Consistent Lag Spikes?

Hiya, so I run my game with a few mods. To say the least.

fb9d9bf639d4be167d7f8d87978e37f7.png

But I'm on an issue right now I can't seem to track down, the game every, fifteen seconds or so, will just, pause for about half a second. I'm running 1.1.3, and my system definitely isn't being hit anywhere else can causing KSP to lag.

add61af4efa66127c6d765742e6ae192.png

The spike doesn't look too bad on this debug menu, but it does go down to zero for a bit.

Anyways, I was able to look in the Debug console, and find this absolute spam of plugin errors.

5bdc53d24fc8f2e594d95bdc0af0584d.png

I'm running Distant Object, but I don't know what file or mod this is that is requesting Distant Object and causing this spam log. Don't know if the log is causing the random slowdowns, but it certainly is there.

So, what does anyone thing is causing the lag spikes? I, have no experience in debugging this stuff, sorry.

Edit, I've read a bit about it, it looks like Mono.dll, and there's already a discussion on it, so, whatever.

Edited by Cooly568

• 3 weeks later...

That is the DistantObject hook that resides in Cacteye. It is hard coded to a specific version of DistantObject. If DistantObject gets an update, the hook goes all funky spamming exceptions (and slowing the game), because it expects an older version of DistantObject. The fact, that versions don't mach, creates this error.

You have few options with this:
1) Delete the cacteye hook dll
2) Wait for Cacteye to update the hook
3) Use an appropriate version of DistantObject that matches with the hook. 

No, it won't, and definetly it won't break it. At least it didn't make anything go bad for my save.

If you're unsure, just check it on a seperate installation of KSP (distant object + cacteye without the hook)

Also from readme for "DistantObjectHook":

Included is another folder entitled "Compatibility Patch for Distant Object v1.5.4," this is needed
only if you are running Distant Object v1.5.4. The contents of that folder contains a compatibility
patch that makes CactEye 2 fully compatible with Distant Object 1.5.4. If you are not using
Distant Object, then the patch is not needed and will introduce unnecessary log spam.

To install the Compatibility patch for Distant Object Enhancement, extract the contents of the
"DistantObjectHook" folder to your GameData folder.

The thing I found and belive to be the closest to explaining the issue between the two mods:

Edited by Ald
hook purpose

On 17/08/2016 at 0:40 PM, Cooly568 said:

But I'm on an issue right now I can't seem to track down, the game every, fifteen seconds or so, will just, pause for about half a second.

Try the above, if that's not it it's probably the garbage collector. Inspect with Memgraph. AFAICT, Contract Configurator is the biggest contributor to the garbage problem at the moment.

I'm getting the spam. My lag spikes are rhythmic. Every five or four seconds on the dot. Also during the spike the spams "gush" out sort to speak.

Thanks Ald. That's very helpful I'll try it. Thanks Steve

Edited by Maltman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.