Devnote Tuesday: Many hands make light work!

SQUAD

1 hour ago, HoloYolo said:

Stop bumping this, I keep thinking it's the new one.

Some weeks, the main reason I post in the Devnote thread is so it gets a star next to it, so on the following Tuesday when the inevitable "Where is this week's devnote?" post bumps the thread, I can instantly see it's the old thread and not a new one.

I dont mind devnotes being late....but it is not happening in a vacuum.

First major team members leave.

Then new staff is brought in.

Then devnotes start falling behind.

If it was any other game or product I'd be thinking: "Looks like they're wrapping this up to start on another project"...

Any rebuttal?

22 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

If it was any other game or product I'd be thinking: "Looks like they're wrapping this up to start on another project"...

Any rebuttal?

You want me to rebut that you're not worried that they're moving on to another project? I can't. I think they're not as well.

23 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Any rebuttal?

They hired two new devs, said they are in full QA mode and fixing things and working on a release in the last two or three dev notes. I don't get why people still think this is a sinking ship where it is imho quite the contrary with new wind in the sails and shipping it to a greater destination.

Edited by Theysen

26 minutes ago, Codraroll said:

Hey, I just realized... we won't have to wait as long for the next Devnotes after these ones! Usually, it's an agonizing seven-day wait, but if things improve from here on out, the wait time will only be five days next week.

...yay?

and if u keep waiting 5 days, u'll get 2 devnotes at once, eh? :D

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

You want me to rebut that you're not worried that they're moving on to another project? I can't. I think they're not as well.

1 hour ago, Theysen said:

They hired two new devs, said they are in full QA mode and fixing things and working on a release in the last two or three dev notes. I don't get why people still think this is a sinking ship where it is imho quite the contrary with new wind in the sails and shipping it to a greater destination.

Probably "rebuttal" was the wrong word on second look :(

I don't think this is a sinking ship - not that wrapping up a project necessarily equates to "sinking", I would even consider it a fair move as long as the major problems are still ironed out.

But the sequence of events did make it cross my mind, that 1.2 might be one of the last patches.

Whether or not you consider KSP as "sinking" doesn't really have a bearing on that.

Anyhoo, here's to KSP and the devs, cheers!

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Any rebuttal?

Dev Notes fell behind right before the last update too.

It would not be so bad if ANY info was posted here on the official forum regarding the devnotes. Why call it `devnote tuesday` when the devnotes are just as likely to come out on wednesday or thursday?

Could someone repost the info I`m sure has been posted elsewhere regarding the devnotes please?

45 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Probably "rebuttal" was the wrong word on second look :(

I don't think this is a sinking ship - not that wrapping up a project necessarily equates to "sinking", I would even consider it a fair move as long as the major problems are still ironed out.

But the sequence of events did make it cross my mind, that 1.2 might be one of the last patches.

Whether or not you consider KSP as "sinking" doesn't really have a bearing on that.

Anyhoo, here's to KSP and the devs, cheers!

1.2 being one of the last actually wouldn't be surprising, nor bad, to me.  Everything ends, and KSP is starting to feel like a finished product, and I think that's great.  Personally, I think the last update should be 1.5.4.

2 hours ago, Theysen said:

Actually this would be my impression, too. As in: They finally got the development in a WAY more professional level, starting to fix stuff that should have been done ages ago (like efficient ressource distribution - the performance problem you could cause by adding 10 batteries was just not good). It seems that finally the development is (also) focusing on decent quality including not wasting all the performance you have through crappy code. They also go on a serious bug hunt AND fix obvious omissions in the API. If you look at it from what happens now - this is a LOT better than what was done a year ago.

And I would not say it ends. KSP 1 maybe - but then there may be the time for some larger DLC or KSP2.

My bet for the delay would be that they want(ed) to announce some release to experimental or so and things got delayed.

4 minutes ago, TheTom said:

My bet for the delay would be that they want(ed) to announce some release to experimental or so and things got delayed.

Or the employee responsible for posting the DevNote is busy 'doing real work'/'at home with sick kids'/'to drunk to log in'.

Squad might be big in the indie world, but they're aren't that many of them :wink:

55 minutes ago, TheTom said:

That's why I'm at the train station, hoping the hype-train tickets go on sale when they post this weeks Devnotes Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, John FX said:

If the notes are just not going to appear and also no `sorry no devnotes this week` then there better be 1.2 next week or we will all know you have just been trying out the new margarita machine...

1.2 next Tuesday confirmed.

Or, best Margarita Machine confirmed.

There was a note on twatter about the dev notes coming yesterday, which didn't happen.

The real liquid off is that some people who live off the grid, and there fore on cellular data, is that there has been nothing posted here on the official forums, where people usually expect to see something about the dev notes, if not actually the notes themselves.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.