Can't right-click on docking port in-flight

the title says it all : I have a stuffy spaceship and the right-click on the docking port is obstructed by some other parts, especially structural girders. How could I right-click on it? My goal is to undock it.

I've searched the forums but my search was inefficient because the results are masked by a bug in the VAB from 2014 preventing people from right-clicking on stuff, and by topics explaining how to use docking ports.

Edited by jeancallisti

First of all, you are in the wrong forum since this is for add on releases.

Second. The way I do it is to move the camera view in between and even through the vessel until i find a zoom and angle which allows me to interact with the part.

This work in cargobay as well.

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

This can be a general problem with "can't click on thing because it's buried in a nest of other parts."

Two solutions that spring to mind, neither of them perfect:

• Don't build your ship so that vital, have-to-click components are buried somewhere unclickable.  :wink:  (Obviously this doesn't help you if you've already launched the ship.)
  • Zoom in until the camera is inside one of those obstructing parts, so that you can see the component in question and can click on it.  (Unfortunately, this doesn't always work-- the game will only let you zoom in just so far, so in cases of having a very small ship with small components, you may not be able to zoom in far enough to get inside the obstructing parts.)

18 hours ago, Snark said:

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

This can be a general problem with "can't click on thing because it's buried in a nest of other parts."

Two solutions that spring to mind, neither of them perfect:

• Don't build your ship so that vital, have-to-click components are buried somewhere unclickable.  :wink:  (Obviously this doesn't help you if you've already launched the ship.)
  • Zoom in until the camera is inside one of those obstructing parts, so that you can see the component in question and can click on it.  (Unfortunately, this doesn't always work-- the game will only let you zoom in just so far, so in cases of having a very small ship with small components, you may not be able to zoom in far enough to get inside the obstructing parts.)

@jeancallisti, THIS^ And also this little thing: Hold down the wheel-button on your mouse(middle-button it was back in the day)...while holding that down, move the mouse around. You will see the camera itself rotates left/right/up/down(without circling around the craft). This can give you an edge in finding those parts, but it's also useful for docking massive ships that have a center of mass(camera center as well) far away from the pointy docking port edge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.