running out of ideas

TheGuyNamedAlan

R U running out of ideas??  

79 members have voted

1. 1. R U running out of ideas??

• Yes
    • No
    • Couldn't admit because i feel embarrassed about it.

hi guys,

this is not only a poll but a thread to suggest some stupid mission ideas. i did search the challenges and mission ideas not only on the forums, but on everything, reddit, google bing, everything. they just isn't stupid enough. i want challenges that is almost impossible and fun because i don't really want to wait for 2 minutes with max time warp while going to eeloo.  plz reply cause i would be happy, u dont wana make me cry do u, ;-;

I see these types of threads now and then which leads me to believe that most people have cycles of having fun and getting bored of KSP. 

Just take a break and play something else and then comeback later when you feel like it. 

If you really want to play KSP but are just out of ideas, I recommend getting some mods which add a whole new level to the game.

5 minutes ago, worir4 said:

If you really want to play KSP but are just out of ideas, I recommend getting some mods which add a whole new level to the game.

This is definitely the way I go about it. Through 20+ part mods and personal tweaks to tech tree placement, I've filled out the community tech tree to the point that I don't see myself unlocking everything within the year. So unless you're averse to modding for some reason, I'd say it's a great way to expand one's horizons and design possibilities. I have a concept for a large ion-driven ship of highly modular construction that I'd like to realise, for one.

One way some folk like to play is to invent a storyline for their playthrough, give their kerbals personalities, and see where that takes them.

Whenever the engineer in me gets bored or runs out of imagination I let him take a break and I go play some mindless Counter Strike for awhile.

You can't "force it" ...if you don't feel like playing KSP; don't. It's not a job, you'll have more fun if you leave it for a bit and come back.

If it's just KSP that's boring you but your inner-scientist is still raring to create, try a differently themed sandbox-building game. I recently tried TerraTech and it's great fun, sort of like KSP but more focused on ground activities and building rovers and such. There are lots of great games out there, don't feel limited to playing just one of them all the time. (Which is the reason I stopped playing WoW a long time ago, when you pay monthly for something you start to feel obligated to play it and it becomes a second job that isn't fun.) Anyways, best of luck!

Definitely a No for me. So far my 'problem' is lacking time (very common) or motivation (a cyclic thing, every few months) to do all the things on my KSP ToDo list. And that list just keeps growing, because I seem to run into new ideas of things to try at a slightly higher pace than I get done -or bored- with them.

Playing some other game is what I do when I notice I don't 'feel like' firing up KSP. Plenty of other stuff to tide me over until I inevitably get drawn in again.

9 hours ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

I discovered yesterday that drinking does not increase my probability for success.

I discovered quite the opposite. Though since this forum is meant to be children and teen-friendly: don't drink and fly.

On topic: I don't actually lack the ideas and plans. I lack the motivation. The things I would like to do in career are almost countless, yet I always lack the motivation to finish them. Mainly due the fact that career mode is still unfinished and doesn't let me do these things the way I want them.

I will make that Laythe polar base one day. With a fully functional SSTO ferry and a space station in orbit. I will do all these great things once the career mode is overhauled and offers the free choices, not random choices.

When you're out of ideas, do something you haven't done.

Maybe somebody's done it, maybe nobody's attempted it.

I was bored one day and decided to imitate an old prop plane with a tiny jet engine to make a plane that flies really slowly.

Sure maybe you've been to Mun or Duna... but have you taken something really big there?  Circled the planet/moon by land?

Not really losing ideas, but losing interest in doing them. A recent bug-based explosion ripped apart my Jool-5 plans, some bugs led to the dissappearing of 

-big manned moho mission

-Eeloo rover mission

-First duna&ike probe mission

-many minor mission sats&stations

Also, with NMS coming around, I have a new game to play (and damn, these orbital mechanics are unrealistic af).

I'll probably come back to the game when I get either bored or "finish" NMS.

3 hours ago, LN400 said:

If you are looking for silly ideas, how about

Using ONLY SRB + sepatrons, go to Minmus, land, go from there to Mun, land, return to Kerbin. Shouldn't take too long, if it can be done at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYzY_O0_VpY

matt done it already

but ill give it a try anyway

its gonna be hard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.