sat down, a bright one flashed across the sky, probably the length of at least 4 full moons, leaving a faintly glowing cloud behind. I saw three more fainter ones over the next five minutes. The first one was at right angles to the next few, so I don't think it was related to the Perseids.

Bear in mind, this was in the middle of my townhouse complex, so it wasn't all that dark even though I was about as far as I could be from any outdoor lighting. Still, not bad for 5 minutes of stargazing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.