Mod which increases stability when loading a craft

SpaceK

Hi there,

I vaguely remember that there once was a mod which decreases wobbling of crafts upon loading... I've pieced together a small research outpost on Minmus (already heavily modded, the outpost mostly uses USI colonization parts) which first only jumped a small bit upon loading. I didn't think too much about it initially, because I misplaced two Gypsum drills s.t. they lift up one part of the outpost anyway, but over time, the jumping got worse, and the last time I loaded the outpost, it completely flipped over.

I tabbed out of the game and closed it forcefully because building the outpost was unexpectedly difficult (yeah... I suck at outpost building...) und I don't want to lose it to a glitch. Anyway, does somebody know a mod which can prevent this behavior?

I thought it would only reinforce joints for some reason, but the description looks good. Thanks!

Edit: Nope, still jumping, although KJR claims to do something

814D4DF9BBE0598FB0982230F78A61D9D16C0EC4

Edited by SpaceK

Try setting wheel weight stress to 0.0 in settings.cfg, found in the game's root directory. I think the whole weight stress thing may be the cause of most 1.1 wheel and leg problems.

Edited by Guest

For now, I saved the day by installing Hyperedit and hyperediting the station back onto solid ground, but I'll try editing the config if something like this happens again.

KJR works at the moment, the station only twitches a bit when switching to it.

Edited by SpaceK

19 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Go into settings and increase/decrease the terrain details.

I've had far more issues with decreasing terrain detail than increasing it, I would suggest putting it at the highest setting unless it's already there.

Quick follow-up question:

Does stuff like this have something to do with KJR?

19E3120795CFD0AF9A8BCEC74F3F252182109370

The wildly flailing structure in the back is suposed to be a foldable solar satellite, but the hinges seem to decide to twist into directions they shouldn't really be twistable, and at a folding angle of between 70 and 75 degrees the entire structure starts to become uncontrollable. In the foreground, a valiant Kerbal who was actually supposed to rigidify the structure with EVA struts (in this unfolding attempt, I unfolded the satellite just to the point where it still was controllable, but it started flailing when I linked the first EVA strut) but eventually decided that abandoning the mission would be healthier in the long run.

BTW, the satellite did not fall apart and nothing exploded, it just went on flailing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.