[1.3] MaErDa Corp : Dev Blog V0.97

Warsoul

MaErDa is Out of Bussiness !

Too many kerbal are deads resulting from our experiments.

We are thankfull for the 7000 curious ksp fans

who tried our unpolished Ksp's mod pack.

We are sorry for the bugs or unbalanced parts, that's why we close bussiness to focus on few polished parts with the new skills we learn in 2017.

https://sketchfab.com/models/89ff537215474f588c3ffa317e92ff93

https://sketchfab.com/models/5155119b0f784406ac77e2f41f3b6c76

If you are a fan of somes MaErDa's parts and you want to repair/balance/mod them to fit your needs; direct message me on my Sketchfab :

https://sketchfab.com/Warsoul

Become a Patreon Of Warsoulbtn_donateCC_LG.gif

MaErDa Corp Beta Tester Pack is a 50+ parts Add-on for veterans players who want something new to play with.
This mod is designed to add a new visual experience with a futuristic look inspired by the lastest Nasa designs and prototypes.

If you appreciate what I create, please consider donating me a water bottle, you can make a donation by PayPal !
Comments and feedbacks are welcome ! Enjoy !

All Rights Reserved but feel free to contact me for updating or modifying MaErDa mods.

Click image to Download

RdcUGDB.jpg

ag6py1U.jpgohKNbsA.png

Edited by Warsoul

Looks great :) I think it would be a lot better looking and more compatible with the stock parts (and parts from the dozens of stock-alike mods) if the grey parts where the same color as the Rockomax X200-32 fuel tank though.

Edited by Dreadthrone

On 10/08/2016 at 8:53 PM, Dreadthrone said:

Looks great :) I think it would be a lot better looking and more compatible with the stock parts (and parts from the dozens of stock-alike mods) if the grey parts where the same color as the Rockomax X200-32 fuel tank though.

It's true; it was the case but i forgot to change the default material color from Unity new Material. Resulting in a darken gray. I will fix that soon. More compatible ?

I was trying to figure out how ksp shader was working. I usely work in pbr(Metal/Rough)+AO+Height. It's hard to comeback to simple diffuse/spec shader.

Edited by Warsoul

5 hours ago, Warsoul said:

It's true; it was the case but i forgot to change the default material color from Unity new Material. Resulting in a darken gray. I will fix that soon. More compatible ?

I was trying to figure out how ksp shader was working. I usely work in pbr(Metal/Rough)+AO+Height. It's hard to comeback to simple diffuse/spec shader.

Don't worry too much - we are getting PBR soon.

6 hours ago, Dreadthrone said:

Looks epic now :D after building a ship around one it seems to go very well with both stock and modded parts. Certainly going to be using this on tons of monstrous landers :)

I seek for some beta tester and part balance advices. If you are interested, i can you early access to some mods. 

I would be happy to :)

I haven't done much testing yet or tried any of the engines, but the Atlander and refurbished Atlander seem pretty good when it comes to balancing since they are a bit larger in size than the X200-32 and quite a bit heavier but also carry a bit more fuel and a command pod and RCS tank/gyroscope.

Also, will we be getting a stock-alike version of the jet engine? 

I mean a version of the jet booster that has the red stuff removed similarly to the refurbished Atlander, so that it looks better on planes using stock parts :)

EDIT: Nevermind, just downloaded the beta version and the amount of red on the jets is low enough to be stockalike in my opinion :)

Edited by Dreadthrone

On 14/08/2016 at 3:33 AM, Dreadthrone said:

I mean a version of the jet booster that has the red stuff removed similarly to the refurbished Atlander, so that it looks better on planes using stock parts :)

EDIT: Nevermind, just downloaded the beta version and the amount of red on the jets is low enough to be stockalike in my opinion :)

You can edit the textures files in each parts in gamedata/maerda/. Has long you keep the same file, it will work. Has long you keep the MaErDa logo on it, you are free to do want you wish. I have included some extra map like metalness,AO,Roughness,etc with them. Add them has layers to play with.

15 hours ago, akron said:

Nice work there! The promised PBR shaders will make those texture pop really nicely

Thank you, my workflow will be more efficient with these PBR shaders. I have to guess the results by forcing Ksp shaders to eat my PBR :wink:

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

I know this is still basically WIP, but you might get even more people to try out the mod, if you were to switch to, or at least also host on SpaceDock

I tought Spacedock was dead with ksp 0.24. The mod is cool enough to share it everywhere ?

53 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

I tought Spacedock was dead with ksp 0.24. The mod is cool enough to share it everywhere ?

I believe you are thinking of KerbalSpacePort... Yes, thats dead, way back, before Squad made their deal with Curse/CurseForge...

After that, KerbalStuff was born, and was a hosting site that came about (for one reason), due to the death of KerbalSpacePort, and Squad's deal with Curse...

Then, after a life span of about 10 months, IIRC, and being THE BEST Ksp mod host out there, KerbalStuff was shut down for various reasons (which no one need bring up, HERE... If anyone wants to know more on THAT history, you can find PLENTY already hashed over about it on Google)...

SpaceDock.info then came along after that, and is a sort-of fork of KerbalStuff, being built out of the source code of KerbalStuff, THANX to the generosity of the KerbalStuff dev making it open-license, and even, IIRC, helping the SpaceDock team get SD up and running off the code...

I believe it now hosts more mods than Curse, AND they are all as-current, or more current than those on Curse...

Edited by Stone Blue

MaErDa Beta Tester Pack Version 0.7 is out                                          

To Help KSP                                                            To Help SpaceDock

Download Links :   https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/maerda-beta-testers-pack/files/latest  http://spacedock.info/mod/899/MaErDa Corp Beta Testers Pack

Edited by Warsoul

• 7 months later...
15 hours ago, Warsoul said:

MaErDa : Lifter X4 : Droptank s in beta launching ! Get it here !

The new droptank solution for the Lifter X4 series. Designed to support the Lifter X4 Booster wich is coming soon. MaErDa Corp is near bankrupty after they spent too much on their softwares licenses. Theirs scientists are looking for investors who want join theirs projects and develop awesome techs with them.

Explode at your own risks !

https://technology.nasa.gov/materials_and_coatings/mat-insulations.html

Is that fuel tank made out of a chainlink fence?

Can you post some pictures of the parts in game showing how you intend them to be used, i can't work out why the Booster supports the drop tank? Also is that booster air breathing?

2 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Is that fuel tank made out of a chainlink fence?

Can you post some pictures of the parts in game showing how you intend them to be used, i can't work out why the Booster supports the drop tank? Also is that booster air breathing?

22 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Actually, it's a sneaky snek

b1okuRJ.png

Ah ah ! Too funy ! Nice one ! You need to burn theses tiles to understand what it is. I work in PBR with substance Painter 2 and i try to mimick PBR shader with the KSP shaders. I'm pretty limited on wich maps i can work on. I'm sorry. I used bumped/Specular for this one. You need a light source to read the textures correctly.

KSP :MaErDa : Lifter X4 : Launch Test !

HOT TILE. Example of a new type of heat-resistant tile.

Space Shuttle Thermal Tile

Edited by Warsoul

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.