Trouble with asteroids

Hi!

I'm in my first mission to intercept an asteroid in collision course with Kerbin!!!!! :0.0:

So I decide to intercept the asteroid in solar orbit.

The first bug, when I´m close (less than 1 km) to the asteroid, vanishes of the the map.

Second bug. I target the center of mass and is outside the asteroid!!!! :confused: When I´m closer (100 to 200 mts) this fixes automatically. :)

When I "dock" with the asteroid, I can´t save the game or go to the Space Center. ;.;

I've tried this three times and the same happens every time.

Please Help!

Not an answer but I have a similar issue with a asteroid in my career mode. Spent hours sending up a probe, outfitted with drills, converters , 4 nuclear engines, refueled 4 times so I'd have enough fuel to get to it to intercept it, finally get to the asteroid, lined up to its orbit retrograde so I can start to capture it into Kerbins orbit, as I get the giddy feeling that all my hard work has paid off, game freezes as soon as I dock.Tried 4 times to be sure game locks up everytime. VERY FRUSTRATING. To my surprise I've never encountered the game breaking save corrupt glitch after spending several days on the game...didn't even knew it existed until I began searching for others having issues docking to the asteroids. Really up to this point the worst thing I've noticed is severe fps drop whenever rendezvousing with a space station/other craft or launching ships above 100 part count  (which is a bummer considering I bought this game for console because my laptop did just that, but my laptop doesn't have the cores, memory, and graphics card the xbox one has; which apparently doesn't help at all... my laptop runs it better in that regard) But really all the issues I'm reading here on the forums really disappoints me that squad and or FT QA is so lax. Game really should've been in the game preview program if not held off for release completely!. As others have repeatedly stated, looks a lot like another studio trying to milk it's fanbase. I'm sure that A LOT of people who did buy it for console, did solely in hopes that their expensive 8th gen console would run it better than their 5+ year old laptops and desktops which is surely not the case. Really hope you guys at Squad and or FT get your stuff together and make this right ksp is a GREAT game, but you are really gonna put off a lot of people with this terrible effort at a port....Disappointed is the best way I can describe it currently. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.