running out of ideas

TheGuyNamedAlan

R U running out of ideas??  

79 members have voted

1. 1. R U running out of ideas??

• Yes
    • No
    • Couldn't admit because i feel embarrassed about it.

1 hour ago, eddiew said:

Stone? All we had was this oooooold mount'in! We had to kick it until we'd made our own stones!

A mountain, huh? You were lucky! We lived in a giant hole and every morning our dad sent us out to collect pebbles to fill the hole and build a mountain on top of it, then he had us tear down the mountain using nothing but stone tools we had to chip ourselves. When we were done, we had 5 minutes left of the day where we kicked this anti-ship mine!

Try to tell the kids of today this....

Edited by LN400

I'm a big fan of Monty Python myself, and the Yorkshire fogies one is undoubtedly one of the funniest moments for me, but that's something for the lounge, so let's do our best to keep this thread on topic, please :)

41 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I never run out of ideas. Try some engineering, it's great fun! For example, build a stock helicopter or turboprop airplane.

mjJPUSR.png

That... is... awesome! Does it fly well?

I haven't seen anything yet about using the administration building yet. You could always set up a career mode so that all the money you make is from gathering science or all the money you get is from reputation etc, etc.... it could definitely add new and exciting twist to that career.

On 8/14/2016 at 1:19 PM, worir4 said:

I see these types of threads now and then which leads me to believe that most people have cycles of having fun and getting bored of KSP. 

Just take a break and play something else and then comeback later when you feel like it.

^ This, I go through a cycle of KSP, then maybe some Xcom, maybe some ArmA, maybe some Civ, maybe HW remastered, and come back to KSP.

Also, I had quite a bit of KSP adjacent fun just modding planets, which mainly involved playing around with heightmaps.

Duna with oceans? different color oceans? different heights... some green around the edges of the oceans...  revert duna to its old self, add a planet at kerbin pseudo-L4 with the mars heightmap and oceans... add pallas and vesta analogues to the system, mode Slate (OPM) to be a proper mars analogue, move the kerbin's L4 planet to be a binary planet with kerbin orbiting at the radius where kerbin is tidally locked to it but still has the same length of day... etc etc

Edited by KerikBalm

7 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

i did notice that in the early version of ksp, there were no time warp. is that correct??

It's true. And in the early discussion on the Orbiter forums, Harvester mentioned that he didn't want to have time accelleration. I'm glad he changed his mind, otherwise I'd still be on my way to Laythe.

Do you want to do something nobody has ever done before?

If yes:

Spoiler

Okay. Pick 5 random numbers between 1 and 16. Got them? Okay.

1 = Moho

2 = Eve

3 = Gilly

4 = Kerbin

5 = Mun

6 = Minmus

7 = Duna

8 = Ike

9 = Dres

10 = Jool

11 = Laythe

12 = Vall

13 = Tylo

14 = Bop

15 = Pol

16 = Eeloo

Now, imagine the most epic ship possible in your head. Does it have a fleet of landers? Is it fueled by asteroids? Does it have missiles? How big will the lifter be? Can it land rovers? How many Kerbals? Does it have SRB's?

Think of some challenging thing to make the mission unique enough to be displayed on the forums.

Grab a random craft from the craft exchange and use it as part of your payload.

Got all that? Build the ship, attach everything.

Visit those five bodies IN ORDER. There is only a 1 in 39916800 chance that somebody else will have done the same order as you. Combined with the epic ship, and some made up storyline, a few space pirates, and lots of quicksaves, it can be tons of fun.

If no, make a music video. vvv Shameless Plug vvv

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.