◥BDArmory Jets Thread◤

On 8/31/2016 at 3:12 AM, Choice // SLOTH Airlines said:

Okay, that is crazy

That is a really nice plane, but WAIT WHAT?? Do you have the exhaust refraction mod? Where did you get it? I must have it, now! :o

Thanks!

-

And the heat-blur effect is just from Photoshop :P

On 8/20/2016 at 6:48 AM, Adelaar said:

So, I just found time to refine the M-GS-1, which is now named "Liberator" It is to be found and downloaded here: M-GS-1 Liberator

78b66c4025cb2b37d56562915ff3899c.jpeg

@Colonel Cbplayer, here ya go!

@Adelaar, your bold new vision for the future of military aircraft has inspired me to build an 'Airborne Weapons Platform' of my own, the Aquila Aerospace AVC-270 'Freedomizer', or as it (was briefly) known to its enemies, the 'Doombringer'

The VTOL system is giving me a little trouble though, it's so large and heavily armed I can't get it off the ground (yet)

It's gonna likely be slow as hell though.

Here's the armaments list (likely to change as the VTOL engines can't lift it)

14 Hydra-70 Rocket turrets
2 Howitzer Cannons 
6 Vulcan Turrets 
2 30mm Chainguns
4 Orkon Millennium Flak Cannons
2 GAU-8 Cannons
4 50 Caliber Cannons (likely to increase in number)
4 ABL systems
4 Jerneas Missile Turrets (up to 32 Sidewinders or AIM-120s)
1 Abrams Cannon

I know that you went mostly stock, but I'm a modaholic so it's mostly designed with OPT. 

Pictures soon to come, and a video of it facing off against the Liberator will soon follow.

Edited by njmksr

8 hours ago, Adelaar said:

@njmksr, nice! I look forward to a face-off. Looks like you're carrying an aweful lot of weapons, interesting :cool:

It's actually so heavy I might have to make a custom engine or rebalance the OPT engines to get it to fly.

Update: I am actually building a custom lifter jet engine with crazy power to lift behemoths like this. I'll reuse a model from B9.

These are from V1, which had a naval railgun on the bottom as opposed to a tank cannon, I'm considering putting it back on.

8riwO5B.jpg

IJDizEp.jpg

It's also got a massive cargo hold.

Edited by njmksr

(rewriting this for the third time, thanks NKD for bluescreening my cpu again)

Ok, I'll have a stab at this. Here is the B-888 Valkyrie, modified from the RQ-888 of the same name to carry people and bombs. Sometimes not in that order.

Download here

Hotkeys:

1=open bay doors

7, 8 & 9= drop bombs (one at a time) (or you could just click)

P7dmg5k.pngfmcaViI.png  

Mods here

Spoiler
  • BD Armory (duh)
  • North Kerbin Dynamics (for the nukes)
  • OPT
  • B9? (cant remember if i used it for this)
  • probably mk2 expansion
  • AoA Technologies
  • yeah definitely mk2 expansion the scramjet's on it
  • damn im tired.

Warning: warranty will NOT cover repairs if taken at or above 38 km. Effects of this include: loss of thrust (because ram intakes look cool but are bad), loss of electrical power, loss of control. Damages may include; loss of kerbals, loss of money, loss of nuclear weapons.

(seriously don't take it over 38 km recovery rate from flights over 38 km are 0%)

On 8/30/2016 at 6:24 PM, AirShark said:

A jet I've been working on recently - The KP-82C Skua Maritime Patrol and Anti-Submarine / Ground Attack aircraft. 

Weg6dRF.pngz0lkexO.png

I would love to have a craft file for this.

8 hours ago, njmksr said:

Alright, the ACV-270 'Freedomizer' is complete!

I will post the DL later.

BNI2AUP.png

91hZcdV.png

7mp24be.png

Full album:

http://imgur.com/a/80Cdw

Are the two side cockpits also OPT parts or are they from someplace else?

This, my kerbals, is the Mouse Great Drone.

8oY1Glo.png

Although originally conceived to operate in numbers, the huge aircraft proved too cumbersome for the AI to fly. However, it still has that big gun!

Speaking of GUN, there's a priority target, an ICBM!

Q8YXL58.png

FIRE NOW!

BnX8xxO.png

Well, I missed, but I accidentally leveled half the R&D.

otwDUjz.png

*LATER*

Well, I fired the GAU-8 peashooter to try to shoot the missile down, and a single 30mm round managed to connect with the tower. However, my aircraft connected with the astronaut complex.

0eCYifo.png

Moral of the story:

even big guns can have their faults. There are currently two paths:

1: Use smaller, easier to operate aircraft

2: Use a gun so big that it is impossible to miss

On 11-9-2016 at 7:07 PM, njmksr said:

Bad news @Adelaar, a faceoff may not be possible. The ACV-270 gives my computer too much lag. If you have a good rig you might have to run it if you want a faceoff at all :(

When I have time I'll check it out :) I can now put two Liberators against eachother with fighter support, so I guess a 1 vs 1 with your ship should be possible. If not, 1.2 should give a performance boost!

12 minutes ago, Adelaar said:

When I have time I'll check it out :) I can now put two Liberators against eachother with fighter support, so I guess a 1 vs 1 with your ship should be possible. If not, 1.2 should give a performance boost!

Cool! 

Also, what version or procedural wings are you using for 1.1.3?

A big dump all over you pretty thread http://imgur.com/a/0cB5a

What the h#!! Why did it post four times.  I'm just going to leave it here and call it art or something

What the h#!! Why did it post four times.  I'm just going to leave it here and call it art or something

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, njmksr said:

I'm considering turning what @Adelaar and I have thrown together into a challenge: the Airborne Heavy Weapons Platform challenge-- to make a BDA VTOL that can dish out and receive a lot of damage. 

I've already been designing the same thing, but by doing some kind of parkour with both ground and air targets. :)

I've seen pretty cool stuff here.

So far I invented this guy that can is as fast as an average fighter, lacks manuervability as a smaller fighter but packs a huge punch.

Rest :http://imgur.com/a/hsGW6

(A good eye would notice I accidentally toggled inverse rotation above the ground, hence the air began pushing upward).

EdMnFkO.jpg

mRhi0qM.png

Edited by Andrew2070

Some older video from earlier this year ( I posted it somewhere before )- slightly modified BDA to fix a bug otherwise current, proc parts/b9 pWings, BAD-T weapons, and FAR. All AI pilots, all truly inept :P I think I have a slightly better 262 around somewhere once I wrote a mod to colour stock stuff. IIRC these were actually properly thrust-limited too. Rampage was a name put forward for the Meteor, btw.

Spoiler

Big playlist of older BDA/FAR 1v1 here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.