RPM Enhanced Docking Ports v1.2.1 for KSP 1.1.3

Jmullin

About This Mod

This is a small MM patch that integrates JSI Radar and JSI External Camera from RPM into all of the stock docking ports. I love RPM and the features it provides, but always wished the external camera viewer was integrated directly into the docking ports. I then discovered the JSI Radar feature when I used the FASA Gemini RPM IVA from Flight Systems Redux and just loved it. I decided to integrate both the radar and the camera into the stock docking ports so that no extra parts were needed with the added advantage that they'll always be centered.

Dependencies:

Module Manager

Raster Prop Monitor

Recommended:

SSTULabs-added compatibility with SSTU Command Pods and docking ports

License: GPLv3 

Download: 

-GitHub

-Spacedock

Installation:

Extract "JSI Docking Ports" folder from ZIP file and copy it into your Gamedata folder. 

Enjoy!!

Edited by Jmullin
Updated Mod

• 2 weeks later...

Hey J-

Thanks for doing this mod.  IVA Docking is a big part of my gameplay.  I'm also a heavy user of SSTU, so I was really glad to see that you added that compatibility.  One thing though.  All of the SSTU CM and LM pods have integrated docking collars and your mod does not seem to work with them.  It works fine for the separate collars,  I discovered that if I stacked one of the separate collars on top of the integrated collar, the docking cam works fine. The CM launch escape shield doesn't sit correctly, and when you dock a CM to a LM you have a noticeable "Oreo cookie" effect but it's a workaround.

Would you be able to add the docking cam functionality to the pods?  or is that something I need to bring up in the SSTU forum.

Thanks again. 

Edited by thomash

Please remove the directory __MACOSX from the file, it is unnecessary

Also, please remove all the .DS_Store files, they are OSX files and again, are unnecessary

I would also suggest adding a .version file (see site http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ for details)

VERY IMPORTANT:  Remove spaces from file and directory names

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 8/21/2016 at 2:57 PM, thomash said:

Hey J-

Thanks for doing this mod.  IVA Docking is a big part of my gameplay.  I'm also a heavy user of SSTU, so I was really glad to see that you added that compatibility.  One thing though.  All of the SSTU CM and LM pods have integrated docking collars and your mod does not seem to work with them.  It works fine for the separate collars,  I discovered that if I stacked one of the separate collars on top of the integrated collar, the docking cam works fine. The CM launch escape shield doesn't sit correctly, and when you dock a CM to a LM you have a noticeable "Oreo cookie" effect but it's a workaround.

Would you be able to add the docking cam functionality to the pods?  or is that something I need to bring up in the SSTU forum.

Thanks again. 

Take a look at HullcamVDS, it does most of this, and then some more as well

On August 24, 2016 at 6:45 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Please remove the directory __MACOSX from the file, it is unnecessary

Also, please remove all the .DS_Store files, they are OSX files and again, are unnecessary

I would also suggest adding a .version file (see site http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ for details)

VERY IMPORTANT:  Remove spaces from file and directory names

Thanks

The .DS_Store files are created automatically. I can't seem to prevent them. Any ideas? And the _MACOSX file I'm unaware of. Where is it? Thanks for the info. 

On August 21, 2016 at 2:57 PM, thomash said:

Hey J-

Thanks again. 

Thanks for bringing this up. I developed this for RO/RSS gameplay and forgot that SSTU doesn't automatically add the camera like in RO. I'll take of that shortly. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.