[ASC-IV] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW2 Theme)

15 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Sorry, no, mate. That means that only the Juno is allowed, it being the closest to WWII power. I wish I could use them, but that would be too modern. :( If you wanna use them, then wait like me for an ASC that's more modern.

Don't worry! I am planning that ASC V be a Modern Style!

Oh yeah and @Mycroft I have added your suggestion for the 50. cal turrets.

37 minutes ago, GDJ said:

So, at 163 m/s (or 586.75305975522 km/hr) my plane pretty much matches up with a WWII fighter, and everybody else's submission is around this mark as well ( one was faster, two were a bit slower ).

Oh.

@GDJ, a new fighter has been added, with 3 Junos.

6 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

I now present for your approval the CANUKWorks DF-47 Stinging Nettle

How fast is it?

Also, I am thinking of making a second craft for this tournament.

@epicman81 do you mind if I extend the deadline untill September 30th?

Edited by Wildcat111

46 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

How fast is it?

252.1m/s in level flight and just under 230m/s in battle ... I will be updating her before she fights so be sure to download the latest version before you send her into battle

Here's a teaser .....

Edited by DoctorDavinci

12 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

252.1m/s in level flight and just under 230m/s in battle ... I will be updating her before she fights so be sure to download the latest version before you send her into battle.

How many engines does it have? It looks like two, but what looks like either a Circular Intake or a Juno is in front of the seat.

Before we officially start, I have updated my P-79 Scythe to be replaced by the P-83 Super Scythe:C7HF6M0.png

Also, I was hoping to throw in my newest ship, the P-97 Broadsword, as well:

vjsfWNM.png

I am assuming by the way the rules read that the 4 plane team can be composed of more than one type of aircraft? Please let me know if including two aircraft in the competition will be a problem and I can always remove one.

@Wildcat111, both ships are uploaded to the ASC IV hanger. I would like to completely remove the P-79 Scythe from competition and replace it with the P-83 Super Scythe. I apologize for the late switch, but I just wasn't happy with my original design :wink: . Thank you! Please let me know if this is going to be a problem. 

Edited by Rezolution

Neat planes Rezolution! Looking forward to seeing how they handle.

5 hours ago, Bob_Saget54 said:

After taking a small bit of inspiration from @JollyGreenGI's prototype, I present to you all the Mosquito Mk. I

QdAVcz3.png

4 Props, 10 x 20mm cannons and one Jebidiah

https://kerbalx.com/Bob_Saget54/Mosquito-Mk-I

I LOVE that fuselage! Very sleek.

43 minutes ago, TorchedForever said:

I did some more testing with the newest entries and the revised AVRO Kraken.

@GDJ wow... Those new Krakens are frightening, my planes are torn to shreds instead of enveloped in a green cloud of 20mm rounds.

Anyway, here is the updated version of the Vivamente. Turns out you can't use the same settings as a slower plane :P.

Again thank you! I look forward to seeing everybody's craft fly. This should turn out to be a great battle.

Edited by GDJ

6 minutes ago, Rezolution said:

Before we officially start, I have updated my P-79 Scythe to be replaced by the P-83 Super Scythe:Also, I was hoping to throw in my newest ship, the P-97 Broadsword, as well:

I am assuming by the way the rules read that the 4 plane team can be composed of more than one type of aircraft? Please let me know if including two aircraft in the competition will be a problem and I can always remove one.

@Wildcat111, both ships are uploaded to the ASC IV hanger. I would like to completely remove the P-79 Scythe from competition and replace it with the P-83 Super Scythe. I apologize for the late switch, but I just wasn't happy with my original design :wink: . Thank you! Please let me know if this is going to be a problem. 

Yes. Do you want 2 Super Scythes and 2 P-97s?

Meanwhile I submit my latest creation, the P-26 Hornet!

baWmPF4.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.